Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells parts 3 and 4, A different perspective< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 07 2003, 14:53

I sometimes catch me wondering, what results would there be if Mike attempted to write the third and fourth parts of Tubular Bells, instead of a rewrite. What do you think it would be like?

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 07 2003, 17:20

Isn't TBIII = part three? :)

And Amarok may have been born from a lenghtening of part four. :)

Joking aside: I think Mike conceived Tubular Bells as an unitarian work. The fact that he splitted it into Part One and Part Two was due more to the limitations of vinyl than to how he saw TB to be. IMHO, if CDs existed in 1973, there'd never have been a TB Part One and a Part Two, but just Tubular Bells. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 07 2003, 22:03

IIRC, it was his original intent to make TB2 into part 3 and 4 of Tublar Bells but he decided to make a new part 1 and 2 instead.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
2 replies since July 07 2003, 14:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net