[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (21) < ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition problems< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Bluepeter Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 02 2009, 15:26

Hi,

well, i got a reply from Antz today, telling me that unfortunally there are no stickers left.
Ok, i guess thats what i expected, so all I (We) can do now, is sit and wait if Mercury has a little surprise for us.
And yes, my certificate has no number, too.

Harry
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2009, 04:15

I finally got my box today too, also with no number. It contained a letter from Bandstores, noting there are only 30 Ultimate Editions with no number.

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
wiga Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2009, 06:07

Quote (Burning Fish @ Oct. 03 2009, 04:15)
It contained a letter from Bandstores, noting there are only 30 Ultimate Editions with no number.

:D  - I don't know - what a to do it's all been - 30 editions with no number now! At least Mike must have signed these 30 editions, and definately be aware of the situation now - assuming he asked why he was signing 30 more?

Is it time to move on now?

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2009, 06:07

Over the last few days I have enjoyed reading and most of all listening to the items in the box. The journey back in time is marvelous, and brings a lot of joy.

I am going to send an email to some people at Mercury involved in this, thank them for a beautiful job on the content and the way it is presented ( the book especially is just superb in quality, although I noticed some little errors in the text ) and then also ask for an explanation about the list of adresses. Ofcourse I'll hint towards the breach of contract and ask for a proper expalanation as well about what has happened to cause all this...

I think it is just for Mercury to contact us that they are very sorry, and so on, and that they are going to sent us an additional TB promotional product  ( which will be the promo-single probably, that they sent to me already... ).  

;)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2009, 06:49

The booklet is superb,even my Dad is impressed with its quality,ha ha!

Dunno if I can least bring the booklet wit me on my move,it's a bit heavier,but at least the music and some other goodies are going to be with me.

Let me first settle down in England,then I'll write to Bandstores/Mercury something.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2009, 07:00

I've just sent my email to Mercury :

Dear Adam, Naomi and Daryl,

I would like to express my gratitude for trying to solve the issues that have come up with the Ultimate Edition Boxsets.

Last Wednesday I have received a box that was in pristine condition, and that means that this goes for the vinyl as well.
I also would like to compliment you on the content of the box in general as far as it concerns the music and the book, you have really done a great job.

Together with the box came a certificate of Authentication signed by Mike Oldfield, which is great to have as that sure counts for a lot.

However it was a big disappointment to see that it had no number on it, although I have made clear in my formal complaint mail on the 30th of july this year that my order was a Boxset with a numbered and signed certificate....

Although I have been sent some additional TB product to compensate for the inconvenience of the long wait I had to endure, there has been no message from your side since the beginning of the whole situation that the REPLACEMENT certificates that Mike Oldfield was going to sign would NOT have numbers, and would very much appreciate additional compensation on this matter, as the item that I have received last week is NOT the item that I ordered and also expected to become.
Please note in this matter that I got confirmation from Bandstores that my initial order for an Ultimate Edition of Tubular Bells , together with a signed and numbered certificate, had been received in GOOD order, and that the item as ordered would be sent out in the week of the 10th of June.  

I now realise that it is probably due to contractual obligations that you have no possibilities to come up with numbered certificates as all have already been despatched, or that you just cannot discover what numbers have been lost if there has been a fire , or whatever else might have caused the loss of numbered certificates.

With the above assumption from my side I would think it is only fair that Mercury will come up with a proper explanation about what has caused all this and what the problem is that you are facing exactly that makes you unable to come up with numbered certificates, and what the compensation for all affected customers will be.

I understand from Bandstores that you have received a complete list of all affected customers to get in touch with them.
Perhaps that means you already mean to live up to my expectations as stated above, but just to be on the safe side from my part I decided to send you this email.

I am looking forward to your reaction.

Kind regards,

Hopefully they will realise that this ain't over yet....

:cool:
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Oct. 05 2009, 13:54

So.... I had an answer from Mercury....

This morning their legal department sent the following answer :
"Dear Frido

The simple explanation is that Mike forgot to number the certificate that he signed for you.

Regards."

:O  :O  

Do they think that I will just accept that kind of explanation ? They do have a lot of nerve, don't they ?  :(
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2009, 16:49

great stuff.  It's MIke's fault.  So can we have a contact address for him then?  "the musical-less ship, somewhere in the bahamas, etc "
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Oct. 07 2009, 17:40

I just pulled out my certificate to see if the number was handwritten. I had a recollection of it being stamped. It is stamped in gold.

[EDITED TO SAY  oh....somehow this got posted before I was finished emoting...... my complete rant is further down]  ARRRGGGH!!!!!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2009, 17:47

So Mike has a gold stamping machine? In the Bahamas? On his boat?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2009, 17:56

Hi Frido,

I feel badly for you and the others affected by this. That may be the simple explanation, but why do I suspect that it's not the right one? Did the legal department not know the process?

I just pulled out my certificate to see if the number was handwritten. I had a recollection of it being stamped. It is stamped--in gold. Did they supply a stamp to Mike, I ask rhetorically?  Wonder how the replacement certificates were  hypothetically to be numbered?  1A, 2A, etc.? 1-oops, 2-oops, etc.?

