[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (21) < ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition problems< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
HRFanUSA Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 22 2009, 05:09

Hi folks,

Although Bandstores was kind enough to send me a replacement box set (minus the certificate, which was fine in my first damaged box,) I haven't brought up the issue with the vinyl pressings (both of mine have fingerprints and scratches as well.)

I'm trying to be content with the vinyls as I ended up with duplicates on all else, but I DO feel Mercury/Universal SHOULD send every registered buyer of the UE a replacement LP (without the CD pockets) IF and WHEN suitable error-free copies are repressed. It would be a GOODWILL measure that would greatly restore faith with us dedicated fans, especially considering the huge amount of rereleases the company will be offering in the coming months.

Mercury/Universal should take heed of all these problems right from the start and realize their actions NOW will without a doubt impact the success of ALL their future MO releases!

For those of you who haven't received your initial UE signed boxes, I expect you'll "eventually" receive something better, like a signed book, etc... though it must be maddening to wait so long!
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 22 2009, 05:56

Quote (Reena @ July 22 2009, 09:34)
Antz has replied to me that he asked Mercury once again for a definite answer !

Ofcourse that means that now we have to wait once more before we hear the answer from Mercury.
:zzz:

Yes, I pretty much got the same response along with some bluster about "not knowing the inside scoop" with Mercury (and not being too concerned to find out either...)

Oh well, if Mercury can't be arsed to contact me directly then the letter I've already prepared will be in the post ASAP. Still I didn't really expect anything more at this stage - I think Bandstores hands are probably tied  :/

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 22 2009, 06:12

Quote (HRFanUSA @ July 22 2009, 10:09)
Hi folks,

Although Bandstores was kind enough to send me a replacement box set (minus the certificate, which was fine in my first damaged box,) I haven't brought up the issue with the vinyl pressings (both of mine have fingerprints and scratches as well.)

I'm trying to be content with the vinyls as I ended up with duplicates on all else, but I DO feel Mercury/Universal SHOULD send every registered buyer of the UE a replacement LP (without the CD pockets) IF and WHEN suitable error-free copies are repressed. It would be a GOODWILL measure that would greatly restore faith with us dedicated fans, especially considering the huge amount of rereleases the company will be offering in the coming months.

Mercury/Universal should take heed of all these problems right from the start and realize their actions NOW will without a doubt impact the success of ALL their future MO releases!

For those of you who haven't received your initial UE signed boxes, I expect you'll "eventually" receive something better, like a signed book, etc... though it must be maddening to wait so long!

Entirely agree.  Although tbh at this point I think they need to do a bit more than that to restore my confidence to the extent that I would consider buying any future collectors sets from the official outlet. Allowing this to drag on as long as it has, both with the missing sets and the damaged vinyls, without any direct contact from the supplier is inexcusable IMO.

Perhaps they will eventually 'solve' the issues to everyone's satisfaction but that's going to be quite an undertaking, especially for those who still haven't received the sets in any shape or form as of yet!  Maybe they should commission a special fan concert for Reena and Tati and everyone else - a nice private soiree with Mike on guitar, a few drinks and nibbles etc.  I'm sure that would make up for it!  ;)  :D
(And I'm only half joking at this point  :p )

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 22 2009, 06:32

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ July 22 2009, 06:12)
Perhaps they will eventually 'solve' the issues to everyone's satisfaction but that's going to be quite an undertaking, especially for those who still haven't received the sets in any shape or form as of yet!  Maybe they should commission a special fan concert for Reena and Tati and everyone else - a nice private soiree with Mike on guitar, a few drinks and nibbles etc.  I'm sure that would make up for it!  ;)  :D

Well, I'd settle for that, but hopefully in that case the tickets to the Bahamas will be included... Don't have the money ( EUR 1.100,-- from Amsterdam to Bimini ) at this stage for that myself, it has partly been consumed by ordering an UE Boxset....   ;)
Profile PM 
HRFanUSA Offline

Posted: July 22 2009, 08:01

I can't help but feel a bit sorry for Bandstores as they are only a distributor in this inexcuseable situation. They have no control over what they've received to ship to buyers (although they did do a horrible job with their flimsy packaging, which I know they're doing their best to correct.)

They have no control over the 50 missing signed copies or the condition of the vinyl, yet I believe they are doing their best to fix the problems resulting from their end.

The lingering issue here, as many have stated, stems from Mercury/Universal, who I hope by this point has taken serious notice.

