Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tres Lunas or drugs??????< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Zanny Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 09 2004, 16:35

A misleading title, perhaps.

Me and my loving wife have been driven crazy by our children.  They refuse to sleep in their own beds, very clingy kids (1 is 3 1/2 the other 2).

Anyway tonight is the night were going to be putting our foot down.  So my lady says "put some music on that will send the kids to sleep"

So Tres Lunas it is, and it seems to be working......(fingers crossed)
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: June 10 2004, 06:24

Tres Lunas does a good job putting me to sleep, too...

(Hey, somebody had to say it!  :D )
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 14 2004, 08:39

Hehehe! Yeah...rather relaxing indeed. It's great beach music, too and when I listen to it can almost feel the wet sand between my toes. :) :)

Anyway...hope you caught some sleep (or rather, the babies...) Mine are older now (youngest will be turning 10 within a week), and Voyager was incredibly helpful. One CD that always got my oldest to sleep wasn't an MO, but Down to the Moon by Andreas Vollenweider.

Not to worry...some day your kids will sleep and even in their own beds. My three daughters were all like that, and the crib is practically unused. Fast forwarding, they're all very independent kids and sleep is no problem (especially for my 12er and soon to be 17-year-old, who, if they don't get at least 12 hours a night think they're sleep-deprived).

Now if we could just do something about the new puppy....... :O

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 14 2004, 12:27

My mother takes care of my 1-year-and-4-month-old niece, and when she's in my room, playing, I always keep some music playing - normally Mike Oldfield or something else. I want to get these different sounds into her head while I have the time, because when my mother is lulling her to sleep, she usually hums something extremely horrible. I don't want my niece to join the dark side!... :D

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: July 20 2007, 02:41

I don't know about putting one to sleep, but I suppose TL has a drug-like quality since I can't seem to get enough of it. Been listening to it almost constantly since I bought it two weeks ago.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 20 2007, 09:20

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this thread. Just to keep track of it, my "musical plan" with my niece failed miserably. She has joined the dark side, and I can't say I haven't tried. She adores the Backyardigans, though, and already knows Beethoven's 6th symphony (at least the first movement) through some animated movies she watches. There is always hope...

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: July 23 2007, 14:37

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ July 20 2007, 09:20)
my "musical plan" with my niece failed miserably. She has joined the dark side, and I can't say I haven't tried. She adores the Backyardigans, though, and already knows Beethoven's 6th symphony (at least the first movement) through some animated movies she watches. There is always hope...

She's still quite young, so hopefully you'll have more opportunities to help her form proper appreciation for worthy music.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
6 replies since June 09 2004, 16:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net