Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Part 1 (Preview), Take a look inside....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 24 2003, 23:43

Wow! That's it! I knew there was something I was not doing right because it didn't have the same 'feel' as Mike's original. A constant A.....I can't believe it's so simple and I overlooked it. Also, a nice bass ;).

And I also think Dave's piano is much better than mine. The piano sounds on my MT-200, while good and passable, doesn't have that loud-sustain kinda sound that Dave's has. And I never would have known that was a keyboard bass! Nice sound you got out of that.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 25 2003, 01:00

I remembered it wrong, actually - it's an E...well, either works, I suppose  :cool:

I've replaced the note on the example file if anyone cares ;). Same URL as before.
Profile PM 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 25 2003, 05:19

Cool bass! :cool:

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
Dave Parry Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 25 2003, 07:17

Thanks everyone.  I learnt alot from doing it, especially timing, concentration and getting more of a feel for the keys.  Mike's original will always sound best because he is the most passionate about Tubular Bells.  For me, it was a technical exercise.

--------------
Life is confusing
Profile PM WEB 
alter Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 26 2003, 06:04

Hi Brandon,

I am happy that you got the gist out of my comment.

Once I read an interview with Oldfield, in which he said that he does not really follow up anybody's musical pathway and that enables to indulge in his own musical world. I think this is really important and me myself was strongly influenced by him.
(The other day I was listening to a piece that I composed - was realesed a year ago but was made 4 years ago with a Hungarian band - performed with flute, violin, guitar, bass, drums, some folk instruments - titled 'Parallels';)
At the time I was putting this together with my band I had vague ideas about why I gave this title - listening to it nowadays, looking back, I know it - a strong parallelity is there between this music and Oldfield's.
( I actually intend to put it on here with some of my other compositions - so as to stop being just a critic - but I don't have the necessary equipment for it yet.)

On a whole, I think Oldfield's musical world is so unique and capturing that one might find it hard to rephrase his musical sentences and set himself free. But still this latter one is what I can suggest to anyone who is passionately looking for his ways in music.

Best regards,

Profile PM 
24 replies since May 05 2003, 21:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net