Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: the point of tres lunas< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
torbenyj Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 02 2003, 13:48

I have know played the tres lunas game, and I can't find any reason to continue - what is it good for
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: April 02 2003, 15:35

er......its fun? You'll find lots of answers, opinions, etc in the various forums devoted to MVR in this site, check em out.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: April 02 2003, 16:55

... for chilling out a bit :)

well... except for that b***r flying bug around the cactus that still makes me crazy...

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Tieò_mesaèného_svitu Offline

Posted: April 03 2003, 13:21

Doesn't fascinate you that Mike created a game?
Profile PM 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: April 03 2003, 14:51

no, not at all - the idea is good but ..........what - chill out - no and the you et to the place whre youre something speciel and blabla....
I have made a crack and i'm glad i didnt pay any money for the game.
Ok some people will know et angry with me - blablabla................
You have paid money for nothing
Profile PM 
ColdSun2003 Offline

Posted: April 03 2003, 14:56

Tr3s Lunas is a nice little 'investigative' game.  Would've been better if the controls were a bit easier to master, but thay's merely a minor gripe.  In Britain, it worked out at around 1/3 of what most computer games cost so, from my point of view, I got good value.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: April 03 2003, 16:49

I think the idea behind the game is very good. I think it suffers badly in the graphics department, it really is no where near being up to scratch here, and a bit more thought could go into certain aspects of it, but in no way do I feel I've been ripped off, 12 pounds is not a lot to pay for what you get. Mike and his team obviously invested a lot of time and money in it and its only right they should legitimately get what they deserve, especialy if that money is then invested in producing another one. Fans who hack the registration code are probably ruining it for everybody because if Mike doesn't see a profitable return for his investment, which remember came out of his pocket, he's less likely to do another one which would be a shame I think.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: April 03 2003, 18:00

Quote (torbenyj @ April 03 2003, 14:51)
You have paid money for nothing

no way.
i paid money for enjoying music and wonderful landscapes around it.
i paid money for supporting something that imo is a great idea and it's not only cause it's mike's, though i have to admit i bought it the first day it was possible to do it because i'm always watchful about his work but had it been from someone else i would have bought it and say the same.

imo, mvr is not properly a game, maybe that's why people used to games don't find in mvr what they look for... so i'm not trying to convince u... it seems to me u've got a very strong opinion about it...

not very nice from u to boast about what u did...

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: April 05 2003, 05:36

Hi
That you, and it's tru that the "game" isn't a proper game, and I do not play games - I know games, but I find them boring - well the game Black and White is fun, but There's is nothing in tres lunas  you just fly around - finding the rings is easy - perhaps I was hoping to find some rare music but no.
Mr. Oldfield has to do at lot better in the next version before i'll pay for it
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: April 06 2003, 17:51

There's is nothing in tres lunas  you just fly around -  finding the rings is easy - perhaps I was hoping to find some rare music but no.

there are beautiful places to fly around, it's true there are some bugs in mvr, but the worlds are made very carefully, there are lots of nice details... u can fly along huge extensions as the canyon, but u can also get so close to the objects as to watch the locust's face or that black cat on the ship in the rebirth's tunnel...

the main goal of mvr is not taking the seven rings in the least time (though taking them u access some more music) the main goal is provide a place to enjoy flying and listening to music... i'm not very sure about what u mean with 'rare music' but there is indeed good music in mvr... have u flown with the owl? if not, u should do it, maybe your opinion would change at least a bit... or not
:)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: April 06 2006, 17:22

I got it so that I would link the Tr3s Lunas music with memories of the game. (after reading something Alan posted ) It's also a healthy alternative to Splinter cell and True Crime NY ;)

£11.75 was a bargain too! :D

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: April 06 2006, 18:39

shame on you Torben  ;)
i remember you got me that crack but it never worked thought...
So i bought it! And i think it was worth all the penny. But that's me.. I love chill out things that can make me relax. So i had never problem with mike making chill out music either (like tres luans and light side of l+s)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Jammer Offline

Posted: April 06 2006, 18:51

What 'point' do you expect to achieve when you listen to Mike's music? Tr3s Lunas, the MusicVR game, has the same point about it (whatever that might be) but it is presented as an interactive combination of music and graphics. You can either think of it as a set of puzzles where you find rings, or you can simply enjoy the same musical 'scenes' like you would if you were enjoying a track of music on repeated listenings.

