Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: To Be Free - mix, Pumpin' Dolls To The Top Mix< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 11 2002, 02:28

so i'm on the internet, checkin out mp3s and stuff and i'm downloading TL tracks (CD-ROM is currently on the fritz so i can't listen to the CD on the computer, and can't burn the tracks onto the harddrive, so had to "napster-ize" them).

anyways, i see this song called "To Be Free [Pumpin' Dolls To The Top Mix]" interesting. someone remixed TBF and it's kinda different. i don't know who did it. it's 9:29 long and i think a little more exciting than the original or the [radio edit]. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be all fast-paced and almost euro-style, but it's a neat twist (much like the mixes of LTBL - i still think those are cool, even though i'm a fan of the original as well).

anyone know who made this mix?

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
iancampbell79 Offline

Posted: July 11 2002, 05:12

The mix is done by Pumpin' Dolls (hence the name).  I think that they are a spanish outfit.  This track appears as one of the remixes on the TBF single.
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: July 11 2002, 06:19

The mix on radio formulas is an edit of this mix...

...it´s a pity that pumpin´dolls mixes Mike Oldfield... I want the orb again!!!

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 22:33

Where on the web I can find a place to download all the remixes from the To Be Free single? :/

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 22:47

I found the one mentioned by TBills at Kazaa.

And I too would like to know where to find the rest.

(I don't think telling this would hurt Mike SINCE IT'S NOT FOR SALE HERE  :(  )

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2002, 06:48

Quote (jael @ July 31 2002, 23:47)
I found the one mentioned by TBills at Kazaa.

This version is the one one I´ve got,besides the original and the radio edit... :(

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2002, 22:03

No reason to be angry with me.
How was I to know you already got that one.

Still awaiting further info.....

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
6 replies since July 11 2002, 02:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net