Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (21) < ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition problems< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 10 2009, 11:15

Ha,another email I've just got from Bandstores...

You are receiving this further email update as one of the customers who ordered copies of the Tubular Bells signed Ultimate Box Set in May (Order ID XXXXXXXXX) and is still waiting for your copy or copies to be delivered.

As we said in our last email we our still doing our best to get the outstanding box sets to you as quickly as possible. We have been told that we should be expecting some definite news from Mercury very shortly.

In one of our previous messages we offered you a t-shirt as some consolation for having to wait for your set. I would be grateful if you could drop tub_bells_tees@bandstores.co.uk a message with what size t-shirt you would like us to send. We'll then get it sorted for you. As you have waited so long for your order I have to offer you to opportunity to have a refund instead of your box set. If you would like a refund please email the customer service team - customerservices@bandstores.co.uk - and they will sort that out for you. Please don't take this as an indication that you won't be getting your box set, just that we have a legal obligation to give you that option.

Again thanks for bearing with us. We hope to have some positive news for you in the very near future.

Regards

Antz White
Director
Bandstores

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
leesonar Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2009, 11:29

Just had the same email as you Tati, just have some faith and I think people will be hearing from Universal Music via bandstores soon, to a favourable outcome of this unhappy situation, i sincerely hope.  :D
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2009, 13:16

Same here, and I think the end of this journey is in sight...
Profile PM 
Amadan Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2009, 14:19

got the same mail...

--------------
Mine Mine Mine
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2009, 02:33

........  :zzz:
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2009, 10:51

Quote (Reena @ Aug. 12 2009, 07:33)
........  :zzz:

Indeed. Can't really add to that...

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2009, 02:54

Clock is still ticking....

@Korgscrew : any news from Mercury/CID yet ?

How many days does one need to look into the problems ?
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 14 2009, 09:24

You can still buy on Amazon.co.uk the non-signed Ultimate Edition,and I've been asking myself why our signed Ultimate Edition is taking too long to arrive in our homes...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2009, 09:42

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Aug. 14 2009, 15:24)
You can still buy on Amazon.co.uk the non-signed Ultimate Edition,and I've been asking myself why our signed Ultimate Edition is taking too long to arrive in our homes...

You can buy them in lots of places still, and I think the problem lies in the word "signed"....

There aren't any left, and now they are figuring out how to solve that. That's not so easy, because if all 500 initially signed and numbered UE's have been shipped out and delivered already, they cannot solve this with a certificate.... Then Mike has to be contacted and asked to sign some UE's personally or we are going to be told that the only solution is that we will get an unsigned and some additional compensation...  

Besides that issue, they also have the problem with the vinyl... That might become an expensive problem to them if they have to make replacements for all the vinyls that have been shipped out...  

I think it is fair that solving the issues will take some time, but I don't think that it's normal that it's taking them so incredibly long to communicate the way that it is going to be solved....
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 14 2009, 10:18

We all know that the only difference between the signed and the non-signed UE is the certificate,so they can't blame on the fact there's no non-signed UE to get and make it a signed-UE with the certificate...or with something else to compesate the long wait. Of course,the vinyl issue is also important,after all that complaints about damages.

Quote (Reena @ Aug. 14 2009, 10:42)
...or we are going to be told that the only solution is that we will get an unsigned and some additional compensation...  

That would be a breach on the contract,since I bought a signed-UE,not a non-signed one and they add something else which wasn't signed by Mike at all...

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2009, 10:36

Well Universal/Mercury have had just over a week now to allow those important folks to come back from their hols, so where's the update?

Call me cynical, but I think TPTB are still hoping the problems are just going to go away, i.e. people will just get fed up with waiting and ask for a refund and/or generally give up on complaining about the situation.  Personally I'm still not happy about the issues with the poor quality vinyl, especially considering the price of the set and the fact that no apology or proper replacement has yet been forthcoming from Mercury Records.  I'm therefore going to be like a dog with a bone on this; I'll just keep on persisting with it until I get some comeback.

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2009, 10:45

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Aug. 14 2009, 16:18)
We all know that the only difference between the signed and the non-signed UE is the certificate,so they can't blame on the fact there's no non-signed UE to get and make it a signed-UE with the certificate...or with something else to compesate the long wait. Of course,the vinyl issue is also important,after all that complaints about damages.

...or we are going to be told that the only solution is that we will get an unsigned and some additional compensation...  

That would be a breach on the contract,since I bought a signed-UE,not a non-signed one and they add something else which wasn't signed by Mike at all...

Yep, you are right on that, but if all certificates are already gone, they can't make anymore because there were never going to be more than 500 certificates....

I was merely ventilating my opninion about what the actual situation is that they are facing. If they are going to tell us that they cannot come up with signed UE's and they want to offer something else, I will decide if I am going to agree when I hear what that something else is going to be...

