Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (11) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Quotable TubularBoard, (the joy of quoting out of context)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 04 2008, 14:54

The tubular.net team's decision will be final, and anyone whinging will be beaten mercilessly with a bent bell. - Korgscrew

Korgscrew why did it take you 2 hours to post? - leesonar

It's best to choose the colour of your curtains to match the tunes you most like to whistle. (It's called audioterior decorating.) - Alan D

Do it and reward yourself with hours of listening nirvana - arron11196

My sources suggest this will be a 69 minute long piece in 7 segments. Seven being based on the seven devine women of Khasi mythology and I've no idea where he got 69 from. - Matt

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2008, 14:23

I was shocked to see it not only released in Canada but also IN STORES on DISPLAY! - MusicallyInspired

I realised that Sweetpea (quite rightly) would be bound to say I was having another four-can moment. So I thought better of it and decided not to post - Alan D

you've been keeping that since November, haven't you? I know some may describe the composition of Music of the Spheres as being in the Tubular Bells mould, but that's just not right. - Korgscrew

Sell By dates are for losers - eggs can go months past and still be good, old bread makes croutons, and TB can be got out any time and enjoyed (and re-written) again and again - olracUK

For the record (and before anyone calls social services), I don't really force my kids to eat mouldy bread! However, when we feed out of date bread to the ducks, the kids do seem to eat more of it than the ducks do... - Matt

i force my kids to listen to Don Alfonso.You are not a bad Dad. - The Caveman

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2008, 15:32

We can run, but we can't hide, eh?
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2008, 03:16

My wife said Mike doesn't do much in this concert. She had the same harsh comments about Gimli the Dwarf of the Fellowship of the Ring. I think one of the X-Men was similarly criticized too. - Olivier

Could TSODE be a tonic for this type of nihilistic malaise? - Bassman

TSODE is a really positive, optimistic story, although the events do take place after the Earth has been destroyed due to the Sun exploding. - Harmono

If only he were famous in the USA! I wouldn't have to give such cryptic answers to people all the time! - Fox

expensive flights, epic train journeys and wandering (limping!)the streets of Bilbao in the rain at strange hours of the morning... All good fun! - BTH

You wake up with a tiny bit of an Oldfield tune going round in your head and systematically work through each album mentally to find where that bloody bit comes from.This sort of thing can ruin your day and eventually leeds to madness. - The Caveman

I had a period in my life where I prefixed everything with Tubular. I got some treatment and I'm feeling better now. - Olivier

That's what I like to see. Good solid obsessional neurosis first, then therapy later. - Alan D

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2008, 01:27

of course the forerunner to Taurus was Tubular Bulls.Which has certainly been something of a cash cow for Mike it has to be said. - Dirk Star

I often stick it in on mix CD's for my friends and then act like I don't know where the hell it came from or how it got there. - Bassman

Austin may be a music capital of the world, but you go out into the street yelling "Music of the Spheres is out!!", you probably will get your ass kicked hard. - Scatterplot

Nintendo-Wii style supply issues for Mike Oldfield - I love it - Matt

I shall have this.It shall br mine.Oh yes it shall be mine!!!!! - The Caveman

I was in Asda with my wife when I bought it,which meant I got the inevitable.."This better not be anything to do with Tubular Bells."comment from my better half.Heh heh luckily for me she decided to stay at the shops while I eagerly drove home alone feelng like a kid with a dirty book under his coat coming out of the newsagents. - Dirk Star

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2008, 01:43

:) Hooray! Fame at last.My existance finally has meaning etc etc.And two in one post to boot as well I`m quite simply over awed by it all.Night shift is about to end here and you`ve just kicked off my holiday weekend with a nice warm fuzzy feeling Sweetpea,much obliged.It`s just a shame that I`ve got to spend the rest of today painting the staircase...Doh!
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2008, 15:06

Oh, man!  It feels like I'm in show business!  What a rush!   :)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2008, 17:33

Sweetpea: (speaking about her true character ....)

"in real life - I am not as confrontational as I am here."
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 03 2008, 04:41

I actually burned all my other CDs yesterday, they didn't deserve sitting next to MOTS. Ok ok...  I am joking but I wanted to - TheMann

we can look forward to Mike taking his Tubular Bells theme into the 4th dimension at some point in the future.A kind of Tubular Dementia if you will. - Dirk Star

I wouldn't know what to ask him, he might become irritated if asked a wrong question, then I'd have to go to psychotherapy. - Harmono

I dearly want someone to rebut me so I don't end up on the sofa all evening stewing in my own pessimism - Bassman

I think there's some small print somewhere that expressly forbids the encouragement of passionate embracing on Tubular.net - Alan D

you win this time, you bastard! - Harmono

he asked me to tape it for him after he`d heard it being played at a party.What the hell kind of party that was though I really hate to think.Can`t really imagine too many people strutting their funky middle aged stuff to ambient guitars. - Dirk Star

--------------
Profile PM 
Navaira Offline

Posted: April 05 2008, 15:09

I *LOVE* this thread. :D

--------------
http://www.raygrant.com :: My album 'Exorcism' is out on iTunes now
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 17 2008, 15:45

Sweetpea: (an extract from her forthcoming book 1001 Weird Things To Do With Music)

"I need "Altered State" for when I'm cracking coconuts."
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 17 2008, 16:20

The first thing I'd do after being washed ashore is rename coconuts as 'kee-kay-zay's.

