Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells color coded instrument timing sheet, Does it exist?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
trcanberra Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 23 2008, 06:47

I seem to recall in the dim dark past seeing a color coded timing chart where Mike had lots of colored parallel lines representing where each instrument came in and went out.

I also recall him saying he did so many overdubs he wore through one of the tapes and had to repeat many of them again.

Is this from the LP inner sleeve or am I dreaming it all up?  If it does exist - would love a link to a picture of the chart to show my (much more musical than me) daughter.
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Jan. 23 2008, 08:32

The album that he wore out the tape and had to redo was not Tubular Bells but Ommadawn.

And yes, there was a colour coded time sheet with all the instruments listed on it. You can see it in Tony Palmers video "All You Need Is Love" wich most of you will know as the making of Ommadawn.

There is also a colour pic of it in Mikes autobiography Changeling.

Hope, that helps.

;)
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2008, 10:30

The first thing that came into my mind is This One from the cover of 'Five Miles Out' - you've not possibly been thinking of that one?
Profile PM WEB 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Jan. 24 2008, 03:21

Thanks folks - the info was very useful.  Yes, I think that is the one I was thinking of.

I sure miss album covers - those booklets in the remastered CDs are hopeless.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Jan. 23 2008, 06:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net