Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (11) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Quotable TubularBoard, (the joy of quoting out of context)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 28 2007, 12:06

Quote (Sweetpea @ Aug. 28 2007, 11:35)
Once you're caught, we don't actually cook you on a spit. We just poke you for a while with spears.

Sweetpea (I kind of miss that letter 'a' now it's gone), you're actually saying quotable original things within the quotable thread!!! How do we cope with that?
Profile PM 
Jesse Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2007, 12:56

one cannot cope, we can only admire in silence and bow our heads
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2007, 04:31

If he had said "I'd rather be on horseback" somewhere in the "Five Miles Out" lyrics, that would have been great. - hiawatha

that is the best line since "Shot 6 Times by her manager Ron" - hiawatha

it would have been nice to have an actual description of her foreign affair - The Bell(end)

Let's not talk about the lyrics. - Sir Mustapha

this post's existence suggests my silence is purely hypothetical - Alan D

There's a ton of news you've missed out on including, and in no particular order, Mike goes to toilet, Mike washes dishes, Mike sits down to read book, Mike goes for swim. Most of this was reported months ago and was heavily debated over and deconstructed  by myself, Alan D, Sir Mustapha , Korgscrew and various others. Opinions varied hugely with me personally feeling Mike's second visit to the toilet was nothing but a blatant cash in on his first, added nothing to the experience and seemed  like unreserved attention seeking. - TOBY

my life is going to change after getting to know this important "news"? NOPE! - Tati The Sentinel

Bernard Hermann's soundtrack to "Psycho" is one of the most accomplished pieces of film music in history but I wouldn't blast it through my subwoofers cruising down the freeway. - Wanderer

if mike had chosen to film a tractor digging a hole in the ground as visuals for the album we would have liked it and said 'mike is breaking new ground! it is deep' - QE3

If no-one of you out there likes ABBA, please don't attack me. - Ugo

I do secretly like TresLunas - TOBY

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Aug. 30 2007, 16:36

Great thread Sweetpea.

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2007, 17:29

Quote (Sweetpea @ Aug. 30 2007, 09:31)
There's a ton of news you've missed out on including, and in no particular order, Mike goes to toilet, Mike washes dishes, Mike sits down to read book, Mike goes for swim. Most of this was reported months ago and was heavily debated over and deconstructed  by myself, Alan D, Sir Mustapha , Korgscrew and various others. Opinions varied hugely with me personally feeling Mike's second visit to the toilet was nothing but a blatant cash in on his first, added nothing to the experience and seemed  like unreserved attention seeking. - TOBY

If there were a contest to find the wittiest post ever submitted on Tubular.net, this one of Toby's would be a very strong contender and would probably get my vote.
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2007, 17:53

Been on the lookout for quotable quotes since this thread started - most of my faves have already been posted here, but the following exchange really tickled me...

Sora -  written in a terrible english - sorry, it's not my fault!!!

PiltdownBoyOnHorseback - Just blame the English for this :D

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2007, 00:56

Tony, that made me laugh, too. I wonder what happened to PiltdownBoy. It appears he is a prolific poster, but I don't think he's been active lately?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2007, 04:40

Talking of usernames, I just recently realized "baggiesfaninessex" was supposed to be "baggies-fan-in-essex"! I never thought that "baggies-fanines-sex" made sense, but that's what I read. What's a "baggie" by the way? Something you have in Essex?
I'm quite sure there's no such thing as "fanines" though.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong but I can't seem to find the username thread.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2007, 08:26

A baggie is a supporter of West Brom Albion football club,  this baggie happens to reside in Essex. May I also say to be a Baggie you need patience, a high tolerance for dissapointment, an iron will, something at hand to throw at the wall and last but not least a good sense of humour.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2007, 09:04

Quote (larstangmark @ Sep. 02 2007, 08:40)
Talking of usernames, I just recently realized "baggiesfaninessex" was supposed to be "baggies-fan-in-essex"! I never thought that "baggies-fanines-sex" made sense, but that's what I read. What's a "baggie" by the way? Something you have in Essex?
I'm quite sure there's no such thing as "fanines" though.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong but I can't seem to find the username thread.

That's a point I wonder where Baggies Fan in Essex is, he's introduced me to some great new music :cool:  :) .
At first I thought his name  was "Baggins-fan-in-essex", as in a fan of Hobbits Bilbo and Frodo Baggins, and not a fan of Gollum , Nasty little Hobbitssesss My Preciousssss!!! Sorry just gone into my Lord Of The Rings fan mode there :cool:.

I know BFIE did explain how West Bromwich Albion FC maybe got their nickname of "The Baggies" , but that was a long time ago and I know PM's dissapear after a while.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 02 2007, 09:57

and again i feel abit stupid.  :p  :O
what is this topic about?
:D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2007, 01:22

I don't understand german at all, if u want to speak german, just create another topic. >=| However I'm french and I'd rather speak in french... but many people wouldn't understand me, so i speak in english... that's the point. - Ketal

So, you don't like this album? That's fine with me, but when you start talking about 'The end of a legend' you really are exagerating. - raven4x4x

I've never really understood why people use the word "suck" to indicate something bad. Anything that I can think of which involves a light suction should be quite pleasureful. - arron11196

For sheer, short, pithy, to-the-point-ness, 'Toe France' gets my vote for the best yet. But that doesn't stop me being proud of my series of discoveries within the Toebular Bells Toe and Toebular Toe003 albums, which I fully believe will give me the toehold on the ladder of Official Oldfield Stoedies that I've long been waiting for. - Alan D

