Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Sunday Times: Ringing the change< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 28 2007, 20:45

The Sunday Times has published an article in which Mike Oldfield is interviewed about the Gloucestershire property he is selling.

Thanks, Ratty.

en español
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 28 2007, 22:42

This makes more sense than just the smoking ban really.Other factors has just lead him to move this time,so here they are on this article.

Nice to see Mike's pic,it does show he has enjoying his new life in Spain  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Oct. 29 2007, 03:07

Good article. I particularly like one of the closing sentences "Perhaps it is too much to expect highly creative people to be 100% consistent..."

:D

Good also to hear that the bubba
(named Eugene, expected in January) seems to be fine as far as we can tell.

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
gbcrvh Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2007, 03:30

Very nice explanation and does makes sense to me.
Profile PM WEB 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2007, 06:31

Mike Oldfield’s new album, Music of the Spheres, is released in February 2008

February now ? :/

Perhaps they could release a single of 'On my Heart' at the end of January/early February... with a heart made up out of spheres as cover... Valentine's day, you know  ;)

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2007, 06:41

Yes, I'm sure this was stipulated before... there being more than one reason. I think people have latched onto the smoking ban as the primary reason because it appears to be one of the most controversial topics of our current social climate here in the UK.

Like Alan D said in the other thread recently, It's never as simple as it's made out to be.

Looking at another side of it, I think Mike's always been an adventurer. He's explored many places in his music, always being different. I think its hard to imagine someone who's creative impulses are changeable to be tied down by the restrictive atmosphere of the UK right now (I know because I feel fairly restricted at times, and I'd say in this regard I feel the same as him)

Unfortunately though, I have not the capability to go and live on an island somewhere (although if I did, i'd be gone!;)

How much do you think it'd be to put a virgin media cable connection out to a small island off Mauritius?  :D

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2007, 10:14

I think the picture and the comment at the end of the piece says it all to me...He looks like a guy on holiday.Probablly holding a cigarette schoolboy style in the back of his right hand as well....It`s ok Mike you are in Spain you`ve got nothing to be ashamed of.  

I can`t blame him at all though,looks beautiful. Having said that it`s a nice crisp autumnal day back here in England.And I`m about to take my dog out for a walk through the woods,on the way to pick my son up from school.No doubt the three of us will kick our way through the leaves coming back as well.As the sun glints through the bare sillhouttes of trees...No CCTV...No speed cameras..And nobody telling me not to smoke. Got to make the most of it,who knows it could rain tomorrow.

Seriously though I  hope he enjoys his stay out there.Be sure to send us some postcards Mike.Preferably musical ones.     :D
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 29 2007, 13:08

According to this spanish forum,the pic was taken in Palma de Mallorca,where one of the members of the forum lives and has seen Mike a while ago on the area.

People can be very sensible regarding to how the weather can influence on their mood and life.Where I live here in Brazil,in one day you can have sun,cold and rain,you don't know what's is next really.And sometimes the effects of all those weather changes can be a real disaster...

What I do care if Mike is happy and confortable on his own skin on this new phase on his life.And the picture does show it off for me  :)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2007, 16:10

Well, looks like Mike is back near his Ibiza house! Maybe he can visit Michael Cretu more often... hope those two will join up in a project someday!

The article explains the fact why Mike has seven children, which we saw in an article a couple of months ago!

I'm just wondering when Mike will be back in the UK! ;)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
ingresman Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2007, 13:11

Perhaps he's Don Alfonso !
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2007, 18:26

Quote (Dirk Star @ Oct. 29 2007, 15:14)
Be sure to send us some postcards Mike.Preferably musical ones.     :D

Actually, if they're musical, lets hope he sends some old masters. In musical terms, Mr Oldfield is better at the portraits than the post cards.
Profile PM 
Quicksilver Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2007, 14:20

Mike, we hope to see you appear more often on the spanish media  ;)
Profile PM 
jeremyroberts Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2007, 21:10

Quote (ProjectZ @ Oct. 29 2007, 06:31)
Mike Oldfield’s new album, Music of the Spheres, is released in February 2008

February now ? :/

Perhaps they could release a single of 'On my Heart' at the end of January/early February... with a heart made up out of spheres as cover... Valentine's day, you know  ;)

oh no please... anything but this!  :/
Profile PM 

Posted: Jan. 13 2008, 14:16

I've just read on Amarok list,from list member Alex:

In today's Mail On Sunday, Section 2, age 28, there's a one and a half page
thing about Mike giving up Britain and moving to Spain.

Any further details on that article?

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
13 replies since Oct. 28 2007, 20:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net