Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tr3s LunasII?, Whatizit?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
fancydress Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 26 2003, 19:00

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new here so sorry if this was discussed before - but what's this "Tr3s Lunas II" album one can find on the Internet with songs like "Rebirth Tunnel", "Requiem To The Sky", "Redwings" et al.? Is it "legal", "regular" - or...?

Thanx in advance
fd
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2003, 02:58

It's a remix of tunes ripped from the MVR game (*), so it's probably what's called 'unathorized copy' on the disk.
Almost like playing MVR, just better, since you don't have the long breaks between the good parts, and they last longer..
OTOH, I myself already paid for both the CD _and_ the full game, so I don't feel guilty for having downloaded the MVR II MP3's.
(added Jan 28 13:27:26:)
(*)which, just in case, was of course not meant to say anything against MusicallyInspired's work, who IMHO did a really great job - e.g. by fixing the much-too-early fading out of the background loop on the moon, or revealing the 'lost final music'...
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 27 2003, 18:27

I arranged and mixed Tr3s Lunas II. I made it with the intentions of bringing the music of Music VR to those who can't play the game and hear it (such as Mac users).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Jan. 28 2003, 05:28

And you did an amazing job.  :D Solar System and Snow Cavern Flight have a worthy place in my Best of Mike Oldfield list.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2003, 10:38

Hi all,
      i recently downloaded all the tracks for tre3 lunas II and i have to say i was blown away, this is what tre3 lunas should have been! i'm not knocking the original album, i love it, but on reflection i think that the music from the game is more " chill out" than the album, also the mixing is superb, so i bow down before you musically inspired! hehe ;)
maybe mike should thank you for making his excellent music into a full album, i would have paid good money for it, cant wait for your mixes of the tube world music! lol see ya! :cool:

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 20 2003, 10:53

Don't bow before me! lol It's all Mike's music after all (Also, /\/\arcus did a quite excellent mixing job of his "Return To The Origin" MusicVR album). All I did was some simple mixing with the digital audio editor Goldwave. Thank you for yuor kind words, though.

As for Tube World mixes, I'd gladly do some *IF* all the tunes aren't already in an album or something (ie- If it uses all music from the Tubular Bells re-recording). If it has new music, then I'd be happy to do it because those with MAC computers, unless something has changed, or no computer at all won't be able to enjoy the music.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2003, 13:57

Me again!
            I think that if the tube world use's the music from the re release then it would be a bit of a rip off, but im sure that wont happen :/
also can i sya how cool it is to finally talk to people who understand why i think that mike is the best, i tend to feel a bit isolated, dunno maybe it's just me, the only person in my family that kind of understands is my dad as it's his fault i got in to mike all those years ago (21 to be precise, and i'm only 27 now!;) but i feel a little more freedom to talk to people about his music and forthcoming projects now, thanks everyone! :D  :D  

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Mige Iranzo Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2003, 17:13

Brandon, you can count on me again for doing the cover of "your" Tube World album... (if you finally do that) :)

--------------
ßøîñG ßøøM T§¢Hãk
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Mar. 20 2003, 23:21

Well, welcome to the group, bugular tell! I think most of us if not all have the same similar story to tell. Only the VERY SELECT FEW people I let listen to MO understand and love it.

Also, thanks for the offer, Mige Iranzo! You would have been the first on my list to ask to make a cover for anyway :)!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2003, 23:53

Oh cool, that would be great if you were able to do another Tube World album like Tres Lunas II!

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
9 replies since Jan. 26 2003, 19:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net