Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (21) < ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition problems< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 31 2009, 16:03

Here's a list of some fans who have their signed boxes,as well as those who haven't recieved yet:

http://wiki.oldfield.es/M%C3%A1s_cosas

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 02 2009, 18:44

Here I am...

Not much to update on, unfortunately. We've been promised a response from Universal about the most pressing issues (supply delays, vinyl damage, the Amazon issue) in just over a week's time, once the relevant people are back from holiday.

I think it's been made clear enough to them what's going to happen if they don't treat it as an urgent matter, so...on their heads be it...
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2009, 14:23

Is that what they're telling you - that the relevent people are on holiday :laugh: . There're buggars aren't they!!

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2009, 14:59

Quote (wiga @ Aug. 03 2009, 20:23)
Is that what they're telling you - that the relevent people are on holiday :laugh: . There're buggars aren't they!!

Yep, the entire department responsible for stock delivery to their retailers is closed right now, everyone with some influence or power to do something has been so stressed out by the release of the UE that they all needed a holiday at once very badly... And now there is nobody left there to do anything about the problems...

Let me guess.... They are on vacation for about 1,5 months now....
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2009, 15:04

Hmm. 'The relevant people' haven't been on holiday for the best part of two months though, surely?  Perhaps they're just trying to buy themselves more time to sort things out...

Ah well, another week at this stage is neither here nor there I guess.

Edited to add: Reena has beaten me to the punch on this!  :)
Credulity will only stretch so far in any case, dontcha think  ;)

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2009, 15:11

Well, if you and me were thinking the same about it, I wouldn't be surprised there were a lot more here thinking the same...

Pretty cool bunch we all are, aren't we ?  :cool:
Profile PM 
Elf Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2009, 03:37

Quote (Reena @ July 31 2009, 13:34)
Besides Tati and me, are there any more people waiting for their Signed Box ? Somewhere in this thread I read something about "ten people", but I don't know if that's the case for real ....

I still haven't received the signed box. Got a blue tubular bells t-shirt yesterday. The letter included stated that they sent me the t-shirt I ordered so I didn't have to wait for that as well.

Excuse me? Didn't I receive an email from them telling me that I would get a free t-shirt?

I'm seriously close to cancelling my order and demand my money back. Has anyone here done that?
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2009, 05:28

Quote (Elf @ Aug. 05 2009, 09:37)
Quote (Reena @ July 31 2009, 13:34)
Besides Tati and me, are there any more people waiting for their Signed Box ? Somewhere in this thread I read something about "ten people", but I don't know if that's the case for real ....

I still haven't received the signed box. Got a blue tubular bells t-shirt yesterday. The letter included stated that they sent me the t-shirt I ordered so I didn't have to wait for that as well.

Excuse me? Didn't I receive an email from them telling me that I would get a free t-shirt?

I'm seriously close to cancelling my order and demand my money back. Has anyone here done that?

No, not as far as I know... It might be wishful thinking that we will get our orders still, but on the other hand we haven't had the message either that we won't get anything at all.

There are people here suggesting that the people that did not receive their signed UE yet, might end up with something even better...

Ofcourse you can cancel your order, and buy an unsigned UE on Amazon ( who knows, maybe you'll end up with a signed edition anyway  ;) ), but we are still putting up a fight to get what we paid for.

That includes formal complaints here and there, although at Mercury they do not seem too worried about a few dissatisfied customers more...
Profile PM 
Elf Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2009, 08:26

Quote (Reena @ Aug. 05 2009, 05:28)
That includes formal complaints here and there, although at Mercury they do not seem too worried about a few dissatisfied customers more...

Well, Mercury really isn't the problem here. Bandstores is.

They actually sold an item that they still didn't have in stock. This is nothing more than amateurish business behaviour. You can't sell what you don't have.

And now they are trying to put the blame on a third party. Convenient, since we can't verify Bandstores claims.

I'll give it a few more weeks then.
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2009, 10:58

Quote (Elf @ Aug. 05 2009, 13:26)
Quote (Reena @ Aug. 05 2009, 05:28)

They actually sold an item that they still didn't have in stock. This is nothing more than amateurish business behaviour. You can't sell what you don't have.

And now they are trying to put the blame on a third party. Convenient, since we can't verify Bandstores claims.

Yes, that's a distinct possibility I suppose.

But that's the trouble with not actually knowing what's going on - we still don't really know who's to blame for this missing sets problem.  I agree that Bandstores have handled it poorly and/or have been unwilling to seriously pursue the issue, but where the buck finally stops who knows?  

