Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: tubular world, dreaming about it...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 22 2002, 19:07

well... this forum seems to me the best place to start this topic since id' like that tubular world were a part in the whole mvr... maybe it will not but, as we don't know yet how it will actually be... i can dream :)

just some minutes ago i was listening to tsode and when 'tubular world' sounded i had an idea... an image... it's something like this...
the gate to tubular world could be somewhere in the solar system... i'd put it in the airship... for me it's really awesome flying just over it... i'd put the gate there...
so u go flying over the airship and when u shoot the gate it opens and u hear 'enter' and closes loudly behind... and from them u start flying in a tunnel... the tubular world, which is a long curved glass bell and while going through it you can see space images  moving outside on a dark sky...

i had this image while listening to 'tubular world'... but 'crystal clear' fits very well with this trip i think... i can imagine a soft flight until the countdown and just after this, the guitar solo announcing another place, this solo is imo as powerful as the one in 'the owl's flight' so when u leave the bell it could be possible to imagine a flight while listening to the 'crystal clear' solo...
any ideas about places to visit in an imagined tubular world?

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Dec. 22 2002, 19:24

just thinking that tubular world vr could be written somehow in tsode.. cause if i keep on with this flight u can go to... the sunken forest, of course :D :D

maybe it's just that it's too late and i need sleeping...  :zzz:

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 22 2002, 20:47

ive often wondered whta MVR would sound like with TSODE music. I even thought of changing the tunes to TSODE tunes (ive changed them before). really good idea though, maria! good imagination.....i like the idea of linking it with the original MVR world that way.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: June 06 2003, 17:32

the demo will be available next monday 9th of june
glad to read this.
:)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
SHINE Offline

Posted: June 06 2003, 19:07

Yes ,I've been waiting so long...
           But now...I'm a little affraid:
                       Been at MO's web site and seen the pictures of the game; and it's probably me,but in some of them I see a kind of...darkness?
                       And it's also true that if you still know the game's music,it looses a little bit of its interest...
                       And there's also the first game: will Tube World be as good as MVR? ( is it possible? )
                       Rendez-vous on Tuesday
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: June 07 2003, 08:02

Didn't Mike say in that recent interview that there was aditional new music in the Tube World? He did say that the game handles differently, there's less emphasis on problem solving and less freedom to move around, I reckon you may be tethered more to avitars on this one.
Personaly I'd like to see a bit more darkness if it means a bit more atmosphere and mystery. TresLunas was just slightly to sunny and bright and a bit to new-agey for my tastes.
Profile PM 
SHINE Offline

Posted: June 07 2003, 17:39

Well, I'm happy to learn that there will be new music on Tube World !
            But that makes me think about people who don't like pc games or people that just don't have PC. What a pity!They won't be able to listen to the new tracks...
             And about darkness,I should have better used another word to explain what I meant to say,but I can't find it.
            When visiting the web site and looking at the game's pictures ,I got "grey feelings" from two of them. When I said  "darkness", I didn't want to mean "lack of light" or mistery.I wanted to talk about sadness,pain..."grey things".
            Anyway,I have been in MO's website again today, and the grey feelings about the pix didn't bother me anymore...
            Mad SHINE !! :laugh:

Only one day left...
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 07 2003, 18:56

But that makes me think about people who don't like pc games or people that just don't have PC. What a pity!They won't be able to listen to the new tracks...

If there are indeed new tracks, I or someone else will make them available for those who can't hear them. If there are many new tracks, I'll make another MVR cd.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
SHINE Offline

Posted: June 08 2003, 15:49

That would be great for them!

Thank you !
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: June 09 2003, 16:39

Is it just me or is there a bad link for the Tube World demo? Anybody else experiencing problems?
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: June 09 2003, 16:45

yep... the link doesn't work. i've tried just some minutes ago. it seems there has been some problem and they are working to repair it.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: June 09 2003, 18:30

Looks like thats it for tonight, hopefully the demo will be on the go tomorrow. I've put a question in one of the forums at MO.com asking what size graphics card they recomend for the Tube World, I still don't know if it'll work on my computer although I do have a 32mb card and MVR worked well.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: June 09 2003, 21:36

Yeah, the link is not working. Do they know this? Who to contact? :(

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: June 10 2003, 00:28

I'm downloading the Tube World right now!!! I just sent an e-mail to F.Oldfield (Fanny I guess, who designs the site) and about 30 mins later the link is working.

It's 25.48Mb and i've only downloaded about 5% so far with my antique 56k modem  :zzz:

Will let you know what I think when I get to play it.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: June 10 2003, 03:06

Just palyed it ...wooooh! For my full comments see the seperate thread 'The Tube World Demo - Warning Spoilers'.

:cool:

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: June 10 2003, 03:08

GOT IT!
Well... from first glance, nothing much happening there at the moment ;)
a castle, a few black 'trees', a row of 'gates' and a chess knight avatar.
IMHO, the flight control is a little to sensitive - hard to stand still. MusicVR.exe is now V1.2 - I'll try if it works with TresLunas.dat tonight. Chat window looks promising, though the letters are quite small at 1024x768. No music found (yet?), except for chimes when bouncing the borders.

Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: June 10 2003, 03:17

Doh! - just saw timshen's post after sending mine - Well, as I said - at first glance...guess that' what I deserve for my attempt to beat him with the first posting ;)
Should have taken some more time, but my wife is pushing me to go to work now - though I also had some idea about the clock at the gate...
BTW.: tubeworld_demo.exe crashed with treslunas.dat after loading (after I renamed it to tubeworld_demo.dat), but it left an interesting log file...
Profile PM WEB 
16 replies since Dec. 22 2002, 19:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net