Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 'Tr3s Lunas' and 'To Be Free' Release Dates< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 13 2002, 20:10

According to the Official Mike Oldfield Information Service, 'Tr3s Lunas' will be released on July 1 in UK and on June 3 in the rest of Europe. It might be released in US. 'To Be Free' will be released in Europe on May 27, but not in UK. If it's successful, French, German, and Spanish versions (already recorded) will be released.
Profile PM 
DavidB Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 13 2002, 21:31

.......Yes.

At this point we all know this. That is something we all in Spain alredy know, also some other overseas fans.

To the "Oficcial Information Service":
Let´s wait some really "news" in the future(not the ones we alredy know)!!!
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: May 13 2002, 22:34

Ummmm... according to Paul at DS, Mike has planned a "WORLD-WIDE" release of the album. Last time I checked the United States was part of the world... or am I just wishing upon a star!? wink

I'm holding Paul to that statement in hopes that WEA might ACTUALLY do something beneficial for Mike's career, instead of sitting on their rear!!

AS I have said MANY MANY TIMES BEFORE... there is a market for Mike in the US other than Tubular Bells... and lets hope that he ONLY releases the re-release of that overseas... please don't release that one in America... we are already far too familiar with that and nothing else!!

Anyhoo... Mike please make the right decision... give America another chance with your music. THANK YOU! smile

Take it easy

- Christopher
Profile PM 
mirwais57 Offline

Posted: May 14 2002, 04:17

when will it be realeased in Australia????

i want it very badly. if it will not be realeased in australia then i will have to wait a few more months and pay a lot extra to order it over from thr UK, and I don't want that at all.

--------------
http://www.mp3.com/57_13/
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/57_ttpo_13/

NB: Avatar = Mirwais himself.
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: May 14 2002, 05:47

This information was available on www.mikeoldfield.org some time ago, but was updated yesterday with news of the UK release date, as it will be of interest to fans in the UK.

We also felt fans would like to know about the different language versions of To Be Free.

Chris Dewey
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: May 14 2002, 07:54

In Sweden the album eill be released on 10th of june according to a local CD-store. I forgot to ask about any release of the single To be free.

*running and ask them*

Wonder why Sweden has to wait a week longer then the rest of Europe? Still it is three weeks earlier then in UK. I feel sorry for you guys over there.

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
blues Offline

Posted: May 14 2002, 10:42

"if it is successful"...
i dont know if it will be successful but personally i don't like a lot the "To Be Free" single... but (you know) i will buy it anyway just because there's "mike oldfield" written on it :-)
i hope in the rest of the album :-)
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: May 14 2002, 13:25

MVR and Tr3s Lunas being released in the UK is all well and good... and of course to be expected... but a US release... that has been unheard of since Voyager... for which Mike was up for a Grammy... as we all remember. So that album couldn't have done TOO poorly in the States!

Personally I am not interested in the rest of world... since Mike and the record company have seen fit for the past 6 years to NOT include the US in his releases! frown

No offense meant towards the rest of the world!

Just release the bloody thing here in the States and be done with it... and don't take forever... I'm not that patient! wink

Take it easy you all

- Christopher
Profile PM 
Melomaniac Offline

Posted: May 14 2002, 14:32

I think Mike would like to release all his music everywhere in the world and the rest of the galaxy. I suposse it´s a question of records companies, they have been loosing interest in Mike´s music for the last years. If not, how can we explain the fact of Mike having signed for a filial like Warner Spain or only releasing the different language versions if "it´s suscesful"? In my oppinion, it´s obvious they don´t dare to stake their money and that´s a pity.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: May 14 2002, 19:09

'Tr3s Lunas' will be released on July 1 in UK

Wow Thanks.... only a month after everyone has heard it.Mikes own country should get it atleast the same time as everyone else...........oh dear
christopher Offline

Posted: May 14 2002, 21:59

If memory serves me... which it may not be doing at this particular moment... but if it is... didn't Virigin fail to promote Mike properly during a great deal of his time there?

Warner is a very fickle company... only interested in money. It's own cartoons "Animaniacs" and "Tiny Toons" used to make fun of them for being so money hungry! Hence why they have so many boy and girl bands running lose... record execs don't usually know what music is... only the green paper that pores in when an album sells!!!

"2 B Free" is a perfect single 2 B released in the States at the Summer time (THIS SUMMER MICHAEL!!) It is upbeat and catchy... a good summer-time song! smile Hell it would make a good theme song for an airline commercial wink

A MESSAGE TO WEA: If you don't take risks then you aren't very good business people to begin with... only the "BEST" take risks whether they will win or loose!! wink Take a look at the company I work for "Southwest Airlines"... it was a big risk starting it and took a lot to get it off the ground in the 70's... but they managed... and today it is the most successful airline in the industry! Just food for thought wink

- Christopher

Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 15 2002, 01:38

Yes, sadly they don't feel like taking risks - hence their concentrating on Spain, a market in which they shouldn't have too much trouble whipping up enthusiasm for the album.

Though there may be a good reason for the differing release dates, it doesn't seem terribly impressive to me that a company like Warner can't manage to co-ordinate a single worldwide release date.

For those interested, Tres Lunas can be pre-ordered from amazon.de (and probably some other online stores too), who will deliver worldwide.
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: May 15 2002, 10:57

What the hell!? why was the final date pushed back again?!?!?! i thought MVR & Tres Lunas were coming out on May 27th?!?!?! UGH!!!

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: May 15 2002, 19:19

July 1st?

ooh, BUGGER!!!

Oliver, waiting patiently...

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
13 replies since May 13 2002, 20:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net