Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (11) < ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Quotable TubularBoard, (the joy of quoting out of context)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 12 2009, 18:20

I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now. - clotty

Mike Oldfield is Mike Oldfield and even that's debateable - hairy old hippy

Living in the USA(Texas to be more accurate) does not provide a lot of MO info or enthusiasm. You don't hear much about biker rallys where "Crises" is going to be the featured music. - Scatterplot

My biggest gripe is that Mike hasn't toured Australia since five years before I was born. - raven4x4x

Right, I'm going to lighten up now and move on to the canned goods section - wiga

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2009, 22:52

Quote (Alan D @ Aug. 16 2007, 04:28)
Quote (ImAFoolAndImLaughing @ Aug. 16 2007, 08:50)
It's worth checking out if you like minimalist music with repetitive variations.
Tony, could you say that again, please, but slightly differently?

:cool: a chucle a day keeps the blues away! get your feel good fix everyday by logging in to tubularnet and chat to your universe of mates
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2009, 19:07

Quote (Sweetpea @ Jan. 12 2009, 09:20)
My biggest gripe is that Mike hasn't toured Australia since five years before I was born. - raven4x4x

He was here in the early 80's as you all know but he also did a promotional tour in 92/93 for TBII which unfortunately he did not perform. Surely you were born then?

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2009, 20:18

Wow, I didn't know that. Yes, I was born then, but I certainly hadn't heard of Mike's music.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2009, 04:08

Quote (larstangmark @ Sep. 02 2007, 04:40)
Talking of usernames, I just recently realized "baggiesfaninessex" was supposed to be "baggies-fan-in-essex"! I never thought that "baggies-fanines-sex" made sense, but that's what I read. What's a "baggie" by the way? Something you have in Essex? I'm qui

Could be cockney rhyming slang but dont quote me on it, deb
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2009, 04:22

Baggies is West Bromwich Albion Football Club.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2009, 04:36

Quote (ex member 419 @ Mar. 10 2009, 10:08)
Talking of usernames, I just recently realized "baggiesfaninessex" was supposed to be "baggies-fan-in-essex"! I never thought that "baggies-fanines-sex" made sense, but that's what I read. What's a "baggie" by the way? Something you have in Essex? I'm qui

Well, I seem to remember someone once misread it as "baggins fanny sex"...
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2009, 10:01

We're getting a bit hobbit obsessed here guys. :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2009, 18:51

Quote (TubularBelle @ Feb. 15 2009, 19:07)
Quote (Sweetpea @ Jan. 12 2009, 09:20)
He was here in the early 80's as you all know but he also did a promotional tour in 92/93 for TBII whi

He was in oz in the 80s and i didnt even know who he was back then, bugger....a spunky randy englishman in sydney and he flew under my radar...deb
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2009, 09:32

Obsessed with Hobbitsesss I don't think so My Precioussss  :)  :D

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2009, 10:57

Quote (Holger @ Mar. 10 2009, 09:36)
Quote (ex member 419 @ Mar. 10 2009, 10:08)

Well, I seem to remember someone once misread it as "baggins fanny sex"...

It ain`t called Lord of The Rings for nowt!..

Makes you wonder what else went down at Bilbo`s One Hundred and Eleventieth birthday bash?..I mean I can`t really envisage a leather clad Hobbit Stripogram or anything but I guess you never know?..Do female Hobbits have big hairy feet as well,or do they use the middle earth equivilant of Veet or something?..I tell you what if they leave it all "Au Naturale" and everything,this is one freaked out screwed up niche market were talking about here and no mistake.Yeah count me out matey boy,I don`t even want to think about it...Aaaargh too late.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2009, 13:51

Wellsir, some of them thar elven babes in that thar flick(s) was kinda cute. I think me and Liv Tyler could be friends. Play chess on those lonely graveyard shifts. Then she could introduce me to her daddy and I could listen to stories about hotels they trashed and what an honor it was to narrate Led Zep's documentary.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2009, 22:37

I wouldn't care if Mike was a twenty-five-tentacled mass of puss that had to spit chunks of mucus at his guitar in order to make music - as long as the music he produced was beautiful. - smillsoid
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Oct. 28 2009, 16:02

Quote (ex member 419 @ Mar. 10 2009, 08:08)

I'd probably change my username to tatithesentinelinessex.  :laugh:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2009, 06:39

Tati the SentinelinEssex has a nice ring to it! And the fact you are living there Tati!  Quote for the week...Some Days Are Roses, Sometimes they are weeds, Stevie Nicks. Deb
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Dec. 10 2009, 08:49

Sweetpea, I have only just noticed that you are using my quote as a footer. I am as honoured as an honoured thing with "honoured" stamped on its forehead.  :D

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2009, 08:56

I don't think Sweetpea is an active member any more. She hasn't posted for months.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2009, 10:00

That's a point.Where did she go?

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2009, 11:40

Yeah, I miss her......come back!

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2009, 03:56

Yes Sweetpea hasnt posted for ages. Miss your posts, not many females on this site, hope all is eyrie. Quote for the day- One Day At A Time Sweet Jesus, Thats all Im Asking of You.....each day is a battle for many leading up to Christmas. The lonely, loved ones lost or departed, and those of us Jim that grimace while others are filled with joy...its b... Hell. Peace and love to anyone enduring the season alone this year.
Profile PM 
203 replies since Aug. 12 2007, 05:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (11) < ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net