I've been feeling guilty about not having one of those Avatar thingies for ages until a flash of inspiration. Cheese! - Matt

Well we've gone from feet to cheese, this is more like it. Although I don't have much to say on this subject, it would be strange if on your way back from the cheese shop you noticed your car was playing up, then almost spookely at the same time your feet started to give you problems and then you at no fault of your own, actually do suffer a motoring  brakedown , no phone and no money, wow things seem hopeless, BUT imagine the relief when the first person to stop to see if they can help is a Chiropodist, he could sort out your toes give you a tow and you could pay him in cheese. - The Big BellEnd

when it comes to cheese puns, you have to tread very caerphilly - ImAFoolAndImLaughing

Why did MO create a work comprised solely of guitars? So he could win the No-Bell prize. - Inkanta

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2007, 01:31

Tubularman, I remember seeing an old quote of yours concerning the "crack" someone had given you, saying it hadn't worked. I thought it was so funny, but I refrained because I didn't want to appear mean by poking fun at someone's typo. Err... it was supposed to be "track", right??

--------------
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2007, 02:58

I know BFIE did explain how West Bromwich Albion FC maybe got their nickname of "The Baggies" , but that was a long time ago and I know PM's dissapear after a while.

This (doesn't) explains it all...

http://www.baggies.com/faq/#BAGGIES

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2007, 15:39

Quote (Sweetpea @ Sep. 05 2007, 01:22)
I don't understand german at all, if u want to speak german, just create another topic. >=| However I'm french and I'd rather speak in french... but many people wouldn't understand me, so i speak in english... that's the point. - Ketal

So, you don't like this album? That's fine with me, but when you start talking about 'The end of a legend' you really are exagerating. - raven4x4x

I've never really understood why people use the word "suck" to indicate something bad. Anything that I can think of which involves a light suction should be quite pleasureful. - arron11196

For sheer, short, pithy, to-the-point-ness, 'Toe France' gets my vote for the best yet. But that doesn't stop me being proud of my series of discoveries within the Toebular Bells Toe and Toebular Toe003 albums, which I fully believe will give me the toehold on the ladder of Official Oldfield Stoedies that I've long been waiting for. - Alan D

I've been feeling guilty about not having one of those Avatar thingies for ages until a flash of inspiration. Cheese! - Matt

Well we've gone from feet to cheese, this is more like it. Although I don't have much to say on this subject, it would be strange if on your way back from the cheese shop you noticed your car was playing up, then almost spookely at the same time your feet started to give you problems and then you at no fault of your own, actually do suffer a motoring  brakedown , no phone and no money, wow things seem hopeless, BUT imagine the relief when the first person to stop to see if they can help is a Chiropodist, he could sort out your toes give you a tow and you could pay him in cheese. - The Big BellEnd

when it comes to cheese puns, you have to tread very caerphilly - ImAFoolAndImLaughing

Why did MO create a work comprised solely of guitars? So he could win the No-Bell prize. - Inkanta

I love the one about the caerphilly, I must spread that one about, Oh by the way I forgot to mention the Depeche Mode classic; Personal Cheesus.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2007, 23:28

This Quote-o-rama section is AB FAB  :laugh:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2007, 15:27

Quote (Sweetpea @ Sep. 02 2007, 05:56)
Tony, that made me laugh, too. I wonder what happened to PiltdownBoy. It appears he is a prolific poster, but I don't think he's been active lately?

He has been very busy, We chat quite often, Don't worry, He hasn't forgotten about this place ;)

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2007, 01:03

Thanks for the update, jonnyw. It can be worrisome when a regular poster disappears for an extended period, so it's nice to hear that Piltdownboy is okay. :)

I have two categories for music, Mike's and everyone else’s. - The Watcher

Interesting though the technical side is, when push comes to shove, I don't care whether Mike makes his music using a battery-powered plastic banjo, as long as it touches my soul - Alan D

stop listening to it right now, go and bury it somewhere.......... ...........Reason being, when you've suffered this album too much, you start to enjoy it........That's right, you'll start to like it...... It's insidious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - The Man who is He..

the first time I saw the Babooshka video I had to be towelled down - The Big BellEnd

--------------
Profile PM 
Amarok of Distant Earth Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2007, 13:37

Quote (Alan D @ Aug. 12 2007, 15:32)
Quotes by Sweatpea (just to balance things up a bit):

1. About Amarok:

Whenever I get to the big climax at 50:24 I get such an urge to shout "W00T!!" and start a 'wave' (yes, I'm a nerd) - unfortunately, that doesn't work very well with one person.

2. About her slight preference for Tr3s Lunas:

Wow! *kisses Tres Lunas* Wow wow wow.

3. About Music VR and road safety:

put me on a pink guitar, and WATCH OUT.

4. About the importance of moderation for a Mike Oldfield fan:

it would be a small matter to build a little MO shrine

you know, ive always thought about doing a wave at the climax of Amarok,...you see there are 2 mains albums im obsessed with (can you guess which ones?)
Profile PM 
Amarok of Distant Earth Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2007, 13:41

also, i read somewhere in this site saying something about Mike should do a concert for his new CD, and someone said something about him playing outside in the freezing cold,....just for the record, i read an interview with Mike and he said that he will never do an indoor concert due to bad acoustics. so if you go to a concert in January,..bring a coat. :)
Profile PM 
203 replies since Aug. 12 2007, 05:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (11) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net