Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubularities, Tubular curiosities ;)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
RadioactiveTangerine Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 17 2011, 13:15

As I promised, here it is - a thread about my second TB CD.
I've bought it yesterday (To tell the truth, I've traded one of my bad CDs - I just couldn't verify whether is legal or not and the booklet was B&W unlike other issues of this album. Also the CD was very scratched.) and played today on my stereo. The sound was definitely louder. After searching some extra infos, I've stumbled upon an suggestion that this is the pirate CD of then legal release (Today, it's illegal but it was legal in Poland because of the copyright law from 1994 allowing to use music older than 1974 so there were cheap releases (less than half price of original CDs) of Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon and so on)). The "original" CD is here. I had to update the page without possessing that one to make it distinguishable from my own entry with pirate edition - jus added a cover. This is the pirate version . Also, I've seen the very rare Polish vinyl issue of TB (1991). I've seen it on Discogs through I saw it today on Allegro (polish ebay-like site). for the first time. It feels strange that your own country press is very rare in your country... :)
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2011, 14:32

Tell us more about the rare TB Vinyl Patryk
Profile PM 
RadioactiveTangerine Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2011, 15:54

I don't have it. Sadly, it was released in 1991 (my birth year) and when I was "being prepare", my father lost his love to music (I mean buying). Discogs page of it. If the price on the cover is real (5 zł) it means that it was soooo cheap (~1 Ł, sorry I don't know how to make the British Pound sign). I would like to have it but I never seen it in the "shop with old LPs and CDs" near my faculty.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Mar. 17 2011, 13:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net