[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells part 1 (1/2), Montreux 1981< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 08 2008, 14:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPEt5OTR6Vc
Tubular Bells part 1 (1/2)

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2008, 15:10

Ah, this brings back memories!  I know I've got this on DVD so I can watch it whenever, but seeing it as a Youtube clip takes me back to the beginning when I was just discovering Mike in all his musical glory.  Didn't even know which one of the group he was at the time.  I just remember thinking "F*** me, that guitarist is incredible!"  And then there's one point where it looks like the music's going to break him, and I think he's going to burst into tears.  The emotion, the feeling he seemed to put into every note overwhelmed me, and it's safe to say he had me from that point on.  Of course now I'm older and wiser and slightly less emotional about the whole thing, but back then it was breathtaking to watch.
</nostalgia>
:)
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 19 2008, 03:02

Quote (Ebony @ Mar. 08 2008, 15:10)
there's one point where it looks like the music's going to break him, and I think he's going to burst into tears.

I assumed he was just overcome by exhaustion.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
2 replies since Mar. 08 2008, 14:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net