Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells 4< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 01 2002, 14:46

Am i seriously the only person here who wouldn't mind seeing this album exist? not so much as in "the next album" but in my lifetime. i love the bells smile

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: April 01 2002, 18:40

...only if he did the original justice, which he did with TB2 but not with TB3 - IMHO!

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 01 2002, 21:51

I don't think he needs any encouragement...

A fun one might be something that picks off where Tubular Bells left off - Parts 3 and 4, something like that. I don't know how people would react to that, though...
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: April 02 2002, 03:50

I don't know how everyone else would react, considering there are so many of them complaining about Tubular Bells III already. I think that I heard him say once that the Millennium Bell would be the last bell album.

In my opinion it could be a bells album but not be called Tubular Bells 4, prehaps something more original.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: April 08 2002, 14:17

Mike has gone on record as stating the common features of an album that characterise it as a 'tubular bells' album - the folk song, the noisy piltdownman or likewise, and the introducing of the bells....outside of these the possibilities are limitless...as mike has said, he feels that the bells are returning to him and not vice versa...so it is certainly possible that we may one day have 'Tubular Bells 4'...but Mike is criticised by the foolish for sticking 'too close to the original' with II, and deviating too much with III...of course the most foolish of all would criticise no matter how it sounded...but it is interesting that amarok is a bells album in spirit, but the millennium bell is not...i do feel though that by returning to the original tubular bells in 2003, Mike will return to the long instrumental format...maybe then, we will receive another Bells masterpiece...
Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 30 2002, 22:44

i was reading an interview recently and he asked him if he got much flak for having 5 bell albums (i don which five hes talkn about but thats what it said...must be orchestral) and he said yes but he looks at it as hes not trying to please anybody...he does what he feels he wants to do. he said if he did what everyone wanted him to do he would lose the beauty of it and it wouldnt be fun. so he said if i feel to do another bell album i will.

i personally think it would be kool. ppl may think he takes it too far and cant do anything else but thats the whole point of makn sequels...to add somethn new to an original. and i love that idea.

i went thru many stages where i thought certain albums were just plain junk but i have just decided that everything mike oldfield does is awesome because he likes it and enjoys doing it or else he wouldnt make it. and ive just decided that if i enjoy his music and he enjoys this stuff that i dont like than i must be able to enjoy it too because i like his music. and ive just learned to accept that and now i love everything he does...of course ive always loved tb3.....

thats one thing i cant figure out....everyone says he cant do anything else so he just makes another bell album but then they say hes straying too far from it....meaning hes done somethn new. i dont know why they cant see that.

i dont care if he does the first one justice or not whatever it is it will be awesome.

and ive learned that with all music in a way.....if it sounds good to me (and ill give it careful consideration) than i like it no matter what popular opinion says. thats kind of the way i think that mike is thinkn too

anyways...excuse me for blabbing on

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
dgcaer Offline

Posted: May 01 2002, 12:57

For me, it's enough for the bells. However, I will be happy to see next year Tubular Bells remake. I don't think it's a good idea to do a Tubular Bells 4. I think it is more interesting to do a Hergest Ridge 2. A fantastic album.
Profile PM WEB 
mirwais57 Offline

Posted: May 11 2002, 00:37

I would like more songs in the Taurus series. They were good. He doesn't have to do anything different, he would just have to do another song and call it Taurus IV. It would be pretty easy.

--------------
http://www.mp3.com/57_13/
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/57_ttpo_13/

NB: Avatar = Mirwais himself.
Profile PM WEB 
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: May 13 2002, 13:01

Tubular Bells IV, could be, why not?
As someone said somewhere, Only Time Will Tell.
Profile PM 
treslunas Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 14 2002, 11:44

There is a tubular bells 4!!!!!!! It is the millenium BELL!!!!!!!! Now tubular bells 5 would be fantastic! being a piano player i have tried and tried to re arrange the tubular bells theme but cos i am such a big oldfield fan i just play either TB1 TB2 TB3 or TMB theme! i just cannot do! Mike, its time for you to shine yet again!  ;)

--------------
Tr3s Lunas (Danny Hudson)
Profile PM 
9 replies since April 01 2002, 14:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net