Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (21) < ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition problems< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Unregistered

Posted: July 29 2009, 04:19

Quote (HRFanUSA @ July 27 2009, 17:01)
I feel sure you'll end up with something better than the rest of us fans that did receive our signed editions.

You actually believe that??

well, in that case I have a Eiffeltower in France I like to sell you and a huge lot on the moon right next a massive waterfall and a field with self-reproducing cheese for sale.
Only 99,99 British Pound-
Please transfer money in advance and I will send the ownership certificates to you right away    :laugh:

Every day in every way, I feel more and more happy that I didn't buy this release   :/
Reena Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 29 2009, 04:38

Quote (prisoner.of.the.dark.sky @ July 29 2009, 04:19)
Quote (HRFanUSA @ July 27 2009, 17:01)
I feel sure you'll end up with something better than the rest of us fans that did receive our signed editions.

You actually believe that??

well, in that case I have a Eiffeltower in France I like to sell you and a huge lot on the moon right next a massive waterfall and a field with self-reproducing cheese for sale.
Only 99,99 British Pound-
Please transfer money in advance and I will send the ownership certificates to you right away    :laugh:

Every day in every way, I feel more and more happy that I didn't buy this release   :/

Quite funny, I have to admit that... but when I think about it seriously, then there is one slight difference...

Mercury / Universal / CID / Mike himself probably don't want to become famous for their hustles...

And your superb offer is unfortunately to good te be true.... :D
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 29 2009, 10:23

Aaahh, I was slow off the mark there, but I think HRFanUSA, may have been tongue in cheek   ;)  ;)  ;).

Reena -  one good thing about holding out, as you are choosing to do, is that it makes it harder for Universal to dodge accountability, although I have found it rare for large organisations to admit getting it wrong. I don't think they work like that - it's usually a mixture of vagueness,wooliness and fudge.

"Where there's a bush - beat about it".

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 29 2009, 10:46

Quote (wiga @ July 29 2009, 10:23)
Aaahh, I was slow off the mark there, but I think HRFanUSA, may have been tongue in cheek   ;)  ;)  ;).

Reena -  one good thing about holding out, as you are choosing to do, is that it makes it harder for Universal to dodge accountability, although I have found it rare for large organisations to admit getting it wrong. I don't think they work like that - it's usually a mixture of vagueness,wooliness and fudge.

"Where there's a bush - beat about it".

Well, probably they could learn something from my organisation in that case....

I work in a bank.....  :laugh:

If they only knew who they're up against !!!  :laugh:  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Opus 1 Offline

Posted: July 29 2009, 12:20

Customers paying good money and getting nothing in return...Universal don't have politicians working for them do they?  :laugh:
(No offence to anyone on here if you're a politician)

--------------
The mark of a skilled musician is to be able to play one note and mean it, not play zillions of notes and not mean it.

(www.myspace.com/markmonaghan)
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: July 29 2009, 17:55

All of this sad situation reminds me rather horribly of the fiasco that surrounded the release of TB2003 and the copy protection it had, to this day I still can't play that CD which I paid good money for. Maybe all this is or was someone up above trying to tell Mike and the record company to stop re-recording/re-imagining/re-releasing/re-packaging/re-mixing the original album.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 29 2009, 23:39

I've just checked my order status on the website,and that seems promissing:

This is the current status for your order number XXXXXXXX

I personally think that it was only my black tubular tee,I'll send an email to Bandstores looking for further info about this.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 30 2009, 01:57

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ July 29 2009, 23:39)

I personally think that it was only my black tubular tee,I'll send an email to Bandstores looking for further info about this.

Hi Tati,

I received my tee yesterday, with a letter from Antz saying the same as ever....

Really sorry, doing all they can, no firm date, hopefully soon....

But I have my tee....
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: July 30 2009, 02:28

Quote (Reena @ July 30 2009, 07:57)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ July 29 2009, 23:39)

Hi Tati,

I received my tee yesterday, with a letter from Antz saying the same as ever....

Really sorry, doing all they can, no firm date, hopefully soon....

But I have my tee....

Same story here!

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 31 2009, 13:13

Enough is enough.

No reply to my formal complaint at this stage.

Forwarded it to one of the people in charge at Universal Music, and stated that his employees do not show any enthusiasm to dive into the mess and get it fixed.

Just hoping that this might make the difference.

If it doesn't, well, then I'll take it to the next level.

Apparently they think that can treat their customers like some stuff that comes out the rear end of horses, but I am not accepting that. Hopefully you will all join me....

:(  :(  :(
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 31 2009, 13:34

Besides Tati and me, are there any more people waiting for their Signed Box ? Somewhere in this thread I read something about "ten people", but I don't know if that's the case for real ....

And how many people exactly have had a poor excuse for a vinyl replacement ?

Because when I will have to take it to the next level, it might be wise to do this al together.

You can send me a message, and I will start counting, ok ?
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 31 2009, 14:11

Quote (Reena @ July 31 2009, 18:34)
Besides Tati and me, are there any more people waiting for their Signed Box ? Somewhere in this thread I read something about "ten people", but I don't know if that's the case for real ....

