Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: tube world, suggestions< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 07 2003, 07:08

i remember reading several suggestions scattered along different forums here, so i'd like to gather, now that the date of its release (whenever it will be) gets close, what would people suggest for it if we had the chance to do it.

i'll start the list saying that imho it would be much better if music and visuals were not split this time, that is, if we had it all, complete and round, in a single instalment.

moreover, regarding the commercial matter... that way, paying once for all, i think he wouldn't be so criticised as he was for tr3s lunas, even having to pay more for it than for a "normal" album.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
SHINE Offline

Posted: May 11 2003, 06:34

As I said in another forum, I would like that music on the game and on the music CD would'nt be different.
   Or I would akk for the game's music to be included on a music CD one could buy separately.
   When MO published TR3S LUNAS, I hadn't my PC. So I wasn't able to play the game. But the worst thing was that I (and many other people that don't have a PC) couldn't listen to it's music!
   That's very disgusting when you have bought all the albums.
    And just think about people who loves his music but doesn't like PC Games.
    I belonged to this kind of people before trying MVR.
    So that's why I would ask MO to include the game's music in a music CD you can buy separately. ;)

ps.: BTW, this make me think about asking for a VHS version for the video included in theTB 2003's DVD, but I know that it would be very difficult...
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: May 14 2003, 09:17

Quote (SHINE @ May 11 2003, 06:34)
As I said in another forum, I would like that music on the game and on the music CD would'nt be different.
   Or I would akk for the game's music to be included on a music CD one could buy separately.

it seems that u will have what u are asking for since 'tube world' will be the virtual environment for tubular bells 2003.

i have to say that, though i was looking forward to new music for the new virtual world, i realize it will be interesting to watch his own images for tubular bells.

can't wait to fly into the caveman's den.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 14 2003, 23:31

But the worst thing was that I (and many other people that don't have a PC) couldn't listen to it's music!
  That's very disgusting when you have bought all the albums.
   And just think about people who loves his music but doesn't like PC Games.
   I belonged to this kind of people before trying MVR.

That's why I made Tr3s Lunas II ;).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
SHINE Offline

Posted: May 15 2003, 15:38

And that's why I love it so much!!! ;)  :D

Naaa, I love it because it's a great work you did and you shared with us ;)
Profile PM 
Gandalph Offline

Posted: May 16 2003, 09:43

Quote (SHINE @ May 15 2003, 15:38)
And that's why I love it so much!!! ;)  :D

Naaa, I love it because it's a great work you did and you shared with us ;)

I have to agree 100% with this statement. I really like Tres Lunas II (and the other fan mixes) far more than the official release.

a) Because they contain the music from the game that is missing from TL.
b) More importantly they sound like they have had more care and emotion invested in producing them. Probably because as a fan you care about the music much more than a technician in a studio who just gets paid to produce album after album.

--------------
Yet Another Mike Oldfield Web Site - http://www.dbennett.karoo.net
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: May 16 2003, 20:12

Probably because as a fan you care about the music much more than a technician in a studio who just gets paid to produce album after album.

That's very true :).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Gandalph Offline

Posted: May 17 2003, 20:37

Considering I have seen your mix available to download from several sources and all the positive comments, I just wonder how many copies now exist. I would guess it must be in the hundreds if not thousands.

--------------
Yet Another Mike Oldfield Web Site - http://www.dbennett.karoo.net
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: May 17 2003, 22:44

I expect it's gone pretty far. The guy who was selling it on ebay said he bought it from another dude in Spain I believe he said and he assumed that he had put it together. Ugo found them up for download on a newsgroup. It's definitely gone around.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
SHINE Offline

Posted: May 24 2003, 19:21

I'd ask that the game continue in the same line as MVR goes.

I mean a game who let us fly where we want,feeling free,going from a discovery to another, with great emotional explosions full of music and colors when you find a new place in the world.
                A game that  is a 3 D confirmation of the images my mind creates while listening to Mike Oldfield music.
                A game that make me feel as well as I feel when I'm flying like a seagull to an island and when I'm a dolphin playing in the sea hour by hour.
                A world that give me the same feeling that I get everytime I go to Tai Chi Island.

A wonderfull game as MVR is... :)
Profile PM 
9 replies since May 07 2003, 07:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net