Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tribute to 'Downwind'< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
zinc Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 15 2000, 16:55

I was listening to the track Downwind the other day by Pierre Moerlin's Gong outfit after a pretty long tine. I think this is one of the best collaberations Mike has ever done with another artist and really shows off his superb guitar playing. I was wondering what other people thought and what you think is the best piece of music Mike has ever recorded with somebody else.

Zinc
Profile PM 
Vinz Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 18 2000, 04:55

Well, Zinc, I agree...
'Downwind' is a great intrumental. We must say that Pierre Moerlen et Mike know each other for a long time. Pierre, a french percussionnist, worked on TB for the Video 'TB at BBC Studios' in 1973, already. He worked also on Ommadawn, Incantations, Platinum, Exposed, Consequences Of Indecision (With Pekka Pohjola, Sally and Mike), Crises and Island. And Mike appearred on 'Downwind' and 'Pierre Moerlen's Gong Live'. I think that Mike was very involved on that instrumental according to Pierre Moerlen's Official Website (http://www.geocities.com/pierre_moerlen/downwind.html) and as they know how the other works, I think we only can have a great collaborations...
But, that's not the only good collaboration Mike have done... What about 'Passed You By' with Phil Beer ?

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
1 replies since Sep. 15 2000, 16:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net