Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tricks Of The Light< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Anonymizeruk Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 22 2008, 10:04

Hi All.

It's been much, much too long since I posted anything on these forums.

I recently purchased the Elements DVD, and heard Tricks Of The Light for the first time (shameful I know - Discovery was missing from my collection. Now rectified :))

Anyway, I really liked the track, so have done a synth instrumental cover.

My thanks must go to Branko Gredelj, who did the MIDI on the main site. Without being able to slow that down, I'd never have figured out the guitar solo in the middle section.

My cover, along with some other stuff, is at my own website -
http://bve4.net/badgerssett/

Comments welcome.

Cheers

Gaz
Profile PM 
fastguy101 Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2008, 22:26

Visited your site and listened to all your songs.  I especially liked the piano pieces.  You are better than you give yourself credit.  

Mike
Profile PM 
Zeeter Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2008, 23:58

Hi Gary,
  I was going to comment on your tunes a few days ago, and ask why you havn't put any of your own compositions on your website. Then you did. It has been interesting visiting your website because I've just started to read a book on web design. My ambition is to post one of my own songs onto the MO.com, which is primarily a personal challenge in IT and music. You actually helped me enormously.

I think all your songs are really great. I'm sure I was able to hear 99 percent of the harmonics, because I wasn't able to judge whether the music was good or bad. The overall sound seemed to be filled up with silent spaces which made the music sound very clear. I could hear that you were enjoying yourself.
 Sometimes musicians,(including myself)will try to be too clever and that will always dilute the music.

I do have a one minor criticism. The Telstar tune lacked gusto. I heard it on the radio the other day, so perhaps this is why your's didn't seem to escape the earth's atmosphere - if you see what I mean.

Thanks    -z-

ps, just because you write and play a piece of music doesn't mean you don't have to practice it. But I'm sure you know that.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Oct. 22 2008, 10:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net