Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The three stones, What are they for?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Manny Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 03 2002, 19:18

There are three stones (with rings inside) around the cactus zone. One is yellow, another green and the other seems red. They dissapear when you touch them but there's a sound (the magic sound I guess) when you do it and then your point of view get fixed as if viewing something. Until last night I thought it was the same stone changing colors each time you touch it but I could touch the three of them in a row.   Does anyone know what are they for?.  By the way, I still can't find the third diamond ring and the bombastic alternate ending, any clues?
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Sep. 04 2002, 03:29

looks like the stones are supposed to guide you to the crab ring - having picked up all three, you get the firefly tinkle sound (like in the owl cave or volcano), have a limited world and loose access to most items, except for the origin, the crab ring and the moon tree (and the horse turns white when you get close).
w.r.t. the special ending - I'm still a little sceptic about it... though I also found some hints on the web about places I would probably have never found myself..
Andreas
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Sep. 04 2002, 05:10

Thinking about it - it would be consistent if there were similar hints (like the RGB stones - btw. they are red, green and blue) for the tree and shell rings - has anyone found something ?
Profile PM WEB 
Manny
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 04 2002, 13:24

Thanks, Andreas.  Well, the colors made more sense: red + green + blue = white (according to computer graphics).  Also, there something else near the ring (to the right) but I can't see what it is, but sometimes when I pass over it again my point of view remains locked around it.   So it seems it's a neverending story.   Also found very annoying that Sally tells "too many rings" when you have three of them, so you go and get rid of one of them in the fountain and, can't believe it, you're given another ring! ¡¡??
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2002, 17:39

Neverending story, indeed. I just by accident got locked to the blue dragonfly (well, I'd rather call it an ant queen) that's buzzing around at the origin and managed to get the ring off its back (though that's bloody hard, you got to hit right on the spot).
I also somehow managed to make the seagull take me to turtle island with just two rings (no bush/sprite/stonehenge) and thus get the 'art in heaven' ride with just three rings. Maybe because I hit the disc cloud and the boomerang swarm before, which also gave that 'magic chime', and then picked up the seagull. Or maybe because I've already been through to the end once before and returned to the origin.
Hitting the cloud/boomerangs/pink sprite apparently also lit up the yellow firefly swarms indicating the tree/crab/shell rings.
Profile PM WEB 
iancampbell79 Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2002, 07:25

I have managed to get to tutle island with two rings as well.  I seemed to be able to recreate it by:

1.  Get two rings (from anywhere)
2.  Lock onto the seagull which is flying about
3.  When you are near stonehenge dive straight down towards it.  The seagull appears and takes you to turtle island.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Sep. 03 2002, 19:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net