Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells IV, A Tubular Bells mix from non-TB albums< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TubularBull Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 17 2007, 08:13

The idea behind the mix is to make a new Tubular Bells album by using fragments from Mike Oldfield’s non-Tubular Bells work. I have tried to make the structure of the album similar to Tubular Bells I and II, by using corresponding moods and styles of music.

"Tubular Bells IV" is made up of fragments from 14 different albums, including a small part from TBII and a sample from TBIII.
I hope you will enjoy the mix, and will give me some comments on it. Happy listening!

Edit: 23. march 2017: New download links added:
Tubular Bells IV, part 1 : 20:13
Tubular Bells IV, part 2 : 26:47

If you are new to Mike Oldfield's music, I think my mixes would be an excellent guide to some of Mikes instrumental albums. So if you like some of the fragments, I recommend you to buy the full albums to explore and enjoy the entire compositions.
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Oct. 17 2007, 12:56

Great Idea TubularBull! I was going to attempt something along similar lines myself when I had a bit more time! Maybe I still will, and we can compare notes!

Tony :)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2007, 03:04

TubularBull, I got a kick out of playing "Name that Tune" with this mix. I think the piece that had me stumped the longest was from "The Wind Chimes"(?) which I've only heard a couple of times. Throughout, my reactions were mostly of the "Ooohh... I'm glad he included this bit!" sort. Thanks for sharing this.  :)

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
TubularBull Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2007, 07:04

Thanks for your comments on my mix Sweetpea. I’m happy that you seemed to mostly like it :)  Has anyone else listened to the mix? Please let me know your opinions.
I have included a track listing below for those who would like to know:

Part 1
Title: Track/excerpt, Album
Introduction: Daydream, Tres Lunas
"  Tubular World, TSODE
Fast Guitars: Cochise, Guitars
Basses: Part 1, Hergest Ridge
Latin: Amarok, Amarok
“  Amarok, Amarok
“  Taurus III, Crisis
A Minor tune: The Wind Chimes, The Wind Chimes
Blues: Crisis, Crisis
“  Amarok, Amarok
“  Amarok, Amarok
Trash: Four Winds, Guitars
“  Amarok, Amarok
Ghost Bell: Ghost Bell, TB 2003
Russian: Broad Sunlit Uplands, The Millennium Bell
Finale/The Bell: Amarok, Amarok
"  Amarok, Amarok
Epilogue: The Lake, Discovery

Part 2
Title: Track/excerpt, Album
Har(p)monics: Start Part 4, Incantations
"  Fire Fly, Tres Lunas
Pease: Start part 2, Hergest Ridge
"  Dark Island, Voyager
Bagpipes: Flowers of the Forest, Voyager
Pacha Mama: Pacha Mama, The Millennium Bell
Ambient Guitars: Daydream, Tres Lunas
“  Maya Gold, Tubular Bells II

The Doge’s palace: The Doge’s Palace, The Millennium Bell
The Millennium Bell, The Millennium Bell

If anyone has any suggestions to other part of Mike’s music that would fit in to the mix, please let me know.
Profile PM 
TubularBull Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2007, 07:23

Quote (ImAFoolAndImLaughing @ Oct. 17 2007, 12:56)
Great Idea TubularBull! I was going to attempt something along similar lines myself when I had a bit more time! Maybe I still will, and we can compare notes!

Tony :)

It would be interesting to listen to another approach to this idea. Hope you will have some time soon :)
Profile PM 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2007, 07:46

hi

very very well done - nice background musik for a dinner party - no not a candle light dinner party with whats her name
Profile PM 
marbela Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2007, 05:15

Hi Tubularbull,
Superbe idée, super travail, le son est super.
FELICITATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D
I'll burn it for the road...
Great ThanX
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2007, 08:53

Thank you for this.

Listening to it, I'm struck over and over again by the realisation of what a wonderful tunesmith Mike is. This collection of melodies, piled one after another, is incredibly rich - and your method of bringing them altogether like this heightens the appreciation of that. Great stuff.
Profile PM 
TubularBull Offline

Posted: Oct. 23 2007, 06:44

torbenyj, marbela and Alan D, thanks for your positive comments! It’s really nice to read that you all appreciate the mix :D
Profile PM 
fastguy101 Offline

Posted: Oct. 23 2007, 12:33

Finally had a chance to listen....excellent mix.  I agree with Alan D's comments.  There's a common thread throughout Mike's music that allows the weaving of seemingly unrelated songs and somehow it works.  

Mike
Profile PM 
David® Offline

Posted: Oct. 26 2007, 03:19

Congratulations, TubularBull  :)

Your mix is fantastic!

Greetings.
Profile PM 
Down Under Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2007, 14:33

Hey TubularBull, I can't get these links to work.  I keep getting the dreaded "file not found" message.  Can you update them?  Also, has anybody made printable covers for this?
Profile PM 
TubularBull Offline

Posted: Nov. 27 2007, 08:13

Quote (Down Under @ Nov. 24 2007, 14:33)
Hey TubularBull, I can't get these links to work.  I keep getting the dreaded "file not found" message.  Can you update them?  Also, has anybody made printable covers for this?

I just tested the first link and it worked for me... If anybody else has problems please let me know, and I will try something new.
I had plans of making a cover, but haven't had time for this yet. I was thinking of using the bell symbol as a "4".
Don't know if anybody else has made a cover...

Also thanks to Fastguy101 and David for your postive comments on the mix. I appreciate it!
Profile PM 
Down Under Offline

Posted: Nov. 27 2007, 15:33

Hmmm ... I've tried to D/L them through 3 different browsers - I.E., Mozilla Firefox, and Crazy Browser, using Download Accelerator Plus, and each time I get that message, along with another one that says the file does not exist.  I'm in Australia.  Would that make a difference?
Profile PM 
TubularBull Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2007, 09:06

Quote (Down Under @ Nov. 27 2007, 15:33)
Hmmm ... I've tried to D/L them through 3 different browsers - I.E., Mozilla Firefox, and Crazy Browser, using Download Accelerator Plus, and each time I get that message, along with another one that says the file does not exist.  I'm in Australia.  Would that make a difference?

OK, I have uploaded the files to Filefront.com. You can try these links:
http://files.filefront.com/TBIVmixPt1mp3/;9140190;
http://files.filefront.com/TBIVmixPt2mp3/;9712644;

Let me know if it works or not...
Profile PM 
Jesse Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2007, 14:08

maybe he rightclicked them and did save as..does not work with rapidshare ;)
Profile PM 
Down Under Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2007, 14:34

No, I hadn't been right clicking.  I'd been going into rapidshare in the normal way.  Anyway, these new links work, and the D/Ls flew in @ megaspeed, thanks!  :D
Profile PM 
Gorole Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2008, 15:44

Hi!
Make some cover for this good mix  :)
Profile PM 
TubularBull Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2010, 10:30

New download links provided in the initial post.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 10 2010, 12:34

Neat! Doesn't seem to want me to download part 2 however saying I'm downloading multiple files at once (which I'm not) :(. Can you maybe upload it to YouSendIt or MegaUpload?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
24 replies since Oct. 17 2007, 08:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net