It would also seem that Bandstores still seem to be operating under the assumption that the remaining signed UEs are still going to be forthcoming from Mercury.  But is that true, I wonder?  Are there any more signed sets or have the original 500 all been shipped out (some mistakenly to Amazon it would appear)?

Personally, I still think someone, somewhere along the line is trying to 'cover up' this blunder and by so doing, the true situation (there are no more signed sets available) is not reaching the interface with the customer - i.e. Bandstores.

In any case, if something doesn't get sorted out soon, those of you still waiting will face a choice: ask for a refund or instigate legal proceedings.  I think they'd be more than happy for you to choose the former - since that lets them off the hook, rather than the latter - which means they'll need to provide a possibly non-existent product(! ) or adequate compensation in its absence. I don't know what you will all decide, but I hope some of you will stand firm and not allow them to get away with this almighty ****-up.  :(

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2009, 11:24

hope the probs get sorted. think this is why I just dont have many cds or would bother getting a collection.  I suppose its nice to have something thats updated and a little bit different. but to me for instance with the Tubular Bells epic, the LP and cassette is enough for me.  I dont need to hear it repeatedly in different formats to know its good.
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2009, 13:09

Quote (Elf @ Aug. 05 2009, 14:26)

That's what I am doing anyway...

And I am not really sure if Bandstores is to blame... What if the contract that they have with Mercury actually states that Bandstores are to be the only supplier with signed editions ?

And then try to imagine what Bandstores can do against it when it didn't work out that way ? Legally Bandstores probably can hold their ground, and ask for compensation in that case, and insist that Mercury should solve all problems. But what if Bandstores would cause Mercury too much trouble ( as far as Mercury is concerned...) ? I'd say Bandstores could kiss future releases by Universal goodbye....  And that might be the reason why this is taking so long.

But that's only a wild guess, I have to admit....
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2009, 15:51

Just got my tubular black tee today(took a week to arrive),and I got also an letter from Antz,with all we've already known about the signed TB UE.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 05 2009, 20:22

Quote (wiga @ Aug. 03 2009, 18:23)

;)

To be fair, I probably gave the wrong impression there - a specific person was mentioned, someone quite high up in the food chain. Still, like tubular_trekkie said...that would have to be a very long holiday for that to be the only reason for the delay...

Anyway, it seems like said person is at least across the problem and working on it, if not in the office to discuss things face to face. A resolution appears to be in sight for at least some of this and I think they've got the message that they're upsetting a lot of people with this (and that all hell's about to break loose...)...with any luck, they'll come up with an appropriate way of saying sorry. Anyway, I'll try and get some more solid information on all that. Whether we'll hear anything before next week, we'll just have to see...
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2009, 05:42

I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you. ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2009, 07:06

Updated news: a spanish guy received his signed box on Monday August 3rd, number 44, so keep the faith!! Although this delay seems incredible, at least there is hope that they are still sending the boxes!!
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2009, 09:52

Quote (Nacho @ Aug. 06 2009, 13:06)
Updated news: a spanish guy received his signed box on Monday August 3rd, number 44, so keep the faith!! Although this delay seems incredible, at least there is hope that they are still sending the boxes!!

It not only seems incredible, it is....

Did this guy receive an email (as some of us did ) earlier that his order hadn't been dispatched yet ? Or was this box just traveling over the world all the time since June 10th ( or so... ) ?
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2009, 18:17

Quote (Silver Negus @ Aug. 05 2009, 15:24)
hope the probs get sorted. think this is why I just dont have many cds or would bother getting a collection.  I suppose its nice to have something thats updated and a little bit different. but to me for instance with the Tubular Bells epic, the LP and cassette is enough for me.  I dont need to hear it repeatedly in different formats to know its good.

I agree, says me with 3 different pressings of the LP, and the Quad version, not to mention the Boxed spoken Sailor's Hornpipe.  I had to go and buy the CD so that I could play Tubular Bells in the car, and I've a turntable, but need a phono stage to amplify the music, as there isn't a phono socket on my amplifier.

I think this boils down to money, or lack of it.  I might part with the cash if I had it just to add to my collection.  I do enjoy the '09 remix of MO's single, but it's alot to pay out for an alternative version.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2009, 02:39

Well, the new week has begun..... As far as I could make up from Korgies updates, the relevant person should be back from his holidays....

My expectations are high, and I hope to hear of the bigger solution, and see the orders being sent out to all the people with complaints !

:D
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2009, 05:01

Yes, the week of reckoning is finally here - your patience and endurance - Reena, Tati and Elf has hopefully payed off.

We all watch now and await with bated breath...

--------------
Profile PM 
405 replies since June 25 2009, 14:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) < ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net