I'll agree that perhaps Maestro didn't provide good value for money for me (though the spacious mountain scenes were good), but TL has far more original material in it and was something that Mike and Colin spent a number of years creating.
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: April 07 2006, 07:38

After getting the demo to work on my pc,I purchased the full version of the game at once.Never regretted this & consider it money well spent for the amount of enjoyement I've gained from it.
Computer games in general don't interest me very much so really, graphics not being A1 isn't an issue. Or,even collecting things,getting to the end. Just to be able to relax,travel from place to place,fly with some amazing things.First time I flew with the owl for instance,had almost tears to my eyes with emotion & a child like exitement for entering each new place to visit. And IMO the music fits perfectly to the whole experience which is happily, non violent as well.Love,peace, & Tr3s Lunas for me.
:D
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 07 2006, 12:11

Quote (Tansy @ April 07 2006, 12:38)
First time I flew with the owl for instance,had almost tears to my eyes with emotion & a child like exitement for entering each new place to visit.

That says it all. That's what it's about. That's what the point is.
Profile PM 
stevenmd779 Offline

Posted: April 07 2006, 13:36

I don't much like games myself. It's all fake a substitute for real living. I say go outside and ride a bike or watch stars or something. That's how I listen to music.

--------------
"A people who would sacrifice liberty for security will lose both, and deserve neither." Ben Franklin

Boogs is fo' da chode man.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 07 2006, 13:53

Quote (stevenmd779 @ April 07 2006, 18:36)
It's all fake a substitute for real living. I say go outside and ride a bike or watch stars or something. That's how I listen to music.

If you go down that road, then everything becomes a substitute for real living. What do you think real living is, if it isn't to extend our horizons, our awareness, our experience?

Besides, perhaps you didn't know that some of us ride bikes, watch stars, listen to music, and do an awful lot of other 'real' somethings .... and play Tr3s Lunas.
Profile PM 
DanishDonJuan Offline

Posted: April 07 2006, 14:59

I think the game is a good idea, and I applaud Mike for trying something new.
I would not buy it myself though, as i prefer different type of games, and methods of learning and having fum :-).
I only played the demo, but was not impressed with the graphics and controls, which i found tedious.
But I love the effort, and I'm sure if he made another game that it would be better. But there is no way that this game has reached the level of quality his music has.

--------------
If every road we traveled were the easy, we would be weak, and would eventually think every road difficult.
If every road we traveled tough, we would be strong and eventually think no road to be difficult.

Its the tough road that leads to happiness.
A smooth sea never made a great sailor.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 07 2006, 17:36

Quote (DanishDonJuan @ April 07 2006, 19:59)
I only played the demo, but was not impressed with the graphics and controls, which i found tedious. ...
But there is no way that this game has reached the level of quality his music has.

The Tr3s Lunas demo is feeble, and a very poor advertisement for the game. It really is impossible to form a valid judgement of the game on the basis of that very poor demo (which I suspect only exists so that you can check that the game will run on your computer).

Those of us who know the game well would suggest that the game is an attempt to extend the capabilities of his art - not to replace or supplant his music.
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: April 08 2006, 06:39

Quote (stevenmd779 @ April 07 2006, 13:36)
I don't much like games myself. It's all fake a substitute for real living. I say go outside and ride a bike or watch stars or something. That's how I listen to music.

stevenmd779 I had to smile when I read your comment.Almost exactly what my thoughts used to be regarding the use of a pc itself,never mind computer games played on them.I totaly refused to even look at the screen of a pc.Then,my eldest son bought me one for last years mothers day,said it would be my "windows to the world'. Had to eat my words as it has proved to be a fantastic adventure/experience & mine of information - an extension to some of my other activities in life,like going out on bikes(got a pushbike but go on motorbike as well sometimes),walk in the woods almost every day,sailing when it's season ... and family,two dogs,various wants/needs.Not a hope or a prayer of languishing within a pc,playstation,or whatever game there(not having a dig at you btw,smiling as I type this).Tr3s Lunas is a great place to chill out in,the demo really dosen't let you know the beauty of the full experience of it. Anyone who has only played the demo,it really is just a small "taster" & to find out if it works on your pc.Those who have given it a fair try with open mind(think best not to expect anything & just go with it) and then don't like it,ok  :) can't all like the same things.Last night I played Tr3s Lunas for a while,on a very rare occasion had the house to myself & lit candles,incense,nice glass of red wine.It was lovely :)
Profile PM 
30 replies since April 02 2003, 13:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net