[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: tubular bells guitar duet, still beta ;]< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
warlock Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 24 2008, 13:39

http://www.chomikuj.pl/warlock....ock.mp3
[it's a polish site, but simply press play button to listen to the track]

/ I re-recorded it plugging the guitar straight to the PC instead of recording it using microphone (for higher quality)

OK so i've finally managed to transcribe this part by ear, i've recorded it by plugging guitar to a crappy PC mic slot so the sound isn't the same as the one i'd like to have from my guitar amp :D. The backing track is the original Tubular Bells with ballance switched to the left side in winamp (so only the second, "lower" guitar can be heard) - i'm playing the "higher" guitar part. When the pattern repeats itself the original "higher" guitar can be heard because guitars are no longer separated to different channels (or they are, but not like 0%-100%, more like 30%-70%) so it kinda melds with mine.

Of course there are couple mistakes and unsynchronized notes, but i'm still practising it - to be honest i learnt it yesterday. + i'm always under pressure when it comes to recording - it always sounds better while practising :D

Feel free to post some feedback here  :p

--------------
cheers from Poland.
Profile PM 
warlock Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2008, 13:37

Anyone?  :p

--------------
cheers from Poland.
Profile PM 
nushky Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2008, 16:53

difficult to give any feedback, it sounds very much like the original, mabe the original backing track is too much present, therefore one cannot distinctly listen to what you are playing
Profile PM 
warlock Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2008, 19:27

And that's what it should be all about :D

The volume of the guitar and the original recording are quite similar so neither of them is dominant ;). It doesn't sound well when my guitar playing is much louder than the recording. And as i said - i play the "higher guitar" - it shouldn't be hard to recognize my parts.

--------------
cheers from Poland.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Sep. 24 2008, 13:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net