There are over 2800+ members on this forum and I have no doubt most of the 500 who, having good faith and ordered the UE box for the very inflated price tag, are registered here. I can't think of a better and more accurate way for Mercury/Universal to gage the response to their "first" MO rerelease than to read these threads! If they aren't, then they either don't really give a crap or their ignorant, IMO. If I was the president of Mercury/Universal, I'd be yanking on the chain all the way down the line to see who's responsible for the screw-ups, and I'd certainly tell my team, "Enough farting around people - let's fix these problems and make these people happy as fast as we can or else we're wasting our time and resources picking up the rights to Oldfield's work!"

At the very least, IMO, they should be taking the time to send personal emails or post on this forum that they admit there are problems and that they have every intention of correcting them...
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 22 2009, 09:11

Quote (Reena @ July 22 2009, 07:32)
Quote (tubular_trekkie @ July 22 2009, 06:12)

Well, I'd settle for that, but hopefully in that case the tickets to the Bahamas will be included... Don't have the money ( EUR 1.100,-- from Amsterdam to Bimini ) at this stage for that myself, it has partly been consumed by ordering an UE Boxset....   ;)

All of my savings are on stand-by mode to be used if I'll start  my MSc Biotechnology in England later this year...still waiting for an answer,crossing fingers here. If they offer me a chance to meet Mike in person as some sort of compesation,hummm....

I have Supertramp's Breakfast in America LP from Back to Black series,and its vinyl quality is superb.Dunno why the TB UE vinyl looks like an old and bad used LP.

Been a bit busy nowadays with my uncle and cousin here,and I need to find time to write again to Bandstores,about the UE box plus the black tee I've ordered...no sign of it yet,as well as the other tee they've promissed to send me as compesation.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 24 2009, 10:15

Well, don't suppose you guys and girls have heard anything else for the last three days, have you ?  :(
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 24 2009, 15:00

Received an email by Antz, director of Bandstores. Tee has been shipped out today.

Next to that he mentions that they are doing everything in their power to get the Signed Box to me asap... Hopefully within the next few weeks ( !!!!! ).

As Antz is at least answering, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt ....

Mercury/Universal however haven't done anything in my opinion sofar, and therefore I have summoned them by a formal complaint via email to take appropriate action and give me a satisfying answer by themselves, or through Bandstores within 5 days regarding the date that the Signed Box will come my way.

I also mentioned in that formal complaint that there might be others as well, at least one person I know of ( Tati ), and wrote that for details on that Mercury/Universal can get in touch with Bandstores.

I am really getting fed up with all of this.

If my boss would find out that I was doing such a horrible job on making up for a major screw up, by screwing that up as well, I would be sacked right away. It's a disgrace.

:(  :(  :(  :(  
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 24 2009, 15:16

My letter of complaint to Mercury is in the post. There's been no further updates from Bandstores since the 21st (and that email didn't provide anything definite in any case.)

Very tired of it all now. I can't imagine how annoyed and frustrated those of you still waiting for anything at all to be sent to you must be feeling.

I hope Universal/Mercury don't bother with any more of these overpriced collector's sets for any of the other releases if this is typical of their customer service and general business strategy.  A simple repack with a few rare bonus tracks will do and forget all the faffing about with (scratched) vinyls and silly TB plectrums and what have you!  It was a nice idea in theory - too bad the 'execution' was lousy...

--------------

Profile PM 

Posted: July 24 2009, 21:04

Quote (Reena @ July 24 2009, 16:00)
Received an email by Antz, director of Bandstores. Tee has been shipped out today.

Mercury/Universal however haven't done anything in my opinion sofar, and therefore I have summoned them by a formal complaint via email to take appropriate action and give me a satisfying answer by themselves, or through Bandstores within 5 days regarding the date that the Signed Box will come my way.

I also mentioned in that formal complaint that there might be others as well, at least one person I know of ( Tati ), and wrote that for details on that Mercury/Universal can get in touch with Bandstores.

I am really getting fed up with all of this.

Got this very same mail too,hope to see my black tubular tee here asap(as well as the other compesation tee).

@Reena
How did you do to send your complaint to Mercury/Universal?

Gosh,I'm also getting fed up with the whole story,but I'm not going to give up until the end. Quoting Gene Kranz(flight director on Apollo 13's mission):"failure is not an option."

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 25 2009, 01:45

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ July 24 2009, 21:04)
Got this very same mail too,hope to see my black tubular tee here asap(as well as the other compesation tee).

@Reena
How did you do to send your complaint to Mercury/Universal?

Gosh,I'm also getting fed up with the whole story,but I'm not going to give up until the end. Quoting Gene Kranz(flight director on Apollo 13's mission):"failure is not an option."

@Tati

I googled a bit, came upon an emailadress ( communications@umusic.com ) and sent it.

