Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells II & III DVD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
kovace Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 26 1999, 22:42

Hi, I am interested in purchasing the above DVD, however I could not find it on any sites listed except the polish one and I do not understand polish so I cannot complete the order...Does anyone have the precise link for it on any english on-line sites??

Help greatly appreciated.
kovace@bigpond.com
Profile PM 
Jean-Francois Offline

Posted: Jan. 18 2000, 20:08

I also would like to buy the DVD but before i would like to know if it's going to work with my DVD machine ( Region 1 ; North America Zone ).Thanks.
Profile PM 
toMtOm Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2000, 10:25

Hello!

I have one at home smile and it's great!

The tech infos:
picture format PAL 4:3(4:3)
audio: dolby digital 5.1 surround sound,
linear PCM stereo
viewing angles: 1
region code: 2/3/4/5/6
disc format: DVD-10
duration: approx. 125 mins.

The DVD double-sided: the two concert on different sides...

(And a mistake in the booklet and on the inlay card: the Sentinel was mispelled to Sentimental... smile)
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: April 27 2000, 10:50

Originally posted by Jean-Francois:
I also would like to buy the DVD but before i would like to know if it's going to work with my DVD machine ( Region 1 ; North America Zone ).Thanks.

I would also like to get Mikes TB II and III DVD and it is released for every region worldwide except USA (Region 1). I have written to Warner Bros and they say there is no plan to release this DVD. Is there any conspiracy aginst Mike in Warner USA? They release various 50 years old crappy movies, but not TB II and III that thousands of people would enjoy.

Did anybody heard something different about this DVD release for Region 1?
Alnilam Offline

Posted: April 27 2001, 16:08

Yeah, I am really P.O.'d. American MO fans are so deprived.
Region 2 Encoding (Europe, Middle East and Japan only)

Stupid Amazon.co.uk! I really want that DVD! I guess that's all I am to Amazon is a bloody Region!

Maybe I can get my German relatives to order it for me, so wish me luck!
-Alnilam

--------------
-Alni
Profile PM 
Man_in_the_Rain Offline

Posted: June 26 2001, 23:46

I have a Japanese version that plays on my region-free DVD player here in Canada.
I bought it at www.cdjapan.co.jp.
Here are the specs...

The tech infos:
picture format NTSC 4:3
audio: dolby digital 5.1 surround sound,
linear PCM stereo
viewing angles: 1
region code: 2/3/4
disc format: DVD-9
duration: approx. 125 mins.

The DVD dual-layered: the two concert on one side and are accesed individually by a menu...

(And a mistake in the booklet and on the inlay card: the Sentinel was mispelled to Sentimental...)

The case isn't as nice as the European one, though. (regular black plasic instead of the SUPER JEWEL CASE) frown
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 27 2001, 00:37

where did you get a region free dvd player??? if i can get one im gonna order it too!!!

i also live in Canada....

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Man_in_the_Rain Offline

Posted: July 02 2001, 12:34

You can find region-free DVD players on code-free internet stores, e-bay, or even (if your lucky) at your local electronics store. Personally, I bought a Sampo DVD player, which does the region-selection (needed for RegionCodeEnhanced DVDs) and PAL conversion, but has poor quality (picture seems "liney" to me, but I also own a high-end Panasonic which had won best picture for 4X3 TV's in a magazine). I had to do a lot of work on my own and through warranty to get it to work without skipping on all my movies.
There is a list of these region-free players on http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/ (watch out: most are only european!)
The absolute best would probably to get one from www.codefreedvd.com because they "guarantee" that they will work. BUT THEY ARE VERY VERY VERY EXPENSIVE FOR THEIR QUALITY.

MusicallyInspired, feel free to e-mail me @
umgracem@cc.umanitoba.ca
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2002, 21:57

This DVD rocks!!!! biggrin
The live versions of these albums are somehow even better than the album versions.
If your can get it, I recommend your do!