But to be honest, I don't think I will agree with that as I ordered a box signed by Mike like you in the first place....
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 14 2009, 18:46

Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 14 2009, 19:00

Quote (Reena @ Aug. 14 2009, 11:45)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Aug. 14 2009, 16:18)

Yep, you are right on that, but if all certificates are already gone, they can't make anymore because there were never going to be more than 500 certificates....

I was merely ventilating my opninion about what the actual situation is that they are facing. If they are going to tell us that they cannot come up with signed UE's and they want to offer something else, I will decide if I am going to agree when I hear what that something else is going to be...

But to be honest, I don't think I will agree with that as I ordered a box signed by Mike like you in the first place....

Certificates don't count anymore to me(they won't make a few more - another breach on the contract,since 500 + x certificates would have been printed and signed).

To make a proper signed UE for those who're still waiting,is it so hard to ask Mike to sign on the 60-page booklet(on the foreword) that comes with the box?

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 15 2009, 06:29

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Aug. 14 2009, 14:18)

It would be if they just sent you one without asking, it wouldn't if they offered you that as an alternative and asked whether you'd prefer that or a refund.

At the end of the week before last, it was looking like they'd got the certificate problem sorted - one person was told that a replacement certificate had been signed and the set would be sent out as soon as it arrived in their offices. I assumed that an official statement would follow that (including an explanation of creating 'replacement' certificates doesn't constitute fraud - presumably it means that some were destroyed). Their silence really doesn't help them look good...
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2009, 07:07

Quote (Korgscrew @ Aug. 15 2009, 11:29)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Aug. 14 2009, 14:18)

It would be if they just sent you one without asking, it wouldn't if they offered you that as an alternative and asked whether you'd prefer that or a refund.

At the end of the week before last, it was looking like they'd got the certificate problem sorted - one person was told that a replacement certificate had been signed and the set would be sent out as soon as it arrived in their offices. I assumed that an official statement would follow that (including an explanation of creating 'replacement' certificates doesn't constitute fraud - presumably it means that some were destroyed). Their silence really doesn't help them look good...

Really? 'A replacement certificate' signed because some had been destroyed?  Why would that be?  There's not yet been an acknowledgement that some sets were sent to Amazon, has there? And we KNOW that that's what happened!  It still looks very fishy to me  :/

And then there's still the issue with the poor quality vinyls...

(BTW Korgscrew, I'm not directing any anger at you personally, I'm just exasperated by the whole situation.)

--------------

Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 15 2009, 10:15

Replacement certificates = 500 + x certificates(IMHO). How do they know which are the missing certificates' numbers?

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Opus 1 Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2009, 14:32

Hmm not saying I'm right by any means but what this sounds like to me is that they are finding the numbers of the ones that were sent elsewhere (such as amazon) and re-doing them. If this is so then this poses a big problem.
One: There will be duplicates of certain numbered certificates (unless they have contacted every person who has bought an unsigned box and received a signed one, and reclaimed the box set off them - IMO highly doubtful. And even if they have, it will still be a problem because it will be second hand)
Two: Each set will be devalued as there are now more than 500, thus they are more common than they were and worth less than they originally were.
Three: Every customer who has purchased a signed and numbered box set has effectively been ripped off because they have already bought this expensive set, which was advertised and sold as being an exclusive amount of 500. In which case it has been falsely advertised and every customer then deserves their money back, or some form of compensation because they have paid for a falsely advertised product.

Maybe I've just got the wrong end of the stick on this but to me it doesn't seem right...if I'm wrong about anything I've said then please somebody let me know  :laugh:
Regards,
Mark

--------------
The mark of a skilled musician is to be able to play one note and mean it, not play zillions of notes and not mean it.

(www.myspace.com/markmonaghan)
Profile PM WEB 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2009, 18:05

in http://wiki.oldfield.es/M%C3%A1s_cosas  there is only 80 known signed boxes that fans have received...where is rest 420 fans who received it also? they would had needed to be somewhat active in community to order their box that was sold out in little over 12 hours.

80 boxes are listed and probably 20 is here that have box received but havent listed their number so maybe around 100 boxes is known to be received.

they probably going to make numbers that are not listed in list lol

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2009, 17:20

Back on page 6 of this topic I said “even as a casual member on this site I have considered Tati as one of Mike's biggest fans - for this to happen to her is simply not fair.”

So here we are nearly on page 14 and still Tati and other fans haven’t got their product.   Mike knows Star Trek well.  Imagine this equivalent happening to a Star Trek fan?  By now there would be such a fuss things would be sorted out.  

I really think Mike himself needs to intervene in this mess.  These are his premier fans who respect and love him.  Come on Mike!!
Profile PM 
405 replies since June 25 2009, 14:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) < ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net