Hope it is not too much to expect that they will send it to the responsible people, as I was clear in the subject that it was a FORMAL COMPLAINT.  

Now I'll wait and see.

It might be wise to send one too, that might make more impact...

I'm very simple with this. I 'm entitled to get my order, and will not settle for less. So even if I have to move heaven and earth ( as we say here in Holland ) to get it, then I will....
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 25 2009, 02:02

Quote (Korgscrew @ July 13 2009, 08:53)
We're in constant communication with Universal.

Korgscrew - If that's the case, could you advise or confirm to whom these good people should be directing their complaints to at Universal.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 25 2009, 05:15

Quote (wiga @ July 25 2009, 07:02)
Quote (Korgscrew @ July 13 2009, 08:53)
We're in constant communication with Universal.

Korgscrew - If that's the case, could you advise or confirm to whom these good people should be directing their complaints to at Universal.

Yes, that might be helpful. TBH, I had a job finding a relevant email address to which I could send any complaint. Instead I managed to find the address of Mercury (and Universal) Records in London - I figured that would be as good a place as any to send a formal complaint.

--------------

Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: July 25 2009, 06:28

This is really a sad case of greed and arrogance boiled together in a pot of stupidity.
I feel very sorry for the treatment the record company have shown those MO's true fans who - without a blink - went ahead a bought this release.

Maybe the record company KNOW they can get away with it, because they KNOW that "die hard fans" are gonna buy a eventually forthcoming release no matter what.

I'm not interested in this re-re-re-re release of TB but I really hope with any forthcoming release that the fans just download the album illegally from the bittorrents sites and tell the record company to go fuck them selfs - I really do.
MO should also be interested in sorting this shit out and demand that people are getting what they have ordered, otherwise his credibility is on the line too.

Ridiculous treatment of customers, fans.
You greedy arrogant fuckers who released these packages won't get a dollar, not even a cent from me.  :/

Edit:  AND I can assure you that if anything similar is going to happen with next release,
I'm not only NOT going to buy any forthcoming release, but I'm also gonna put it on every torrents sites, p2p and free files hosting places I can think of, so people everywhere can download for free and without the hazzle, then you (Mercury,distributor, Mike Oldfield) can kiss your green shit goodbye.
This is not at threat, but a promise..
Bassman Offline

Posted: July 25 2009, 16:52

Couldn't have said it better, Prisoner (except maybe to leave out the f-bombs...  :laugh: -even though they are entirely justified).

I wouldn't be surprised if history remembers this as one of the greatest fumbles (deliberate or accidental) of any record company's product.  (And no, I don't really want to hear any other examples because this one is discouraging enough.)

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 

Posted: July 25 2009, 17:26

Quote (prisoner.of.the.dark.sky @ July 25 2009, 07:28)
MO should also be interested in sorting this shit out and demand that people are getting what they have ordered, otherwise his credibility is on the line too.

Ridiculous treatment of customers, fans.

Strangely enough,it seems that Mike is not aware of all of those inccidents,which is a pity.

Okidoki,he's not much into fan contact,but I do hope that this time,he would change his mind and try to do something on this whole case.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 26 2009, 02:51

Yeah, thank God for Prisoner and his trousers to tell it as it is.

--------------
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 26 2009, 04:40

Well, ofcourse I'd like to be a knight in shining armour as well, fighting the dark forces in musicland....  Doesn't anyone like to make a difference once and a while ?

But I also realize that with that job might not come as much result in real life as one might think or hope, and it certainly won't help me get my hands on the signed UE I ordered.....  

So I'm just shaking the tree as much as I personally can to get what it was all about in the first place, and that's getting a nice topping on the cake (which is my collection)....  :/
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 26 2009, 05:15

You're doing a good job Reena! - keep persevering.

Tati - I think Mike Oldfield will be aware of the situation, not because he's tuned into the fans as such, but because he's part responsible for the business side. It would also be in his interests to know about the vinyl problems.

--------------
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 26 2009, 07:33

I don't intend to give up with this issue until it's resolved, either.  More than anything else I'm annoyed at the complete indifference about the problem. Okay, it's not Bandstores fault if the vinyls are crap and it's not their fault if they don't have the UEs at the moment to send, but what's being done about it eh? Bugger all from what I can make out. We're all just 'waiting' for Universal/Mercury to sort it out in their own sweet time.  They've had everyone's money since May, but that's fine and dandy (for them, of course); but the customers are just supposed to be patient and see what transpires  :(   I don't somehow think they'd accept the reverse situation - we get the product first and keep them waiting for two months for the payment - do you?

Disgraceful and fraudulent IMO  :/

--------------

Profile PM 
405 replies since June 25 2009, 14:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) < ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net