Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Shining Ones, and Underwater Castle< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 25 2009, 06:42

I've just given TSODE another listen - what a terrific record it is too (with the exception of "A New Beginning" and aspects of "Only Time Will Tell"). But for some reason I never noticed how similar the mood, rhythm etc of "The Shining Ones" are to "Underwater Castle" from Tres Lunas II. Clearly MO has definite ideas and feelings about the underwater realm - hence the similar pieces of music.
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Sep. 20 2010, 20:13

Would be nice to have an underwater based new album from Mike. Now he's is bahamas he could do something similar to what Pink Floyd did on 1971.

By the way - 'Echoes', starting with the sonar of a submarine, the most sublime track ever made by Pink Floyd, along with 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond'.

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Sep. 20 2010, 20:56

Quote (Delfín @ Sep. 20 2010, 20:13)
Would be nice to have an underwater based new album from Mike. Now he's is bahamas he could do something similar to what Pink Floyd did on 1971.

By the way - 'Echoes', starting with the sonar of a submarine, the most sublime track ever made by Pink Floyd, along with 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond'.

The clever thing about both TSODE and "Echoes" is that they both make space and the sea seem indistinguishable.
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Sep. 20 2010, 21:07

I would agree, but I do.

--------------
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Sep. 20 2010, 21:08

Could we say the same about some places in 'Incantations'???

--------------
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 20 2010, 22:12

Quote (nightspore @ Sep. 21 2010, 10:56)
Quote (Delfín @ Sep. 20 2010, 20:13)

The clever thing about both TSODE and "Echoes" is that they both make space and the sea seem indistinguishable.

I don't think the space/underwater translates with all such pieces
Jarre's waiting for Coostow :D for example
But I agree with the two mentioned
Profile PM 
5 replies since Nov. 25 2009, 06:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net