Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tres Lunes review from uk< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
zinc Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 09 2002, 05:44

Just got hold of my copy from e bay and everyone in this country, you are in for a treat! It's a great album and one of Mike's best, plus the MVR game gives you loads more
music which you will love.
I'll play a few more times today and post a full review later on, but dont wait any longer order it on the net NOW.

Regards

Zinc
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 09 2002, 15:05

I'm glad you've received your copy. I wish I had gone via e-bay. My order is with HMV and I am less than happy to be informed that the release date has been moved from the 4th to the 11th June. Knowing my luck, it will be in the shops in the UK-at a cheaper price-before mine arrives. I do hope that some of the reviews posted are correct and that each piece develops properly and is not repetitive.
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: June 09 2002, 15:34

hi, did you say HMV told you the release date for UK is 11th June? - I'd only heard a while back that it was 1st July - hopefully its changed...

Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: June 09 2002, 16:46

To everyone in the UK,please wait untill it is properly released here,instead of ordering it from abroad,because it will effect Mike's UK sales figures,which is the kind of thing record companies look at(which is sad i know),but the point is we have waited long enough for this album,and from what everyone else is saying it is a great album,and we only have to wait untill 1st July anyway.I am just as desperate as all the other UK fans,but i do think it will be worth the wait.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 10 2002, 03:55

Have I the first copy of the album in scotland, a friend was working in france on the day of release and brought it back that night with him for me.....its brilliant, like one of the old long complete pieces but cut up into tracks.
Sephirot Offline

Posted: June 10 2002, 09:19

I had my copy here in Romania from our local "Music Land" store. smile It was 13Euro smile

--------------
Lost in Static 18...
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 10 2002, 15:11

Sorry, my original message failed to say that I had ordered it from HMV.com based in Canada. Just received an e-mail from them saying that they have shipped the CD today-I wonder how long it will take to arrive? Whilst I can understand the reasoning behind waiting until it is officially released here in the UK, I am still bemused by the fact that there is such a difference concerning release dates around the world .Is this normal? Why is the UK last?
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 11 2002, 15:13

Well Sephirot, you are fortunated that you can get cheap cd's there in Romania. smile

Here in the Netherlands I had to pay 21 euro. Then later, I saw it in another store for 19 euro! frown

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
7 replies since June 09 2002, 05:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net