Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Finale (cover), Synth-ethereal interpretation< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Artly There Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 04 2015, 21:08

Greetings (from a newbie) :)

Wanted to post about an effort I completed recently,  "Tubular Bells Finale".

My version is rather ethereal in places, more synthetic, but pleasingly subtle in some ways before the announcements hit, I think. There are several other differences from the original (matching the original perfection seemed pointless, as it has already been done more than once, so perfectly, by the master author).

I ended up with 7 instrument intervals, where the original had 9 (no mandolin and double speed guitars) , and my version does a slow fadeout instead of the nice guitar ending of the original. My guitar playing brother wasn't keen on learning that last flourish, so it was either me and VST, or opt out for the time being. I may add something for any version 2. :)

My friend from the UK, Andy Pritchard, kindly did the announces (beginning 2:05), which are:

Grand Piano
Organ
Electric Glockenspiel
Bass With Acoustic Guitar
Astral Piano, With Steel Guitar
Plucked Electric Strings
Plus…Tubular Bells!

Tubular Bells Finale (Artly There Cover Featuring Andy Pritchard)

There is also an "Aftermath" piece I did as a quickie, from the left over energy of the long slog. It's a 140 BPM fun thing. The bells kick in after 0:50.

Tubular Bells Aftermath (by Artly There)

Hope something in either is enjoyable.

Robert
Profile PM 
Markus K. Offline

Posted: July 05 2015, 15:41

Yes, they are enjoyable.

:)

--------------
---
Markus K.
Profile PM 
Artly There Offline

Posted: July 08 2015, 05:50

Quote (Markus K. @ July 05 2015, 15:41)
Yes, they are enjoyable.

:)

Thanks Markus. :) Glad you liked them.

rc
Profile PM 
AwayWeGo Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2015, 15:33

Absolutely beautiful. This is reminiscent of the radio version Oldfield did with John Peel. I love it!

Could you please make it available for download? Or like share a dropbox link to a high quality version? I'd love to have it to listen to (:
Profile PM 
3 replies since July 04 2015, 21:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net