Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (21) < ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition problems< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubular_trekkie Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 16 2009, 17:37

At this point merely some honest and direct communication from Universal/Mercury would be nice. Instead of which they just appear to be ignoring things. It certainly looks like they've ignored my letter of complaint that I sent - last month - to their HQ in London.
Maybe they can't immediately 'fix' the problems (the 'missing sets' and vinyl quality issues), but an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of the problems and an EXPLANATION of what they plan to do about them wouldn't go amiss surely?

And yeah, I'll second your "Come on Mike!" It's not his fault, but he's got to have some leverage on the situation, I reckon. It is a special release of his seminal work, after all.

Edited to add: Does anyone think it might be worth trying to contact MO's PA/Agent to make him aware of the situation in the hope that something can be done?  I don't happen to have any contact details of course (and damn!, I sadly don't have Mike's email address or phone number  :p - what a shame ;) ), but would it be worth getting the Dark Star folks on board?  I see that the FAQ on tub.net mentions that the MO Information Service may be able to forward stuff to his management. Is it worth a try?

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2009, 07:34

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ Aug. 16 2009, 23:37)
At this point merely some honest and direct communication from Universal/Mercury would be nice. Instead of which they just appear to be ignoring things. It certainly looks like they've ignored my letter of complaint that I sent - last month - to their HQ in London.
Maybe they can't immediately 'fix' the problems (the 'missing sets' and vinyl quality issues), but an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of the problems and an EXPLANATION of what they plan to do about them wouldn't go amiss surely?

And yeah, I'll second your "Come on Mike!" It's not his fault, but he's got to have some leverage on the situation, I reckon. It is a special release of his seminal work, after all.

Edited to add: Does anyone think it might be worth trying to contact MO's PA/Agent to make him aware of the situation in the hope that something can be done?  I don't happen to have any contact details of course (and damn!, I sadly don't have Mike's email address or phone number  :p - what a shame ;) ), but would it be worth getting the Dark Star folks on board?  I see that the FAQ on tub.net mentions that the MO Information Service may be able to forward stuff to his management. Is it worth a try?

I agree, and I think it's a disgrace that they haven't reacted upon the letter you sent...

I have had some problems ordering on the internet before, but at least I got my main order in that case.... In this case I received only my t-shirt, and if had I wanted that more badly than an UE I would have designed and made one on my own....

I guess I'll try to contact Mercury once more, because the last time ( about 1,5 week ago ) they said they would see into my complaint and actually try and do something about it....

:/
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2009, 14:56

Mercury sent me an email promising me a replacement UE, signed by Mike. They are expecting that to arrive in their offices this week.
After that they promise to dispatch it immediately to me.  

And now I will keep my fingers crossed, and wait for the box to arrive....  :O
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2009, 15:39

That's sort of good news (I think! ), but we'll see...

Anyone else heard anything? Tati? Korgscrew?

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 20 2009, 18:41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhBGFqldAvk#t=01m13
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2009, 22:09

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ Aug. 20 2009, 16:39)

Nothing here today...

I think that my UK student visa will come before I'll get my signed UE box,place your bets  :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2009, 02:49

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ Aug. 20 2009, 21:39)

Yes, I think it's good news, for me anyway ...

But the reactions on this message from both you and Tati summon up exactly how our general opinion about all this is getting.
We're sceptic. First we want to see it, then we will believe it.

