Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells, Exposed Concert< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 21 2023, 06:14

Mike's official YouTube channel has kick started again, they have uploaded the performance of Tubular Bells from the Exposed concert.
Profile PM 
Sentinel_NZ Online

Posted: April 21 2023, 19:04

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ April 21 2023, 06:14)
Mike's official YouTube channel has kick started again, they have uploaded the performance of Tubular Bells from the Exposed concert.

...Except it says on the email, that the upload will only be up for 7 days lol...Not quite sure why that is, but that's the story.  So I guess those who want to keep that video need to download it to their hard drive right away.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 21 2023, 22:45

A day for each Mike Oldfield fan left, perhaps  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Sentinel_NZ Online

Posted: April 21 2023, 23:15

Quote (nightspore @ April 21 2023, 22:45)
A day for each Mike Oldfield fan left, perhaps  :laugh:

I couldn't start to tell how many people I have heard begging the record companies to issue deluxe versions of his 80s albums; many YouTube video of the countless albums and singles attract 100s of 1000s of views, with adoring comments every day, from "Day one" fans to new converts who are discovering the music every day with the wide access that we have in this era; thus I would fancy that to give a day for each fan to hear/download this video you would need to set aside 10,000 years, perhaps :laugh:

But what do I know and heck, maybe all musicians and composers only have a handful of fans.  Maybe there are only 7 people who still enjoy listening to Beethoven and only 5 who still like Mozart, and only 2 who bother with Tchaikovsky and only 1 who likes Bach, and he's probably 95 years old :laugh:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxTfUpYF4qQ
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 24 2023, 02:17

I don't understand the 1 week only thing, unless there is a proper re-release coming up!! There are lots of comments on there from people who clearly love the music and performance.
Profile PM 
shenry Offline

Posted: April 26 2023, 04:27

I watched it, but I'm not sure I can see much difference from the Exposed DVD. Are there any substantial differences?

The sound is a bit rougher and the camera editing not as good. So does it have any great advantage over what we already have available? Is it just that it's "raw footage" and slightly different?
Profile PM 
5 replies since April 21 2023, 06:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net