Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The LP Custom., Is this it?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 18 2008, 09:51

I mentioned some while back that the guitar tone on First Excursion (will my fascination with this peice never end?) sounds fatter,to my ears at least,than the SG/Les Paul Junior he used at the time.Could it be the black Les Paul Custom?The reason i ask is that when it slides into feedback it really does sound like a humbucker rather than the P90 on the SG.It has that slightly hollow tone i'd associate with 'buckers.I mentioned it on another thread so i've put it in the correct one now.
Does the venerable Korg have the answer? :)

If not FE has it been used on anything that you know of?

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
JBG Offline

Posted: May 27 2008, 12:10

According to an interview with International Recording Musician it was the L6s Deluxe that was used on First Excersion.
Mike was discussing his recording technique in this interview and mentioned that alot of the harmonics used on that piece came from controling the feedback from the L6 and the amps, he also mentioned that he liked the neck on the L6.

Hope this helps

--------------
The mark of a good musician is if you can play one note and mean it ....
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 27 2008, 12:12

Cheers mate.I knew was a humbucker!I wonder if he ever used the LP Custom. :)

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: May 27 2008, 15:17

Quote (JBG @ May 27 2008, 18:10)
According to an interview with International Recording Musician it was the L6s Deluxe that was used on First Excersion.
Mike was discussing his recording technique in this interview and mentioned that alot of the harmonics used on that piece came from controling the feedback from the L6 and the amps, he also mentioned that he liked the neck on the L6.

Hope this helps

Never heard of that before. Do you have any more details on that particular interview?

:O
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: May 27 2008, 23:15

I think i saw that recently  - it's linked to from Tubnet - but which one  ' i'm not sure., he was playing some stuff in his studio to show the interviewer and he was using a Gibson L6 or L6s - I think it was Black in the video but i'm Colour blind.

R

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
4 replies since May 18 2008, 09:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net