Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Novel< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
mirwais57 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 02 2002, 02:11

This morning i got the Novel The songs of Distant Earth by Arthur C. Clark, simply because TSODE was based on it. I haven't read any yet. Has anyone read it and has a comment on it? I would like to know how good it is.

--------------
http://www.mp3.com/57_13/
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/57_ttpo_13/

NB: Avatar = Mirwais himself.
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 02 2002, 19:02

What happens if we all say it's rubbish - will you just throw it straight in the bin? wink

I read it once and enjoyed it - not my absolute favourite of Clarke's novels perhaps, but I think it's a nicely written book. Give it a try and see what you think...
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: April 03 2002, 09:09

Believe me, The novel is not as good as the music, In fact, the novel was a big letdown to me! The music is and always will be WONDERFUL! Best,Jsexton@unca.edu
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 04 2002, 04:19

I've just started the book, and the basic idea sounds very good.
The idea of a 'realistic' sci-fi novel is interesting, and so far all of the technology in it does sound quite feasable. I won't reveal any of the plot that I've read, but it is also quite interesting. And no, I don;t plan to throw it in the bin if everyone say it is awful.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
3 replies since April 02 2002, 02:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net