Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (21) < ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition problems< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 31 2009, 09:49

The trials of being a Mike Oldfield fan. Maybe we should find someone new.... discuss!

Anyway - can anybody tell me if UE vinyl problems other retailers are dealt with by the same people? I finally looked at my disc and I was horrified! Not the pristine 12 inch disc of wonder I was expecting - but FINGER PRINTS all over it? What ?? forgoodnesssakes...

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2009, 12:30

i got "back to black" stickered vinyl release from this but i dont dare to break seal...i was wondering if that release has also same problems.

has anyone actually got 100% mint vinyl?

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Atane Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2009, 02:22

Quote (Hifiguru @ Sep. 01 2009, 12:30)
i got "back to black" stickered vinyl release from this but i dont dare to break seal...i was wondering if that release has also same problems.

has anyone actually got 100% mint vinyl?

I did buy the 'Back to Black' Tubular Bells LP.
Mine was brand new, scealed, with no scratch or fingerprints on it.
Even the label is completely different compared to the U.E lp.

Regards.
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2009, 13:37

Received a tee ( Vintage TB ), size medium ( no-one bothered to ask my size ), and also a promo-single from Mercury last thursday.  

Although ofcourse it is still not what I want in the end, I guess I ought to see this as a proof of their willingness to solve the whole mess.

Have any of you had any news lately ?
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2009, 15:41

No,nothing here...the last thingie that came from Bandstores was the Cut Out Bell blue tee I've bought last week and it did arrived yesterday.

I remember I got an email from Bandstores which asked me about the compesation tee shirt and its size,and I sent an reply asking for the TB Album Shirt,size L.Let's see if they're going to respect my choice...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2009, 02:12

Oh, that's strange, I got my compensation tee from Bandstores about two weeks ago, but I did not bother to ask for a specific one.  Maybe that's why I got mine sooner ?
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 06 2009, 09:34

Quote (Reena @ Sep. 06 2009, 03:12)
Oh, that's strange, I got my compensation tee from Bandstores about two weeks ago, but I did not bother to ask for a specific one.  Maybe that's why I got mine sooner ?

On Aug 10th,I got this email from Bandstores and there was furhter info about the compesation tee:

You are receiving this further email update as one of the customers who ordered copies of the Tubular Bells signed Ultimate Box Set in May (Order ID XXXXXXX) and is still waiting for your copy or copies to be delivered.

As we said in our last email we our still doing our best to get the outstanding box sets to you as quickly as possible. We have been told that we should be expecting some definite news from Mercury very shortly.

In one of our previous messages we offered you a t-shirt as some consolation for having to wait for your set. I would be grateful if you could drop tub_bells_tees@bandstores.co.uk a message with what size t-shirt you would like us to send. We'll then get it sorted for you.

(...)

Again thanks for bearing with us. We hope to have some positive news for you
in the very near future.

Regards

Antz White
Director
Bandstores

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2009, 13:21

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Sep. 06 2009, 15:34)
Quote (Reena @ Sep. 06 2009, 03:12)

On Aug 10th,I got this email from Bandstores and there was furhter info about the compesation tee:

You are receiving this further email update as one of the customers who ordered copies of the Tubular Bells signed Ultimate Box Set in May (Order ID XXXXXXX) and is still waiting for your copy or copies to be delivered.

As we said in our last email we our still doing our best to get the outstanding box sets to you as quickly as possible. We have been told that we should be expecting some definite news from Mercury very shortly.

In one of our previous messages we offered you a t-shirt as some consolation for having to wait for your set. I would be grateful if you could drop tub_bells_tees@bandstores.co.uk a message with what size t-shirt you would like us to send. We'll then get it sorted for you.

(...)

Again thanks for bearing with us. We hope to have some positive news for you
in the very near future.

Regards

Antz White
Director
Bandstores

Yep, got that same email, and I just gave them my size... I didn't think about asking a specific one, but I saw you did...
Have you sent Antz an email once again about it ?

This coming week I will once more ask Mercury to come up with an update about Mike signing our stuff ( whatever stuff it may be... ), and thank them for the TB product ( As they call it... ) that I got last week....
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 06 2009, 14:01

I should send another email to Ant about the compesation tee asap.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Sep. 08 2009, 20:42

3 months since its release and still NOTHING here  :(

No comments at all.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Sep. 10 2009, 07:28

Any further news on the subject?

I think I'll turn my Amarok with lasers mode on to solve this  :D

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2009, 15:27

No news from Mercury since my last email. Last monday I asked for an update, but once more the people at Mercury don't seem to be in a hurry.

Maybe the email was to friendly....   :(
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2009, 13:04

Could it be true ? Is there finally white smoke ?

Just received an answere to my repeated request for an update...

This is what it says :
"My apologies, I’ve been tracking the delivery which is headed here so that we can forward this on to you.  The courier system inform me that it should in fact be here, so I’ve just got our Post/Security guys checking what they’ve signed in.  As it’s late on a Friday afternoon (and I know they’re busy today), I’m not sure if they’ll get back to me in the next 1.5 hours before they go home – but I hope to finally be able to give you some good news next week."

And now I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next week....

:O  :O
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 11 2009, 20:10

Just got my compesation tee today,the size and the model I've requested.

And nobody from Mercury/Bandstores has got in touch with me about the signed box lately  :(

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2009, 12:33

I know things are slowly coming together but I would recommend getting in touch with BBC 'Watchdog' if nothing happens within a week - they would love to tackle this.

Unbelieveable  :(  

I'm glad I got mine someplace else.

BBC - Watchdog
Profile PM 
Atane Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2009, 12:25

Just received this email today...20 days after complaining of the fingerprints and scratches on the replacement LP I received:

''Hi there

Sorry to hear about the second vinyl being damaged too. I've been told Mercury are going to press new discs for those affected. I've added your details to the list to get replacements.

I understand Mercury are very sorry that such poor quality discs were used in this box set.

Regards
Ant
''

:zzz:
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2009, 12:15

Goodness only knows when Universal/Mercury are planning on offering replacement vinyls for the many, many poor quality/damaged ones that are in the UEs. They don't seem to be interested in contacting anyone directly and Bandstores aren't exactly bothered about keeping everyone informed either.
TBH, I've given up asking about it now since they just don't seem to care: the typical response is one of "well Mercury may be planning on doing x, y, z, but we don't know when..."  Yeah, and they're not too worried about finding out in order to make sure customers aren't just left dangling. Meanwhile, Universal/Mercury have completely ignored my carefully worded letter of complaint.  This has been a painful lesson and I won't forget it in future - to never again be seduced by 'exclusive' limited edition products that appear (at face value) to be:
(a) overpriced and (b) 'only available' through a special website - of dubious reliability.
Caveat emptor.  :(

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 16 2009, 20:54

I'm moving to England in 18 days,let's see if things will change soon regarding this mexican soap-opera.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Sep. 20 2009, 16:34

<Tumbleweed rolls past in a nonchalant fashion...>

:zzz:

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 20 2009, 16:47

Gosh,more than 3 months and NOTHING?

People at Mercury/Universal think we're fools :(

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
405 replies since June 25 2009, 14:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) < ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net