Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: To be Free Spanish Version, According to who?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Manny Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 18 2002, 09:35

I've just received "Thou Art in Heaven - The Remixes" through the mail.   I had some expectation to listen "To be free" in spanish, sorry fellas, it is not so.  They only translated the spoken park (very bad indeed since it does not rhyme most of the time) and the rest is from the original english version.  The same happens to the French and German versions. I'd rather prefer to have not this version at all.  Mind you, I'm not blaming Mike since I think he did not made this version.
By the way, the remixes of Thou Art in Heaven aren't so good either, I liked more the To be free ones.
Profile PM 
fary Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2002, 17:58

Yes i´m spanish and think that this version is very bad. Complete sigle THOU ART IN HEAVEN with 3 languge versions of to be free is avaliable in http://members.fortunecity.es/oldfieldvr/
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 26 2002, 07:37

ive said it in a couple other places, but i loved the Radio Edit of Thou Art In Heaven cuz it has the old awesome powerful drums from Berlin 2000. avent heard the TBF languages yet. never bothered.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2002, 19:48

I agree Musically inspired - I love the Radio edit of TAIH for the same reasons - the throbbing, powerful drums - still better in video version IMHO!!!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Sep. 18 2002, 09:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net