Posted: July 08 2002, 15:33

Just finished burning all the MVR music
from the great work of Brandons which forms
Tres Lunes 2.
I think this is by far the best music Mike has made in years
and far better than what he put out on the original recording
of Tres Lunes.
You have to listen to all the tracks.
Most of them are new and just brilliant really.
This would make a great second album if ever officially released by Mike. I'm  not sure why he did not release some of the music anyway.
My favoutites must be:

Joy Ride
Requiem
Lunar Jam
Rebirth Tunnel

simply oldfield at his very best.
Its worth the effort to download and make the cdr.
You can even get the cd covers and track list from the web.

Zinc
Profile PM 
Pahendriks Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 08 2002, 16:16

Yes, Sinc is right. Tr3s Lunas II is also great!

Visit www.connceptual.com/mo/

Pat
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: July 12 2002, 04:22

Second that - these files are really great (though I'd prefer 'Snow Cavern Flight' and 'The Origin').
Just a nagging question - now that I know these tracks, will I be disappointed once I eventually get into the full game, or are they good images of the actual game sound (in contrast to the demos, where the music snippets were quite rare and waaay too short IMHO) ?
Another one : did I miss the end of 'The Origin' in the download, or is the original file also cut-off ?
Andreas
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 13 2002, 15:35

"The Origin" should end with the same tune at the beginning mixed with the drums and the world theme with the same tune and then it echos/reverbs/fades to nothing.....

also new cover art and stuff is coming soon....looks much better thanks to Mige Iranzo. im trying to get them uploaded somewhere and as soon as it is ill tell you all

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: July 14 2002, 05:01

Well, that's much better now... should have checked before burning the CD that I got only 12/14 of Origin and 8/14 of Journey.. now I had to get 28Megs again via ISDN instead of backbone LAN.:-(
And for the other question?
Profile PM WEB 
Melomaniac
Unregistered

Posted: July 14 2002, 16:20

The only thing in Tres LunasII better than the edited one is the sound of guitar, I mean the sound, not the quality of the melodies. Both of the albums are too much simple, not too inspired and without the feeling and emotion of good albums by Mike. Ok, simplicity is compatible with beauty but in Mike´s case I always prefer complex works which don´t run out after a couple of listenings.

Posted: Aug. 28 2002, 12:17

And for the other question?

well its all a matter of taste i guess. i enjoy the game very much and think the music is quite powerful with the visuals....then again i played the game before listening to TL2 :). there are some parts of the songs that are on Tr3s Lunas II that were cut out of the game but i think it still works very well in the game. in fact i almost encourage people to play the game before listening to TL2 cuz if u havent heard anything from it already, you're going through the game looking for music and its a kool feeling when you find a new track you havent heard before.

its like songs they use for tv shows. they always shorten the song for the show (you dont notice it) but when u listen to the original version on a soundtrack or somethn its quite longer and sometimes better. but there are certain things about the shorter version that are better about the longer version so its good to have both in that case.

ive listened to the music so much now i dont see any difference but i would imagine for the people who first listen to it that the music on TL2 gives a slightly different feel then the music from the game. the game *might* have shorter clips but it has great visual effects to make up for it IMO.

sorry i didnt see your post sooner!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2002, 05:07

Never mind - though I finally got everything myself in between..
In my opinion, each of it has its own pro's :
- on the CD, we have addtional material like TBF and the much-discussed 'Saxitar', and the tracks just sound more elaborate than in the game.
- in the game, we have some you-know-which nice tracks that haven't made it for the CD, but are sometimes hard (or just tedious) to find or only very faint (like the apple's or golden tree's tunes). We have the visuals, yet which sometimes cannot balance the lack of sound (e.g. the canyon flight feels quite boring for me).
- in the MP3's, we have (almost?) all of the tracks from the game, for random access at any time (but without the visuals).
What I'm just missing in the game is some more complex interactive music. The planets and the moon are IMHO a good start, but there should be more. OK, you can also play the green crystals, but with very poor control. e.g. the mushroom circle would have made a nice set of tablas..
At least, it sometimes pays to listen and wait for a tune to develop (e.g. at the white bush).

Andreas
Profile PM WEB 
Chic
Unregistered

Posted: May 08 2003, 04:42

I've downloaded all the Music from Tres Lunas 2. IMO it's quite good, i like Sprites, Solar system, moonlight stroll.  Thou Art in Heaven is poor though.   :)

Posted: May 08 2003, 09:02

Yes, Thou Art In Heaven I wasn't pleased with at all. I was trying to make it sound more like Art In Heaven with the good drums instead of the poor slow ones that are on the album. Oh well...

Thanks for enjoying it, though!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 09 2003, 23:29

I too like Tres Lunas II. My favourites are Solar System and Snow Cavern Flight: Solar System particularly ranks up there as one of the best things Mike has ever done.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 

Posted: May 09 2003, 23:58

My favorite is still Requiem of the Sky. Man, those 2 tunes together work so well. If that was just worked on a little more it could have been something really really cool. I could pictures drums building up and starting and guitars playing and stuff.....that theme has such potential. Also Redwings is really good too. I can just hear screaming guitars on that one.

A bit of an interesting note here, Carole Martin (who apparently has some affiliation with Terry Oldfield) emailed me about Tr3s Lunas II a while back (not recently). Here's what she had to say:

Hi Brandon,

A friend here in the US sent me a CD of your Tr3s
Lunas II, and I have to
tell you it's brilliant. You also must be a Terry
Oldfield fan as I hear a
bit of ICON in track 7 :-))  Don't tell Mike
this, of course, but I think
your CD is better. I was listening to it last
night while packing up my
apartment to move and it was great music to have
on while doing all of that.
Once I get moved, I'll upload track 7 so Terry
can hear it. I'm sure he'll
enjoy it as well :)

Congratulations!

Sincerely,
Carole Martin

//

And also an excerpt from a reply:

That's really weird. I didn't know Mike had used
some of Terry's music
in the game..but the choral bit on track 7 is
definitely from ICON. As
soon as I get a chance, I'll rip a bit of the
track and put it on the
server so you can hear it.

//

Has anyone heard this ICON? I haven't looked for it yet so I don't know what it's like compared to the Tr3s Lunas version.

PS - I'm not sure what to think when everyone tells me (including people involved with Terry Oldfield) that they like my mix better than the original Tr3s Lunas by Mike himself ;). I mean, I'm just a lowly fan and my mix is greater than the almighty Mike Oldfield himself?? I find that quite hard to believe..

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
11 replies since July 08 2002, 15:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net