Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Top 10 Bound< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
simmo2005 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 05 2014, 11:22

MOTR looks set for no.7 new entry according to the midweek update - see a few paragraphs down Here
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 05 2014, 11:38

Wow  :O

That is pretty darn impressive if it does manage that. I also noted in the article you link to they say "...his first back-to-back Top 10 studio albums since 1983..." which would make it all the more impressive!

Commercial success will hopefully make it all the more likely that Mikes enthusiasm continues to that possible intrumental album he's mentioned. Bring it on ;)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 05 2014, 12:38

Quote (Matt @ Mar. 05 2014, 08:38)
Wow  :O

That is pretty darn impressive if it does manage that. I also noted in the article you link to they say "...his first back-to-back Top 10 studio albums since 1983..." which would make it all the more impressive!

Commercial success will hopefully make it all the more likely that Mikes enthusiasm continues to that possible intrumental album he's mentioned. Bring it on ;)

Wouldn't it be the opposite? If songs are popular he is going to make more of them until he make unpopular ones and then tries something different with long instrumentals and so on so forth. e.g. Islands -> Earth Moving -> Amarok -> Heaven's Open -> and at this point of the algorithm we reached a singularity and success could only come from a TB thing
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 05 2014, 16:05

Quote (Olivier @ Mar. 05 2014, 17:38)
Quote (Matt @ Mar. 05 2014, 08:38)

Wouldn't it be the opposite? If songs are popular he is going to make more of them until he make unpopular ones and then tries something different with long instrumentals and so on so forth. e.g. Islands -> Earth Moving -> Amarok -> Heaven's Open -> and at this point of the algorithm we reached a singularity and success could only come from a TB thing

Damn, your logic unfortunately makes sense  :laugh: I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for the instrumental. Mind you, I'm really enjoying MOTR at the moment so am not exactly going to complain if Mike changes tack and does another set of songs!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 08 2014, 08:04

It'd make a difference if I were the hub of a thriving social network and, in the light of my enlightened arguments, some people went out and bought Man on the Rocks - but I'm an army of one and I won't be aiding this assault on the higher echelons of the sales figures.  I came back from holiday, where money flowed freely, to an unexpected bill.  The full consequences weren't immediately apparent so I obviously regret the £10 I ventured on the gaming machines in local bookmakers - the more so because sampling one new game saw me up by £60, before another debutant swallowed the lot, and if I had remembered even for a second which week it was, I would have stopped the rot at +£20.  Ah well.  No sense in joining the Facebook group now; Caroline will block me when it turns out that we were one sale short of the album above! :laugh:

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
4 replies since Mar. 05 2014, 11:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net