Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: the sound of too boo lar bells< Next Oldest | Next Newest >

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 11 2001, 14:50

I agree, the 'too-boo-lar' bit sounds a little odd. BUT, I've always thought the way she says 'bells' is very dramatic and leads into the last section of the album perfectly.
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 31 2002, 06:45

Just imagine if you heard it without the little girl. It would definately be missing something, and would just sound odd. I agree that it does add something to the piece, and is also one of the few links to the first two Tubular Bells albums.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 11:11

Very true. it would sound really empty without her voice there. I've always liked that phrase and it still gives me the chills sometimes.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
LivingForever Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2003, 07:51

Oh yeah, Far Above The Clouds is perfect - I nearly cry just thinking about it actually...

I remember thinking it was very sad actually, like a fairytale about a man with a wonderful gift (of music), who wasn't appreciated or understood, so he packed up his things and left...

The little girl's voice fits the fairytale element to it perfectly, and the 'except for the sound of tubular bells' followed by the searing guitar solo has got to be one of the best moments of Mike's music overall.

James

--------------
http://giggingforever.blogspot.co.uk
Profile PM 
Ricardo
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 29 2003, 07:29

I really want to play Outcast on my guitar. If theres anyone that has the tab for Outcast could u please send it me.
Its one of the best guitar songs to learn, if u play guitar.

Thanks.
Big Evil
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 29 2003, 07:32

Outcast is the best song on Tubular Bells III. I play guitar and i have just started out. I really want to play outcast. It seems fairly simple and if anyone has the tab please send it me. Please.Please.Please.

Email. richie_smith_@hotmail.com
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2005, 11:09

Outcast is excellent but for me it belongs to Guitars not TBIII, the last few tracks are my favourite, TOTM, Moonwatch, Secrets and of course FATC!  :)

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2005, 11:34

"Outcast" is the child of Piltdown Man/Altered State and "Sunjammer" from previous TB versions. I think it fits.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2005, 12:18

it is true that it's the second most tubular bells based tune seeing as it has the 'out demon out' referring to the Excorcist and similar guitar playing to altered state but the really great rocky bit doesn't fit too well with earlier and later tracks.

--------------
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2005, 11:18

One of my favourite bits of having the little girls voice is the repeated bit 'far, far, far above, far above the clouds' sounds quite cool IMO  :)

This bit about the man in the rain picking up his bag of secrets is odd and her voice is abit tooo childlike but without that the rest wouldn't make sense!

I also like how Mike timed her speech to start at 1.10 and for the bell DONG to come in at 1.20, just proves he is an ultra perfectionist and sound master!  :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Cinos Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 14:44

I love this track. At first I thought the child sample was stupid, but now I realize it fits in very well. Damnit, this whole thing is the clost a track has ever brought me to crying.  :D
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2005, 22:02

Quote (Cinos @ Aug. 28 2005, 13:44)
I love this track. At first I thought the child sample was stupid, but now I realize it fits in very well. Damnit, this whole thing is the clost a track has ever brought me to crying.  :D

YES!

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
31 replies since Oct. 21 2000, 05:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net