Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Song Five Miles Out a Connection to Taurus 2?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tubular Cobra Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 15 2002, 11:53

About From 1:10 to 1:20  and agian 1:44 to 1:55 In the Song Five Miles Out It Sounds Like The Same Part On Taurus 2 that appears i Belive it is 0:17 or 0:29. And i think it Comes out agian in More Parts tho.

--------------
ooo! Look at my Pretty Black Stripes! :D and btw - Mike Oldfield Ownz You!(Well Not Really)
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2002, 16:49

Yes, there is a connection. In fact Taurus II came before all the songs, so it's logical that the title track has some connections to it. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2003, 06:36

I've noticed the same thing several times... I've been meaning to listen to the album really closely at some point to try to find out if there are parts lifted from other songs on the album as well on Five Miles Out (the song!). The idea of the last song of the album revisiting all the earlier ones greatly appeals to me. I am quite sure it's the same guitar part than on Taurus II, and towards the end of the song you can hear the words 'Mount Teidi, Teidi' repeated over and over again.
Profile PM WEB 
2 replies since Sep. 15 2002, 11:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net