Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells on itunes, What's this version?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
hiawatha Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 01 2006, 10:17

I was just about to ask a new question about this item, as I discovered it yesterday. It is still being sold on iTunes as Mike's original earlier version of TB.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2006, 05:01

Yes it's strange they bother after the 3 dire reviews on there.  Itunes needs to tighten up on this sort of thing.
Profile PM 
Travellerman Offline

Posted: April 01 2007, 06:12

Quote (Korgscrew @ Mar. 24 2006, 08:47)
One thing that should certainly be addressed is the review which has appeared which says it's probably a demo version. It most certainly isn't. Someone with an iTunes account (I don't use the music store myself) can use the 'report a concern' link at the bottom of it.

...or they could just write a review themselves :/

I think it was me that entered the 'demo' information on the US site when I was living there over a year ago, reason being there were no reviews at all (on the US or in any other iTunes shop) when I saw this being sold and no information provided by iTunes either, zip, zilch, zero, nada, sweet FA. There was nothing on this forum, Wikipedia, or Google and someone I emailed about it (owner of this or another forum / Oldfield site) was clueless, meanwhile it was being downloaded by US fans thinking it was the original version!

I wanted to prevent anyone purchasing what they thought was TB (original) and ending up with this poor 'demo' sounding version. However, it is still interesting as a variant, and as a collector I enjoy hearing 'another take' on things.

I hope this clarifies my entry as it looks a little out of context today. There is more information available now, other reviews and opinions too...still no real input from iTunes though.
Profile PM 
Ethain Offline

Posted: April 01 2007, 06:55

Oh, it is on Wikipedia, but only to say that this is causing troubles in fandom ;)
Profile PM 
Travellerman Offline

Posted: April 01 2007, 14:58

It's there because I put it there.... ;)
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 20:21

Old topic, I know.  But I thought it merited mentioning that I use iTunes once in a while and I've seen that stupid recording in their store for ages.
    As of today it's still there.  As a matter of fact I just tried to write a review warning customers to avoid it (being perfectly polite and respectful), and for some reason the review would not "take".
    Someone at iTunes must be in charge of what reviews get posted, because I have reviewed their products from time to time with no problem until now.
Profile PM 
25 replies since Mar. 17 2006, 02:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net