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 19 2008, 15:39

I'll try and keep this straightforward, so the only things that are glazed around here by the end of it are the tubular bell cookies that we keep the tubular.net cookie jar stocked up with. - Korgscrew

This is what happens when someone stupid is in power. You end up with Will Smith having to strangle his only loved one. - Scatterplot

I checked my advice earlier in this thread, and it reads: "Try deleting the Tubular.net cookie". The cookie, observe, not cookies. I'm afraid our company policy advises that recompense can only be provided if our instructions are followed exactly. - Alan D

I have no idea what all of that means, but it sounds very mysterious. I'm sure it means something. - raven4x4x

So just how many are guests, and how many are robots that`s what I wanna` know? - Dirk Star

Ahh these polls. They're pointless, but some how I can't resist. - Clotty

So i'm a small piece of fake suede furniture.Ok - The Caveman

I`m trying very hard now not to imagine what those unused Voyager shots were like..But dammit those slightly bronzed and pertruding nipples are taking some suppressing here. - Dirk Star

It actually brought me to tears when I heard it the other night.  But I don't know if that was because of the profound emotion-stirring nature of the track, or just because I was hormonal. - Ebony

I would be very happy with 5 more Music of the Spheres-esque albums, perhaps Music of the Cubes, Cones, Torus's, and Strange-Amoeba-Like-Blobs-That-Somehow-Manage-To-Form-A-Nice-Sound. - arron1196

Why do I talk so much nonsense? And how do I stop? - Alan D

I might have been unaware of its existence had it not been for the fact that I am a geek and I check out tubular.net everyday. - Navaira

OMG I feel so quoted. - Navaira

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 21 2008, 09:27

This thread is always a good laugh.Keep it up up!!!

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 23 2008, 03:25

I'm already 6 foot 2, and I have at least 97 hairs on my chest! - familyjules

Too tall and too hairy, eh? Recommended diet adjustment: replace soil with sand, and dog's milk with water from the goldfish bowl. - Alan D

I like the regular album version of "Women Of Ireland" better that the single mix, but what are ya gonna do?  I can't have everything.  Not when I'm living on seaweed and monkey brains! - Bassman

Being nerdy with facts is not lame, it's just the way people are here. If you want to tell people they're too interested in Mike Oldfield, then you've come to the wrong place. - larstangmark

I'm getting a bit cheesed off with everything happening before it's even happened, do you know what I mean? Whatever happened to patience? - bee

the day Mike manages to make an album without some kind of cheese factor going on will be the day that the udders run dry Imo.It`s never gonna` happen... Of course one man`s stilton is another man`s Dairylea triangle.And there have been a number of moments in Mike`s career where I`ve felt he`s over stepped the primula myself,and moved into babybel territory.As for Tres Lunas though,?I think it`s a cracker! - Dirk Star

Mike I love you! - Incantations2085

Are you the one with a privacy order after getting caught rummaging through Mike's underwear draw? - The Bell(end)

--------------
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: April 27 2008, 08:13

I only like to watch once the ship hits the iceberg. - Sweetpea

Favourite movie? :laugh:

Titanic in five seconds

Enjoy!
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 29 2008, 05:22

Sweetpea: (an extract from her forthcoming book, On the Protracted and Persistent Proliferation of Punctuation Points in Pestilent Publications)

"one, two, or even three exclamation marks are acceptable and - in fact - express important nuances within the exclamatory strata. But once one exceeds triple marks (and this goes for '????????' as well), the integrity of the system drowns under punctuatory excess!"
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: May 05 2008, 03:37

I guess guitars don't count as real instruments - Korgscrew

I've suggested to ban any mention of The Millennium Bell anywhere on tubular.net but other admins are not sure to agree. - Olivier

That was my last £5.62, so it's dandelion and pebble soup for dinner. - Alan

I can tolerate anything as long as I've got my chest of Pepsi buried nearby.  Bring on the simian cerebral cortex! - Bassman

I wish I were sat in that Plymouth right now with my Sears catalogue knitwear shirt and sympathetically matching flared strides, listening to Tubular Bells on the 8Track on the way to Saltburn by the Sea for a smashing day out - The Big BellEnd

I fantasize about one of them (and which daughter it is, varies) coming up to me to say, "Mom, may I borrow Incantations and Amarok?" And having to buy other copies cos they won't part with them. Of course, I'd also wonder who they were and what they did with my real kids. - Inkanta

It´s hard to masturbate to the tubular logo - prisoner.of.the.dark.sky

Ooooh, new album from mike *AND* new icons here at tb.net! Exciting week to be sure - Matt

in joining this board you have just become significantly cooler. - Bassman

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: May 16 2008, 05:51

You don't enjoy TSODE. OK. Sad but true. - Alan D

A very recognisable MO album with about 97 or 98% certainty on the first listen for anyone without the cloth ear's syndrome - Ray

I must say it's quite hard to imagine a person hating all those hippies, eating nothing but meat, driving a big truck just to annoy environmentalists, swearing at flowers and listening to Pacha Mama all day long. - Harmono

I don't think it's really Mike's fault that Jon Anderson did a really weird performance for "In High Places". - AndyIkI

my spelling being so terrible is a direct result of this harrowing experience - The Caveman

Anyway, shouldn't you be working??!!!!!!!! - Piltdownboy on horseback 22

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: May 24 2008, 02:49

Time moves too fast for me as it is, and if waiting for L+S helps to slow the perception of time, cool. - Inkanta

it's a girlish album, men listen to Amarok - Olivier

I find it a bit annoying how he constantly switch instruments. We know you have a wide range of instruments you can play, Mike. There's no need to put them all on the same song! - Sir Mustpaha

Wow. You seem moved by this album. Upset, yet moved. - Scatterplot

he looks like a soldier. A soldier on duty in the Army of Music. - Ugo

Let us start a campighn to get them to stock all Mike's albums in every branch of Borders across the globe.And then Mike will rise to infinate power.MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA (etc). - The Caveman

--------------
Profile PM 
203 replies since Aug. 12 2007, 05:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (11) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net