When, or if, I receive my UE I will let you know, because I'm rather curious if it means that the bigger problem will also be solved, and all of us will receive the stuff that we want ( an UE or a replacement vinyl or whatever is needed.... ).
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Aug. 21 2009, 04:56

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Aug. 21 2009, 03:09)
I think that my UK student visa will come before I'll get my signed UE box,place your bets  :D

Hey Tati, I saw a pic recently which reminded me of you waiting for your signed UE edition:

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Aug. 22 2009, 11:40

Pity "Watchdog" the old BBC Consumer Programme isnt still on at the Moment.. They would Salivate all over something as juicy as this...      Yeah get Anne Robinson or Nicky Cambell on the Case theyd take the Piss in such a Fashion things would probably start to Happen...    Id personally grab there hands off for a Refund ..  Think all the Joy& Expectation has vanished up the TUBE so to Speak..  Dust yourself off guys and invest the refund on Hergest & Ommadawn.. :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2009, 06:34

Quote (3Wheeler @ Aug. 22 2009, 16:40)
Pity "Watchdog" the old BBC Consumer Programme isnt still on at the Moment.. They would Salivate all over something as juicy as this...      Yeah get Anne Robinson or Nicky Cambell on the Case theyd take the Piss in such a Fashion things would probably start to Happen...    Id personally grab there hands off for a Refund ..  Think all the Joy& Expectation has vanished up the TUBE so to Speak..  Dust yourself off guys and invest the refund on Hergest & Ommadawn.. :cool:

Watchdog will be back for a new series this autumn I believe (with Anne Robinson back at the helm to boot).  And it is possible to contact them at any time via the BBC's website.
If this drags on for very much longer I may very well do so.  There's no guarantee the story would be featured of course, but considering the unusual and expensive product it concerns we may get lucky...

Interested parties should check out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/

--------------

Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 24 2009, 09:12

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ Aug. 24 2009, 07:34)
[Watchdog will be back for a new series this autumn I believe (with Anne Robinson back at the helm to boot).  And it is possible to contact them at any time via the BBC's website.
If this drags on for very much longer I may very well do so.  There's no guarantee the story would be featured of course, but considering the unusual and expensive product it concerns we may get lucky...

Interested parties should check out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/

...and then I'd be probably living in England doing my MSc,so if it will become a feature,count me in  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2009, 10:07

You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to say what's wrong, wouldn't you? There might well be a really good explanation for all this, but the longer the silence is, the more cynical the conclusions drawn are.

Mike doesn't have a manager or PA any more - everything's done via the record company...

The only news we've got is that we've heard this has been featured in a magazine somewhere. We don't know which one (the person who mentioned it couldn't remember which, though it might have been Mojo); it was apparently a feature on collectors' edition sets and listed Tubular Bells as one of the problem ones. If anyone's seen it, let us know!
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2009, 11:21

Just received another email from Bandstores. Apparently "they've heard a rumour" (lol!! ) that Mercury may be pressing some more discs, as it's now acknowledged that the quality issues are due to a fault with the manufacturing process (as we'd already surmised). No 'official confirmation' as yet though, although Antz seems to think it will be forthcoming...

I can't say I'm all that impressed with this news. It's still very vague and wishy-washy and I don't think it's good enough that Universal/Mercury still haven't contacted customers directly and made some kind of definite announcement. Bandstores have heard a rumour?! Gee, how are these people communicating? Tom-toms and smoke signals?!!  :(
It's almost like they don't really care, isn't it?  :(  :/

--------------

Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2009, 14:39

Quote (Korgscrew @ Aug. 24 2009, 10:07)
The only news we've got is that we've heard this has been featured in a magazine somewhere. We don't know which one (the person who mentioned it couldn't remember which, though it might have been Mojo); it was apparently a feature on collectors' edition sets and listed Tubular Bells as one of the problem ones. If anyone's seen it, let us know!

Its not Mojo as far as I can see. Unless I'm missing something I can't see any review of it at all which seems a bit odd considering there's a four page article.
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2009, 13:21

Quote (Korgscrew @ Aug. 24 2009, 15:07)
Mike doesn't have a manager or PA any more - everything's done via the record company...

Doesn't he? How strange. I guess that scuppers any plans to try and get his attention directly then.  

