Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: TSODE meets Tres Lunas< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
fan-since-platinum Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 05 2003, 16:41

Songs from tres lunas or what ??

Hello everybody. Thanks for all the great feedback from you, i have to cancel the link, i'm corrently corresponding with a recordcompany about publishing my tracks, and they won't talk to me if i go public before they have decided if they want my music.

For those of you who can remember the track, i can tell you it's all made at my PC in a extremly good musicprogram called Propellerhead Reason ver. 2. It took about 70 hours total.

Regards, looking forward to the new tubular bells.
Profile PM 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 05 2003, 17:12

Please don't post your fan tracks at the same day I do. It makes mine look so crappy.  :D

No, serious. The track has the atmosphere and the honest simplicity of TSODE, while the tune is as catchy as one of TL. And the sound quality is almost perfect. This track has anything a fan track needs. If you would leave out the link to TSODE at the end (the rhtytmic repeated dominant note) and would change the title, you could use it as a track on it's own!

Congrats!

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: May 05 2003, 18:10

Very nice. Though I fail to see the connection between TSODE and TL. Actually, this sounds more like Jean Michel Jarre's area here. It is very good, though. Nice piano theme. The whole atmosphere is like TSODE/TL I suppose but the way it's brought out is a bit more like JMJ. Very nice.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Square Offline

Posted: May 06 2003, 09:42

Excellent track, man, I really like it. But I also fail to see any obvious references to TL or TSODE. To me it sounds like Vangelis with a little bit of Jarre. Very nice melody, and beautiful sound. Very well done!

However I think the other half (starting at around 2:30) could do with a bit more power. Perhaps I'd use some more powerful (louder) bass string sound or even Saw Lead for a bass. Well, that's just my honest opinion.
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: May 09 2003, 17:43

WOW! i think this track is simply beautiful, written well and played superbly, flows really well also, i look forward to hearing your future tracks :D

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 10 2003, 06:41

indeed the track is excellently done ;) but I also fail seeing any connection with TSODE or TL... whatever I don't care the track was a nice experience :)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 10 2003, 10:16

*gulp* Why are not promoting this song in the charts yet? This is great!! Better than all those commercial crap songs from last 5 years together. My god, great piece of music!!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
SHINE Offline

Posted: May 10 2003, 11:18

Hi,
  Today I wastrying to listen to this  music u are talking about but when I go to the link, it doesn't work :/
  Do you know if it's still working?
  Is there any other way to listen to it?
Thanks!
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 10 2003, 11:21

Mmm, that's strange. The link still works. Maybe your cookies or security settings of internet explorer aren't set properly?

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
bevy Offline

Posted: May 10 2003, 17:41

yup works fine here

and a very very nice track, thanks
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Posted: May 11 2003, 15:58

That's pretty good, I have a real soft spot for Mellotron choirs!

The only thing I would say is that it could do with a little more bass - a trick I've taken to using recently is to have a recorder or clarinet playing un-naturally low notes it adds a nice pitched rumble. You could also try a bass enhancer such as the BBE Sonic Maximiser or the "Big Bottom" on the Aphex Aural Exciter.
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: May 13 2003, 15:19

matt if u like the choir stuff down load the tubular games tracks, i think you'll like them  ;)

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
11 replies since May 05 2003, 16:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net