Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells remaster< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MISHIMA Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 31 2000, 11:19

Howdy, this is my first message!

I have the 1983 CD of TB, but am wondering if there is a huge difference in the sound of the newest remaster.

Any opinions?
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2000, 18:34

This is gonna sound kind of odd, but is there any remaster of TB at all?? I've looked at different sites on the web, but they only list remasters of other albums, never TB! odd!

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Archangel Foster Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2000, 19:00

Yes, there is. It's an anniversary edition with a cardboard cover conatining a little book with information about how TB came to be accepted by Virgin etc. I didn't buy it as I like 70s sound better than 90s sound anyway, and I read the infos in a record store, but I guess you can also find them somewhere on the web - they're none too spectacular really. But I can't tell you about the sound.
Profile PM WEB 
rosko Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2000, 03:12

As well as the anniversary edition, there is also the HDCD version which was released along with all the other recent remastered albums. This probably sounds better than the anniversary edition, but I haven't heard either of them myself.

There's also the version in Boxed which is more of a remix than a remaster (has a different balance of the instruments rather than improved sound quality). It also contains the original version of Sailor's Hornpipe with Viv Stanshall's drunken commentary about the Manor.

You can get both the anniversary version and the HDCD version from the Tubular Web store. Just go to front of tubular.net and click "Buy HDCD remastered albums!"
Profile PM 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2000, 04:14

I've got TB HDCD by Tubular Store (very quickly, very well packaged, thanks Olivier !), Regular CD and the Boxed LP edition. I've heard that TBHDCD is the same than Anniversary, but I never listen to this one.

IMHO, TBHDCD is wonderful, sounds are much more .... clear and powerful and deep. I think TB regular CD sounds to 'high' and lack a bit of deepness. True, I didn't think that before I heard Boxed and TBHDCD...
That's true Boxed Edition is more a remixe, but I like it too.
Cheers, GMOVJ

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
MISHIMA Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2000, 08:19

Thanks for the info. I probably will get both the remastered CD and the HDCD just to have them.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Oct. 31 2000, 11:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net