I wonder if he doesn't have any personal representation any more as he apparently "doesn't have any friends" according to those latest interviews doing the rounds  :O

I reckon he ought to employ Tati. I'm sure she'd do a sterling job (whilst giving the folks at Mercury a well-deserved rollocking, of course  :D )

--------------

Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2009, 13:48

Yes, I second that - Tati for Mike's PA and Manager, and loyal friend to the end - he won't need lawyers.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 25 2009, 22:13

That was nice to hear from you tubular_trekkie and wiga ;)

I think what would be nice to see in the future is something like a "street team",where some fans work closer to the record company to help them how to approach other fans in terms of everything related to our fav artist's career.Dunno why Mercury hasn't thought about that on Mike's case...if there was a street team,maybe all this confusion regarding the signed UE would be different...

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 26 2009, 00:45

Well.....I wrote a frustrated post in this thread earlier - and I haven't even bought the damn album.
But my experience with non-compliant arrogant firms is BEST solved through the press.
If you all write an email to where you bought it and cc to the head of the record company stating that you gonna make an effort to hurt them in the press, if this shit isn't solved and they can't come with an answer (write in nice & calm language).
Give them 3 days, after that, start posting /sending readers letters to your local newspaper, your nationwide papers, write in the different blogs other debate-forums, write directly to the music critics in the newspapers, to music magazines,
- hell...if you have the time - just make a fast website mentioning the problem (almost anywhere you can have a free website with ready-made templates) and with no need of skills to make a website.
See if there is a national television show about consumer complaints, alert them, ask if they want to address this issue.....in short - give those wankers a living hell.
Every-time you write somewhere, make a cc email to the record company and where you ordered the damn thing.
Trust me....if several of you give it a go...you WILL get results.. and fast!
Especially the record company (any) is keen to avoid huge bad press because they know they haven't got a huge star in the public (illegal downloaders)..

Start hurting them..go get them...what are you waiting for??
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 26 2009, 02:41

Quote (prisoner.of.the.dark.sky @ Aug. 26 2009, 06:45)
Well.....I wrote a frustrated post in this thread earlier - and I haven't even bought the damn album.
But my experience with non-compliant arrogant firms is BEST solved through the press.
If you all write an email to where you bought it and cc to the head of the record company stating that you gonna make an effort to hurt them in the press, if this shit isn't solved and they can't come with an answer (write in nice & calm language).
Give them 3 days, after that, start posting /sending readers letters to your local newspaper, your nationwide papers, write in the different blogs other debate-forums, write directly to the music critics in the newspapers, to music magazines,
- hell...if you have the time - just make a fast website mentioning the problem (almost anywhere you can have a free website with ready-made templates) and with no need of skills to make a website.
See if there is a national television show about consumer complaints, alert them, ask if they want to address this issue.....in short - give those wankers a living hell.
Every-time you write somewhere, make a cc email to the record company and where you ordered the damn thing.
Trust me....if several of you give it a go...you WILL get results.. and fast!
Especially the record company (any) is keen to avoid huge bad press because they know they haven't got a huge star in the public (illegal downloaders)..

Start hurting them..go get them...what are you waiting for??

I begin to think that you're right here, POTDS, I am still waiting for the box, signed by Mike, now promised to me by first Bandstores, and after that also by Mercury themselves.

I wrote the person at Mercury that I am in contact with another email yesterday, in a still nice and calm way, and asked for confirmation of the deliverence of the signed box at their offices, and dispatching to my adress....

No answer yet, I will send a reminder email this afternoon and after that I guess we best go public with the whole thing.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Aug. 26 2009, 03:16

I can finally give a tiny bit of more official news here...

The vinyl is indeed being re-pressed. No word of a timescale there, but at least the problem's been acknowledged.

The problem with the remaining sets has been with certificates. Still no explanation as to exactly what happened, but the delay has apparently been due to problems getting them back from Mike, as he's been travelling. They are apparently on their way now; again no word as to exactly when they're going to be in people's hands.

The 'worst affected' customers will also receive a copy of the rare promo single (20 people in total - by my reckoning, that's the majority of people who complained via us).
Profile PM 
405 replies since June 25 2009, 14:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) < ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net