Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (45) < ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Net 2011, The Album< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Philippe Tavares Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 31 2011, 06:53

Thanks to you friends . Im following you from my truck .
Very nice work Milamber , i like the way you ve used the pics .

I like the idza of your double T because it represents a bridge over all of us , fans of Mr Oldfield .... and aldo it represents Tubular Tos !!! :D :D
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2011, 06:59

Quote (wiga @ Jan. 31 2011, 00:59)
I think I prefer the tropical. It has a warm light feel about it - with hands playfully playing in the water.

The darker waters have a sinister feel, and the hands don't look so playful - could be the hands of a ghost or a drowning man.

Probably it will come down to what the music itself evokes. Michael Hilton's piece, for example, hints at lots of dark things going on in the background (I can imagine it as part of the soundtrack for a thriller), and that would make the darker, more sinister cover more appropriate. Quietman's, Sir M's and EeToN's pieces, on the other hand, aren't sinister at all.

It sounds as though you know how to enjoy yourself in the water, Wiga  :D
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2011, 07:01

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Jan. 31 2011, 06:53)
and aldo it represents Tubular Tos !!! :D :D

Keep that up, TT, and some might feel tempted to add three letters to your second name - in a caring and constructive way of course! :laugh:
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 31 2011, 07:13

I like the tropical one too.

I wanted to zoom the picture so you are seeing it as though you are the one holding the floating glowing bell out of the water.

With the close up covers this one works best I think.

You have done a fantastic job TT.
I love those purple clouds though :cool:

I will center the "THE" and repost.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2011, 07:24

Maybe see what it looks like with the lower writing the same style and colour (white) as the upper as well... ?

If you rotate a tubular bell, too, you get a passing resemblance to a letter "t".

I'm not sure about the joined up T's at the bottom - it looks to me a bit like plumbing...
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2011, 07:40

There's some nice artwork here guys! I like the one with the single hand coming out of the water. Very Arthurian.

It also kinda reprasents my track "Hand Across The Mountains" which is about the Black Mountains in Wales. Incidentally you can see Hergest Ridge quite clearly from the top.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2011, 08:11

Quote (quietman @ Jan. 30 2011, 14:52)
bloody hell! I'd better stop watching "Dancing on Ice" and finish my track... nice one nightspore!

Just noticed this - thanks, QM. I didn't realise the Black Mountains were so close to Hergest Ridge.

The only problem with the single hand coming out of the water is that it might remind people of the well known publicity poster for the film Deliverance.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2011, 11:33

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Jan. 31 2011, 06:53)
and aldo it represents Tubular Tos !!! :D :D

Keep that up, TT, and some might feel tempted to add three letters to your second name - in a caring and constructive way of course! :laugh:

i'm afraid to understand ... Tubular TosT ? :D

Quote (nightspore @ Jan. 31 2011, 13:24)
Maybe see what it looks like with the lower writing the same style and colour (white) as the upper as well... ?

If you rotate a tubular bell, too, you get a passing resemblance to a letter "t".

I'm not sure about the joined up T's at the bottom - it looks to me a bit like plumbing...

:) You can get a 4 too !

Well i really liked what Milamber did !

i like the first pic zoomed ( tropical) because the hands look pretty realistic !

But i like the brightness, the color and atmosphere of the lake and green hills where the water looks very real !

...i'll try another variants !

..about the hand out of the water , this is an old idea i've  already used with the logo of Orion from Synapse audio ( my sequencer) here :

http://www.4shared.com/photo/-zCFpwlJ/Handtouch.html

and if you like Bryce here is some of my humble works:

http://dc111.4shared.com/img/4PNWP0gj/s7/Shuniji-San.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/photo/qJw-hJnX/Space.html
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2011, 18:14

I may have missed some of this thread but will this be a physical CD or internet only album?

Another thought is, once completed I wouldn't mind playing the CD in our cafe here in Wales. Now, legally I am not sure where we stand here as in the UK PRS (Performing Rights Society) licences is needed which we dont have. They cost £200 a year! However, if all who are on the CD give permission to me to play thier music on the CD then I can't see a problem.

Also, will the tracks be shown as composed by each username or by our 'real' names?
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2011, 18:38

I'm currently looking at a few different options for releasing .

Yes it will be a download but with everything needed to print your own personal copy.

I am looking for software to create the booklet that will allow it to be downloadable on say both sides of an a4 then folded to form the book any ideas.

Maybe a double disc with 2 covers .Tropical for original songs and collaborations ect.
Arthurian cover for the rest.
Light and Shade   :D
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2011, 19:14

Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2011, 21:34

Maybe you prefer this One NS :)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2011, 23:15

I like the last one best, Milamber. If you have two different styles of writing on the cover it will to some extent distract people away from the all-important image. Just my opinion.  :)
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2011, 02:17

Quote (milamber @ Jan. 31 2011, 23:38)
Maybe a double disc with 2 covers .Tropical for original songs and collaborations ect.
Arthurian cover for the rest.
Light and Shade   :D

So far there's around 60 minutes of submitted music, including Terry's unfinished track.

I've been listening to all these tracks - they really are ALL lovely pieces.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2011, 04:45

I agree what a group :D
Do we agree this is the cover? (Last One Posted).
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2011, 04:53

Quote (milamber @ Jan. 31 2011, 03:06)

It's kind of a shame not to use this as well with it's purple sky and moody atmosphere.

....And the two 'tits up' hills...     ;)  :p

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2011, 05:23

It's looking like a double disc set so why not use this for CD2 Remixes & Covers.(Disc 1 Tropical for Originals ect).
This would also let Quietman (and others) play the first Disc in public and keep the copyrighted  stuff on the second for private listening .
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2011, 05:25

Quote (wiga @ Feb. 01 2011, 20:53)
....And the two tits up hills...    :)  :p

You can tell it's cold for sure :p
Profile PM 
Michael Hilton Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2011, 05:34

Quote (milamber @ Feb. 01 2011, 18:23)
It's looking like a double disc set so why not use this for CD2 Remixes & Covers.(Disc 1 Tropical for Originals ect).
This would also let Quietman (and others) play the first Disc in public and keep the copyrighted  stuff on the second for private listening .

That works for me, and the last cover looks good from where I'm sitting!  :D
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2011, 06:03

I love the 'glastonbury' two tits picture the best and very Arthurian.... thanks for the mamories!

seriously, if double CD then can use 2 covers.... (the other with 2 hands)...

still working on the 'Hand Across The Mountains' rework... prooving to be more complex than I first thought... also having a few technical gremlins on the PC which is hindering me...

My other track, Pentre Ifan (if agreeable will also get a rework... ) this I believe sounds a bit like a tracks from 'Voyager'...
Profile PM 
899 replies since Jan. 11 2011, 21:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (45) < ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net