And--if the certificates came back from Mike and he did number them, why on earth, with all the screw-ups that have happened in this continuing saga, wouldn't they have looked at all of them to make sure they were properly signed AND numbered?

It's a bit challenging not to be furious and exasperated (I seem to be atm) , but I think that there will be a resolution to this.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: Oct. 10 2009, 23:34

I just wonder where are the tees and 'rare promos' that those who were still waiting for their orders AFTER FIVE MONTHS were promised to be given.

The whole story is completely shit.
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 11 2009, 04:02

Without all the "lost" certificates' numbers,how on Earth could Mike or someone at Universal has put a number on each replacement certificate???

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Oct. 13 2009, 04:45

Quote (crises1980 @ Oct. 11 2009, 04:34)
I just wonder where are the tees and 'rare promos' that those who were still waiting for their orders AFTER FIVE MONTHS were promised to be given.

The whole story is completely shit.

Email Bandstores.I did a while ago and it worked about the tee.As for the rare single,send a message to Reena who has got the emails for those who are in charge of this Tubular Bells reissue on Mercury.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2009, 06:35

Incredibly, I received a new replacement vinyl last Wednesday - expertly packed and in PERFECT condition (no scratches, wipe marks or fingerprints this time). It arrived completely out of the blue with no prior email from Bandstores or any notification whatsoever!!
Whilst I suppose this draws the matter to a close, I can't help but reflect that this entire saga has been VERY POORLY handled by Mercury and Bandstores. They still don't really wish to apologise for the numerous problems that have bedevilled this release, nor do they want to give any proper explanations that would probably cast them in a poor light.
As for the solution to the 'missing sets' issue, I'd say they've done very little to ameliorate the situation. What little that has been done, seems to have been done almost grudgingly. And now we find that there are extra signed, yet unnumbered sets that 'spoil' the original concept of the signed limited edition of 500. (I don't suppose ANY solution would have been ideal, seeing as they'd probably already sold the original 500, but this seems rather feeble to me).
I'm still somewhat annoyed about the whole thing, more because I feel there's now nothing else that can be done - Mercury don't give a monkey's by the looks of it and are perfectly happy to just shrug their collective shoulders and move on.
The only consolation I can now draw is that I will not buy any further 'special limited edition' crap from the 'official website' when I know that Mercury Records seem to consider MO fans as more of a nuisance than valued customers  :/

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Atane Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2009, 07:37

What is more, don't you think that Mercury has no yet announced what their plan about forthcoming reissues is, due to all that mess about the Tubular Bells box set?
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2009, 10:45

Quote (Atane @ Oct. 13 2009, 12:37)
What is more, don't you think that Mercury has no yet announced what their plan about forthcoming reissues is, due to all that mess about the Tubular Bells box set?

Quite possibly.
I hope lessons have been learnt with this horrendous mess, even if it's only to decide not to go down this path again. I've said something similar further up this thread, but I'll say it again now: if Mercury can't get their house in order to produce a high quality product along with a matching high quality service, it would be better if they didn't bother with any more 'limited edition/signed/numbered/blahblahblah' boxed sets. Just produce decent regular reissues with some extra bonus tracks that we can all buy from Amazon or Play or whoever!

It's a shame they couldn't get this right though. There's a very loyal and eager fan base out here just waiting to hoover up well produced collectors stuff, but I for one will NOT be buying any more special box sets from that lame-looking official site. And I kind of hope a lot of other fans won't either after this debacle. Hit them where it hurts - in their pocket - then they might decide to improve their customer service!  :cool:

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Elf Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2009, 08:06

I received my box yesterday, and I'm among the 30 people who haven't received a number. Mike forgot, hu? Mercury can sod off.

I sat down and listened to the 5.1 surround mix last night, while reading through the book, and the mix is fantastic! I've discovered nuances in TB I didn't know was there, and I've now got a such a new adoration of this album that it beggars belief. After listening through the whole thing, including the wonderful, wonderful "Mike Oldfield's single," I only wanted to put it on again. Well done with that mix, Mike!

I haven't checked my LP, but the rest of the box arrived in perfect condition. It really is a beautiful package, even if I wish there could have been more text in the book.

I did have to pay customs, though :(

I'm sick and tired of the way both Bandstores and Mercury have handled the situation, so right now I'm content with having received anything in the first place. It's a nice package, with some incredible material, and I'll leave it at that.
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2009, 03:47

Right now I am very busy at my job, and with some social obligations, but I will probably give "going public" a go. Some of the admins here will try and help me with it.

Letting Mercury of the hook so easily is exactly what they hope for. I won't accept it.
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 15 2009, 04:21

Quote (Reena @ Oct. 15 2009, 08:47)
Right now I am very busy at my job, and with some social obligations, but I will probably give "going public" a go. Some of the admins here will try and help me with it.

Letting Mercury of the hook so easily is exactly what they hope for. I won't accept it.

I'm also a bit busy nowadays getting used to everything related to my MSc,but I'm not 100% with what we've got now because we don't own what we've bought(a limited numbered and signed TB UE edition),and I wanna go public like Reena too.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
405 replies since June 25 2009, 14:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) < ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net