Because when I will have to take it to the next level, it might be wise to do this al together.

Count me in Reena as one of the "dissatisfied-with-vinyl" folks.  Not to mention the issue of false advertising wrt the signed and numbered sets being sold exclusively on the official site - NOT!!

I haven't heard anything from Mercury Records so far, but given that the UK postal service is fairly slow and/or unreliable that's hardly surprising, and not a cause for concern as of yet. (And I suppose I've got to give them a reasonable amount of time to respond in any case, although I can't say I'm all that optimistic at this point. Given their total lack of communication and general indifference up 'til now it seems to me they might be more than happy to just ignore even a strongly worded letter of complaint  :/ )

BTW, what's happened to Korgscrew on all this?  Is the tubular.net lobbying at an end?

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 31 2009, 14:23

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ July 31 2009, 20:11)

Count me in Reena as one of the "dissatisfied-with-vinyl" folks.  Not to mention the issue of false advertising wrt the signed and numbered sets being sold exclusively on the official site - NOT!!

I haven't heard anything from Mercury Records so far, but given that the UK postal service is fairly slow and/or unreliable that's hardly surprising, and not a cause for concern as of yet. (And I suppose I've got to give them a reasonable amount of time to respond in any case, although I can't say I'm all that optimistic at this point. Given their total lack of communication and general indifference up 'til now it seems to me they might be more than happy to just ignore even a strongly worded letter of complaint  :/ )

BTW, what's happened to Korgscrew on all this?  Is the tubular.net lobbying at an end?

No, it is not to an end, I very recently got an email that they're still working on it.

Maybe it is wise to wait for an update from them before we start any more official ways, right ?
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 31 2009, 14:32

Quote (Reena @ July 31 2009, 19:23)
Quote (tubular_trekkie @ July 31 2009, 20:11)

No, it is not to an end, I very recently got an email that they're still working on it.

Maybe it is wise to wait for an update from them before we start any more official ways, right ?

If you like.

I'm a bit confused though. I thought you'd already started complaining directly to Universal/Mercury?  Now you're saying we should wait and see what Korgscrew and the tubular.net admins are going to rustle up 'cos "they're still working on it"?

Fair do's if they are, I just wasn't sure, having not heard any more about it...

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 31 2009, 14:45

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ July 31 2009, 19:11)

No - most certainly not. Richard will hopefully be able to give you more of an update on progress (or lack of it) soon but rest assured we are still doing what we can. I'll let Richard update you further when he is next around but thought you needed to realise there has been activity in the background. This should not stop you making your own complaints if you feel you want to.

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 31 2009, 14:56

Quote (Matt @ July 31 2009, 19:45)
Quote (tubular_trekkie @ July 31 2009, 19:11)

No - most certainly not. Richard will hopefully be able to give you more of an update on progress (or lack of it) soon but rest assured we are still doing what we can. I'll let Richard update you further when he is next around but thought you needed to realise there has been activity in the background. This should not stop you making your own complaints if you feel you want to.

Oh, okay. That's great and much appreciated.

--------------

Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 31 2009, 15:23

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ July 31 2009, 20:32)
If you like.

I'm a bit confused though. I thought you'd already started complaining directly to Universal/Mercury?  Now you're saying we should wait and see what Korgscrew and the tubular.net admins are going to rustle up 'cos "they're still working on it"?

Fair do's if they are, I just wasn't sure, having not heard any more about it...

Oh, I have sent my formal complaints indeed, but when I said "taking it to the next level" I meant in the way of legal steps.

But Matt mentioned that they too were still on it, and that maybe Richard has some new info ....

So that's why I suggested to wait for that first.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 31 2009, 15:33

Quote (Reena @ July 31 2009, 14:34)

There are also a few spaniards,they've been discussing about it here!

Got a reply from Antz again,and...

Hi Tatiana

Yes, that was just the t-shirt we were sending out to you. With regard to the free compensation t-shirt we are intending to send those out next week, hopefully by which time we'll have heard the date the box sets will arrive from Mecury.

Regards
Antz

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 31 2009, 15:45

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ July 31 2009, 21:33)
Quote (Reena @ July 31 2009, 14:34)

Got a reply from Antz again,and...

Hi Tatiana

Yes, that was just the t-shirt we were sending out to you. With regard to the free compensation t-shirt we are intending to send those out next week, hopefully by which time we'll have heard the date the box sets will arrive from Mecury.

Regards
Antz

Pfewww, tried to make anything out of it, but I guess I'll have to ask one of my friends in my footballteam who's half spanish to translate.... Can't make much of it myself...

;)
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 31 2009, 15:52

Quote (Reena @ July 31 2009, 20:45)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ July 31 2009, 21:33)

Pfewww, tried to make anything out of it, but I guess I'll have to ask one of my friends in my footballteam who's half spanish to translate.... Can't make much of it myself...

Google translate helps a tiny bit, sortof, try here

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
405 replies since June 25 2009, 14:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) < ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net