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
pjjm Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2002, 05:00

I go tmine through amazon.com and I live is South Africa and it works perfectly, I am watching (listaning) to it right now, you certai ly are missing something!!!! must get it my friend, just must!!! biggrin
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 22:42

I sometimes wonder if the editing on the TB3 concert could of done it a lot more justice.

It seems that all too often you’re looking at the gig from a long way off, way back in the crowd.
It also annoys me a bit that on certain guitar parts you don’t get to see Mike playing, instead the director takes it upon himself to show more long shots or worse still crowd shots rather than close-ups of Mike doing his thing.

Still its good but I think TB2 is a far better view than watching TB3.
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2002, 04:39

Hey, if your Aussie, you can go to http://www.sanity.com.au/Product/ProductDetail.asp?SKUID=63745&CHID=DEPARTMENT&PCHID= or you can go to JD's in Perth, if you live there. They have heaps of DVD's, they must have it somewhere!
It really is an excellent DVD.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
ChiRho Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2002, 06:33

I got this DVD, watched the TBII bit, and about 9 minutes in, there's the MikeCam! I thought it was great how they popped that little camera on the guitar, and it would have been great to see that on the TBIII performance as well. I noticed the MikeCam2 but the bells for the finale. Also, Moonshine, which is IMHO not entirely a bad track (almost, but not entirely!), but an extremely piss-poor ending leads Mike into a reprise of The Bell. Now why couldn't they have stuck that on the album?

For TBIII, enter the three giant bells!

--XP
http://www.chirho.i12.com/

--------------
<P>Mr. ChiRho
Email to chirho@mine.nu.almost (guess what drops)
Visit ChiRho Network Central [URL=http://www.chirho.i12.com/]http://www.chirho.mine.nu/[/URL]
Check the forums (topic suggestions still welcome[URL=http://forum.chirho.mine.nu/]http://forum.chirho.mine.nu/[/URL]
Profile PM WEB 
Michael Krause
Unregistered

Posted: Oct. 07 2002, 14:48

Hi to all out there,

i think the TB III Concert in Horse Garden is a big fake!
At the last minutes you can see it. The Bell-player at the big final does n´t play his bells but you can hear it.
And the pianoplayer Katherine Rockhill also does n´t hit allways the right key.

But the illusion is great.

M. Krause
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 08 2002, 14:36

I think that the wrongly hit bells (if it's the part which I'm thinking of) is just a case of the same shot being used twice, with not so much attention being paid to the fact that the shot doesn't quite fit the music...It may not be so, I'd have to look again (and pay proper attention...) to be more certain.

Not sure about the pianist hitting the wrong keys, but the sound of the piano is certainly not that which is on the album - the concert piano has a more abrasive midrange, perhaps through use of a soundboard mounted transducer instead of microphones.
Profile PM 
Ricardo Offline

Posted: Nov. 30 2003, 09:32

I think the DVD is wicked for Tubular Bells III...does anyone know if Mike Oldfield has any other DVDs with concerts on.
I hav Tubular Bells III and Tubular Bells II ans The Millenium, Art in Heaven. Is there any more...
:D
Profile PM 
Ricardo Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2003, 03:03

I think Outcast is the best song on this DVD. Its sounds a lot better on the DVD. On the album version the loud chords he plays after the chord intro is way faster, and better.
And on the album the bit after the loud bit, is on computer i think, in the album, but on this he plays it on his Paul Redd Smith guitar and it sounds a lot better.
Af course there going to be different live but i hav to say this DVD is better than the album.
:)
Profile PM 
David Mar Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2005, 05:28

I'm thinking of getting TB3 on DVD so I can pause it and ZOOM in on the crowd shots to get a close up of the shots of MYSELF!! I wore a light blue jacket, and if you blink, you'd miss me! I took my glasses off because of the rain, and I leant down to shake the rain off my shopping bags!! I had sandwiches and maps etc inside!
Profile PM 
17 replies since Dec. 26 1999, 22:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net