Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells free with The Mail On Sunday, Tubular Bells< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
familyjules Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 22 2007, 08:40

Hi all

You all probably know this already, but in the UK and Eire, today's Mail On Sunday newspaper has a free copy of the original Tubular Bells in a simple cardboard sleeve with the original artwork.

I bought it cos I only hadthe Boxed remix, so I was well happy.  Just played it through.  Sounds great!

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2008, 05:45

Quote (familyjules @ April 22 2007, 08:40)
Hi all

You all probably know this already, but in the UK and Eire, today's Mail On Sunday newspaper has a free copy of the original Tubular Bells in a simple cardboard sleeve with the original artwork.

I bought it cos I only hadthe Boxed remix, so I was well happy.  Just played it through.  Sounds great!

Jules

Nice - missed it by a few weeks - had a UK holiday late the following month.

I have Boxed and just bought 2003 - not sure if I can justify another purchase - even to myself - but if it was in a newspaper .....
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2008, 02:42

Of course you can jusitfy another purchase mate.All those cd's to buy.Exposed is a must have,and then the DVDs.Spend it all.....oh hold on.I'm skint and it's payday tommorow.New cd to buy on the 7th though. ;)

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
tranquilinho Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2008, 18:41

Great initiative! Maybe other newspapers will contribute to make good music popular  ;)
Profile PM 
Ghostmojo Offline

Posted: April 05 2009, 18:18

I heard Mike's response to this though on BBC radio, and he was less than happy that something - of which he is justifiably so proud, and which took so much to create - could just be chucked out as a disposable freebie with a Sunday rag.

I am inclined to agree with him. OK - it spreads the music to anybody who hasn't heard it before (is there really anybody in this solar system who can claim that?), and that might encourage fresh interest in exploring his music further, but it does debase the original statement somewhat IMHO - and it is not really why it was included.

--------------
" ... if you feel a little glum - to Hergest Ridge you should come ... "
Profile PM 
4 replies since April 22 2007, 08:40 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net