Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tribute< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bitfidus Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 19 2003, 03:14

Here is a little piece of music... I'm sure you can distingish certain elements from Oldfield's music

Tribute

Best Regards
  bitfidus
Profile PM 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 20 2003, 08:34

To be honest, I like your Ommadawn much more than this one, for two reasons.
1) Those drums just don't seem to be always as 'natural' as they should be. By example, at the fourth minute they are to loud, in my opinion.
2) The general form of the composition is a more critical issue.
Maybe is was your intention to diversify your themes just like Oldfield does, but I think you've overdone it. It lacks some construction.

Looking at the seperate themes is more interesting. I especially like the part between 4'36'' and 5'03'', and I like the 'bird-like' sound you use there.

If the choise would be mine, I would work out some of those themes and make various songs with them.

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
bitfidus Offline

Posted: Feb. 20 2003, 10:26

Thanks. Well, I agree with you. The whole is made up of many pieces... There are one or two pieces more developed than the others... Maybe it is worth to develope these pieces...

Thanks again
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 21 2003, 15:25

There are certainly some nice ideas in there, and I like the way you've experimented with different sections in the way you have (even if Music, the ancient language doesn't like it ;) - I think it's at least good you've attempted it).

You might like to experiment with getting a smoother, more pipe-like feel to the distorted guitars - I think that could work very nicely in some of the sections here.
Profile PM 
bitfidus
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 22 2003, 12:02

Thanks. This is an old theme and i have learnt a lot since I recorded it... I'm thinking in re-record the piece with more developed themes...Hmmmm

Thanks again
 bitfidus
dkaycom Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2003, 04:11

Nice tune u did there.

Just one little question - how is the complete name for it?
What stands tot for (except in german  ;) )?

Later,

dkay

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 
Square Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2003, 12:26

Bitfidus, I like your track. I like those a bit unusual harmonies and chord sequences (I always like them a bit weird). I think it generally flows quite nicely except for a few bits which are a bit choppy (third minute and after). Also, pretty creative guitar runs. And I can't say I recognise any musical quotes which this is a tribute to, maybe you have altered them beyond recognition? Several parts are only distantly reminding me of something I've heard before.
Anyway, pleasant listen for me, I'm looking forward to hear more.
Profile PM 
bitfidus Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2003, 11:20

Thanks to all of you... I think there are some quotes to oldfield music (wich in fact is big influence in my music) like the 'guitar-triplet' sequence at 04:03. Maybe they are dificult to recognise but they are, believe me...

Tot. Well tot stands for 'total'. A better name would be 'Total Tribute' but it sounds a little pretentious... :)

Regards
Profile PM 
7 replies since Feb. 19 2003, 03:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net