Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The multi-tracks are alive! :-)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
larstangmark Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 28 2013, 07:18

"It is winter here in Bahamas ( well it doesn't go much lower then 70 F. ) and I have a few weeks before getting stuck into the Rock project, so I have asked my wonderful record company for the multitracks of Five Miles Out and Crises to be transferred from analog tape to digital ( I hope they don't have to bake them like they did with T.Bells ! ) Looking forward V much to listening to these albums and seeing what I can do maybe in 5.1 surround. Love Mike"

(from https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mikeoldfieldpersonal/)

:)

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
scienceguy Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2013, 03:28

Please please please (with a cherry on top) can we for once have the 5.1 audio track encoded as DTS 96Khz/24bit; and NOT lossy Dolby Digital! :/

It makes such a phenomenal difference to the audio quality and personally I consider it is a crime to see Mike's outstanding musical compositions compressed to hell with Dolby Digital 5.1.

FMO and Crises are without a doubt two of Mike's best compositions; please don't screw it up by using an abhorrent lossy matrix like Dolby Digital!  ;)
Profile PM 
dobyblue Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2013, 10:54

I'd really like to see them do a DVD-Audio release for this, include dts2496 for those just able to have the DVD-Video (and DD 5.1 for anyone with a super old system) and put MLP lossless on the DVD-Audio side, or offer a 24-bit lossless .flac download like we FINALLY got for Tubular Bells.

Aside from that, TOTALLY WICKED that Mike is going to try and do surround mixes for the albums that haven't previously existed in surround. I was disappointed when Platinum and QE2 didn't get surround mixes, felt that would be the norm moving forward, so super stoked to hear this news. Nice one Mike!!
Profile PM WEB 
2 replies since Jan. 28 2013, 07:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net