Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: TSODE is a MASTERPIECE!!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
^NabLa^ Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 05 2010, 09:17

Haha that comes to show you can't keep everyone happy ;) I love the sound of bagpipes: rich, thick, filling and satisfying.

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 05 2010, 13:35

I find bagpipes sound random and chaotic, like a bad software trying to make music replacing soul with randomness.
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 06 2010, 10:33

Scottish bagpipes can be rather abrasive, however I love the sound of Irish Uilleann pipes (the kind used on Ommadawn).
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 06 2010, 12:28

As I said, natural distortion. Very cool.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 07 2010, 04:12

Quote (Syd B @ April 06 2010, 10:33)
Scottish bagpipes can be rather abrasive, however I love the sound of Irish Uilleann pipes (the kind used on Ommadawn).

have to agree (naturally biased).There are some really cool sounding middle eastern bag-pipes.I kid you not!Saw a gig years ago and some dude had several sets of pipes from all over the world and then produced these.Far too loud for the venue but i always thought they were specific to the British Isles.But then on reflection the British Empire spanned most of the world.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: April 07 2010, 07:58

Not sure if the british empire has anything to do with it as spain was never part of it, on the contrary, they had their own empire before that (bigger than the british for that matter) and never carried over their galician and asturian bagpipes or music to any other countries that I know of.

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 07 2010, 09:07

That's true.Never really looked into it that deeply.Just amazed me that bagpipes were in that many parts of the world.Still prefer that Irish ones but that's probably got more to do with my Grandad being from Wexford.The funny thing is some people really cannot stand the sound of pipes.Dunno why cos to me they produce a wonderful sound.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2011, 16:26

I think it will take a long time for spacetravel to other worlds. If we can't get to lightspeed there is no hope at all. But travel at lightspeed has it's own problems. Space isn't as empty as we think it is. just a few atoms can spoil it all when you hit them at lightspeed. I hope one day we might overcome those obstacles. I think space is marvellous and impressive. A settlement on the moon would be great and I think its doable. If we really wanted to do that I mean the whole world we could be there in 50-100 years time. I would want to live on the moon.

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
27 replies since Oct. 22 2009, 07:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net