Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells-The Complete, An idea< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Hoot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 03 2006, 14:02

Hey what do you think of my cover for a Tubular Bells-Complete Collection!(if it ever came out)
Hope You like it, if you do there'll be more :)

Use it if u want but email me or something to tell me!(or just tell me on the forum)

By the way how do you place image so that you dont have to make a link like I have?

--------------
"And God said: Let There Be Light"
-Genisis,The Bible
(alternatively-The Songs Of Distant Earth,In The Begining)
Profile PM WEB 
DarkFeline Offline

Posted: July 03 2006, 05:38

A stunning cover I must say! :D

Btw, you can just attach the pic to the post and it'll show the pic as well as a thumbnail of it. :)

--------------
Who's your mummy, where she go?
Profile PM WEB 
Hoot Offline

Posted: July 03 2006, 14:04

i never even paid the slightest bit of attention to the attacment thing.......thanks for pointing it out and also the comment on the cover! :p

--------------
-Genisis,The Bible
Profile PM WEB 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: July 03 2006, 15:04

Quote (Hoot @ June 03 2006, 14:02)
Hey what do you think of my cover for a Tubular Bells-Complete Collection!(if it ever came out)
Hope You like it, if you do there'll be more :)

I look forward to the release of this sometime in 2058. It will include:

"Tubular Bells" (1)
"The Orchestral Tubular Bells"
"Tubular Bells 2"
"Tubular Bells 3"
"The Millenium Bell"
"The Best of "Tubular Bells" "
"Tubular Bells 2003"
"The Second-Best of "Tubular Bells"
"Tubul Arrrr Bells" - The Pirates Mix.
"Tubular Belle's" (Tracy Sings ! )
"The Taco Bell" (from when Mike aggressively pursues commercial contracts)
"The Tubular Pachelbel Taco Bell" - with canon, indeed!
"Tubular Bells 4"
"Tubular Bells 2010" featuring MC Roy Scheider
"Tubular Bells 2 - 2" (the previously-mentioned sequel to TB2)
"Tubular Bells 5"
"The Spice Bells" - made when Richard Branson discovers that he has contractual rights to have other artists record and release new TB works on the Virgin label regardless of what Mike Oldfield thinks.
"The Making of Tubular Bells 5" (consisting of nothing but a 45-second video clip of Mike unpacking his new Omnisynth 2000, plugging it into the wall, and then pressing the "Start" button and sitting back while the Omnisynth composes, records and masters the entire TB5 album)
"The Beast of Tubular Bells" - acapella, nothing but the Piltdown Man singing it all. A rather drunken Kelsey Grammer does the vocal honors.
"Tubular Bells 6" - This one is really just a re-release of "Amarok", done to satisfy the age-old question: "Would Amarok have sold if it was given a Tubular Bells name?"
"Tubular Bells 7" (including all the beloved MC Gilbert Gottfried and MC Dakota Fanning mixes).
"Tubular Bells 8". From 2055. It shows that senility has finally caught up with Mike Oldfield. This goes on sale before someone realises that Mike forgot to include any bells in the sound mix at all.
"Tubular Bells 1" - Re-released without "Sailor's Hornpipe" due to copyright considerations after Disney-Warner acquires the copyrights to all traditional folk tunes.
"The Millenery Bell" - By the time this comes out, Mike Oldfield is as mad as a hatter. A version of this is simultaneously released on "Hatter's Platters"

All available on a boxed set of 18 Sony blue-ray mega-DVD's. This will be the last major release of the twilight period of Oldfield's monumental career, which will end in 2066 when he dies from having a heart attack when someone dares him to see if he can try and play the fast cascading guitar solo from the middle of "Ommadawn", just for old times sake.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Hoot Offline

Posted: July 04 2006, 09:13

funny stuff but he wont die from playing the guitar,hes to good...........he'll die by execution when some ponce asks him in twenty years arent you the guy who wrote the music for the excorcist at which stage mike will finall crack from his lack of recognition even though he is one of the greatest musicians of all time!

--------------
-Genisis,The Bible
Profile PM WEB 
Jammer Offline

Posted: July 04 2006, 15:39

Nice post, Hiawatha. I added some of my own spin-offs.

"The Tubular Hell's Bell" - The Thrash/Outcast section is given its own 20-minute 'part' of Tubular Bells and features Brian Johnson from AC/DC as the Caveman and MC

"Tubular Bells: Songs of Sanctuary" - Another chance to get Miriam Stockley to sing whereby Mike samples a whole 500ms of her on his Fairlight CMI (now powered by a rare hemp burner generator). The rest harks back to the so-called new age 'crossover' style of music that was prevailent in the mid 1990s

"Tubular Clucking Bell" - A limited edition set of mp3s highly coded with gigabytes worth of DRM protection only allowing the listener 20 plays. The exact same form of Tubular Bells 1, 2003 and 2010 but with the then Lord Rowan Atkinson MBE as the MC

"Tubular Bells III 2: The Man in the Rain Returns" - As suspected, the man in the rain was none other than Mike himself. The song on the album 'Man in the Rain 2' is about his senility, but has exactly the same backing as Moonlight Shadow and Man in the Rain 1. Because Mike feels a bit tired, he opts for one completely sampled and badly distorted guitar (actually digitally clipped) to play the solo. The album also gives Mike the long-awaited chance to perform live again, but to keep costs down he has to be the one miming to the voice of his grand-daughter, Hergest Hegerland-Oldfield.
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: July 04 2006, 17:48

Quote (Jammer @ July 04 2006, 15:39)
"Tubular Bells III 2: The Man in the Rain Returns" - As suspected, the man in the rain was none other than Mike himself.

One of the popular club mixes released from this project was "The Rainman in the Rain, Man" featuring MC Dustin Hoffman.

Was the Lord Rowan Atkinson sample used in "Tubular Clucking Bells" from before his long stint as Prime Minister, or after?

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
6 replies since June 03 2006, 14:02 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net